remap review

tdimax1

Reaction score
well after many months of considering of weather to remap or not i have finally dicided to buy the bluefin. well installing it was very easy much easier than i thought. the main question is what have the gains been. well from what i can notice is that i have a bit more power in acceleration making the traction control work in second and sometimes third gear further more 6th gear acceleration has improoved. there does not seem to have been any gains in top speed though. overall the power dilivery is pretty much smooth.

Nice - you can't beat a remap for bang for buck IMO. Be mad not to do it :)

So did i mate when i went with superchips, in hindsight it was a pile of *****,

I ended up forking out more money for a GIAC remap, and dont regret spending a penny, it really takes the bluefin to the cleaners IMO

Hmm - I only have experience of a remap on a Petrol engine - big difference IMO. I was in 6th and trying to change up thinking I was in 3rd! If you're really disappointed don't superchips have a 7 day refund policy?

Johnnyb said:
So did i mate when i went with superchips, in hindsight it was a pile of *****,

I ended up forking out more money for a GIAC remap, and dont regret spending a penny, it really takes the bluefin to the cleaners IMO

I've driven Revo and Superchips on a 2.0 TFSI in a GTI (no experience with GIAC), the Revo did initially seem more powerful but it felt like an on and off switch with a big wallop of torque as soon as the Turbo kicked in. It also felt like the car was being over-fulled if that makes sense? The superchips map felt much more progressive and simlar to the standard map only with more oomph.

yeah they do offer refund and yeah my car accelerates now in 6th like it did in 5th befor so thers somthing there i think we all belive were going to go like a ferrari when we remap

Best thing to do is tell them you are not totally visit their HQ in Bucks and get the car on the dyno for a before and after run to substantiate power gains, they also have several generic maps to choose from so you may wish to request a different version first, the customer service is usually spot on, although I'm still waiting for a response to an e-mail requesting a reflash on the wifes TDi from a week ago - think I may have upset them suggesting GIAC is a superior product Hee Hee :)

To be fair I was more than happy with the 2.0tdi maps I've used with the average gain being + 30bhp, get in touch before your 7 days are up.

Spin140, have you ever experienced any problems with turbo's failing on remapped diesel's? i want my A3 remapped but some people have told me if i drive it hard the turbo will fail!

I wasn't exactly bowled over with the results after getting my A3 2.0 TDi remapped - maybe I'd expected too much as well.

The extra power is noticable in 1st to 4th, but I can't really notice much more in 5th and 6th. Overtaking from say 50 to 80mph is now excellent however.

I would still recommend a remap to anyone with a 2.0 TDi as it's certainly well worth the money for the improvement you do get - and I haven't noticed any decrease in MPG!

I would also recommend the guy who remapped mine to anyone in the Leeds - Manchester area. He's clearly got experience of all sorts of vehicles, and knew all about the issues with the 2.0 170's when I asked - but he still remaps these to about 205bhp.

well i have spoken to superchips and they have told me that the map i have is the one which they have used often and gives great results they have offered to give me another version to try but they say with this version i may get a bit more smoke dicided to try out the car properly over the weekend and compare it to my mates standard 140 hp and see what happens may be when i compare the diffrence will be noticed more.

The best way to experience the difference is put it back to standard now you have driven it mapped and see how sluggish it feels, I'd prefer slightly lower power and less smoke if it were my car.

Spin

I also tried a Bluefin for my 2.0tdi140 and was disappointed with it. I was hoping for more low down "grunt" and better part throttle response, but didn't get either. I was told that they only remap the settings from about 75% throttle openings. There was a bit more top end power, but I was still disappointed overall and sent it back under the 7 day refund.

Try GIAC guys, if the diesel maps are as good as the petrol you will be very impressed. GIAC offer dealer transparency and switchability back to stock.

Contact - Statller on 0114 2798195 and speak to Junior for some free and in depth advice.

WWW.Statller.com.