Remapping a NA Engine

jag625

Reaction score
Has anyone here had their normally aspirated A3 remapped? My car is a 58 reg 1.6 102 S-Line which looks great but goes like a slug!

My car is seriously low mileage for its age so trading in for a different A3 like a 1.8/1.4TFSI would result in a poorly kept car compared to mine for more money, can't do that.

Before anyone says, I know, that the absolute max power increase I could get through a remap is 10% to around 112 114 BHP and a small gain in torque.

However, what I have been told by a reputable company is that they can adjust the throttle response (make it more linear?) and smooth the power delivery slightly thus making it feel a quicker more responsive engine on the road. If you have had your normally aspirated A3 done I would like to know what you think.

Otherwise... think i'll just deliberate over this forever.
icon9.png

Ta

Jon

For the money involved,and the likely gains,I simply wouldn't bother unless you want a different throttle response.

This biggest gain is by adjusting the throttle response. This won't effect how if feels with foot to the floor. Also, changing the fuelling at high loads mid range does make a positive difference, it becomes slightly torquier.

Rick

Personally, I wouldn't bother. I've been down the NA mapping route with my last car, which was already 200bhp @ 1030kg and it was a waste of time... It's a slippery slope and it's not cheap for the gains you make... Never again!

As above, the n/a cars dont do much, I recall years ago driving a 205 1.9 GTi that had been chipped and you couldnt notice a difference!