1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

remap dpf and egr gone

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by buggy_666, Jan 13, 2013.

1. buggy_666

buggy_666 New Member

hi guys new on here so let me tell you what i have done this week
    i have a a4 avant b8 143 which i am very pleased with
    got her mapped last week and was perfect a lot more power and good mpg about 3 miles per gallon to be right
    however jon at big fish tunning suggested i remove the dpf and egr
    now this is not an easy job as audi in their wisdom dont leave much space to remove the dpf
    now i tried everything to get it out so i could knock out the insides of the dpf but to no avail
    now not been a man that can not and wont be beat by our german freinds i got the said stuborn section of the exhaust jammed in with chocks of wood and knocked ten bells out of the guts of the said filter i must stress this was jammed into the car as these things can not be removed from the car so i done it in situ oh removed all sensors before i started
    took about 2 hours but its done at last
    popped back down to mr big fish tunning and for a very small figure he remapped the filter out and also the egr mapped out
    i must say the car is as smooth as silk now and very very pleased with it and now returning about 6 mpg over no remap
    so what a saving 6 months time i would have recouped my costs and then start to reep the benefits of it
    also no dpf to worry about now or egr problems ever so i would say its a win win situation also its at 200 bhp now with no issues
    hope this helps some guys out

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. southylad

southylad Active Member

Nice one mate blanked my egr other week and had it mapped out with the remap about 5 mpg better off and bout 190 bhp from 140

4. Robert Simpson

Robert Simpson New Member

How are you getting on with mot and the new regulations without the dpf?

5. desertstorm

desertstorm Well-Known Member
    Audi A4

As long as the car passes the smoke test and the original DPF box is there there it will pass with no issues.

6. Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps

Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps Site Sponsor
    Site Sponsor

john is a great guy. DPF out and egr are the best mods you can do with a remap. transforms the vehicle

7. Robert Simpson

Yeah. I'm tempted to have them both out. I just worry a bit if they change the mot regulations

8. Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps

Site Sponsor

dont see what you have to worry about if the job is done right! :)

9. Robert Simpson

True. I'm new to the audi seen. What bhp/torque increase can expect from 2011 A4 avent, TdiE with dpf, egr out with remap

10. Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps

Site Sponsor

you looking at around 215BHP 400NM