Remap Company ?

Spin140

Reaction score
I'm doing some forward thinking and trying to identify a suitable company to remap my 335D.

So far I've come across the following and wondered if any of you have any experience with them, all comments welcomed..

DMS - quote 340bhp @ £750 (discounted by 25%!!)
E-Maps - quote 350bhp @ £399.
Evolution Motorsport - quote 330bhp @ £400

DMS are significantly more expensive than any others with the only difference being they offer a 3 year warranty and before and after dyno runs.

Unfortunately GIAC and the usual suspects do not list applications for the 335D.

Before anybody says it yes the car is plenty fast enough I'm just so damn greedy :) !!!

Spin

No help to your question but what sort of torque are you looking at after a remap?!

Hi

Evolution Sport is our sister company and uses our software. Here is a link to a review about a 335d we remapped which was running a DMS remap.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155537

This car will be entering a competition called Fighting Torque this Sunday. Last year this 335d was running a weaker map and was almost equal to our modded Z3M Coupe and a modified M3 CSL over a 3/4 mile run.

My money is on the CSL getting beat this year :)

Simon @ E-maps did my 335D, and the results were awesome - Just so relentless!! How you getting on with the D?? He also offers a 12 month warranty. Havent tried the others but they all get good reports.

My car went into BMW for a complete ECU update overnight, and it wasn't detected, so no problems there also

In the words of Richard Hammond when commenting on the Merc SL63 Black:

"If you unleash that much torque all at once you'll spin the planet the other way"

Apparently an amazing car once remapped, the torque is a force to be reckoned with in standard form so one can only imagine ;)

Apparently an amazing car once remapped, the torque is a force to be reckoned with in standard form so one can only imagine ;)

No apparently about it, mine was a real flyer once maped (and before) - You just won't believe how much faster it makes it - Low fives to 60, mid twelves to 100 and 1/4 mile in 13.5 or so (from e90post).

Its the mid range power that it really shines though, which is phenominal as a standard car anway:)

No apparently about it, mine was a real flyer once maped (and before) - You just won't believe how much faster it makes it - Low fives to 60, mid twelves to 100 and 1/4 mile in 13.5 or so (from e90post).

Its the mid range power that it really shines though, which is phenominal as a standard car anway:)

I had planned to try and wait a while but once you've remapped a car you cant help but wonder, I've done 800 miles in 3 weeks now so I think it may just be ready for a trip to Luton, Evolve are favourite at the minute with the variant 2 map = 350bhp & 700nm torque, they do offer 345bhp & 730nm but I can imagine some traction issues with that one, when we spoke on the phone I had to laugh when he quoted a 2-4 mpg improvement over standard, hardly the reason I'm interested in a remap LOL :)

I'm still 'learning' how to get the best from the car at the moment as I have always been a die hard manual gearbox kind of guy, the Auto mode is pretty good but as you suggested in an earlier thread no substitute for a manual, I have found I need to change down with the paddles if making a fast approach to an island to take advantage of engine braking, all a learning curve but still ready for a little more :)

What made me laugh with driving my 335d, and especially more after the map, was the wave of torque when it changes gear under full throttle - You can feel it pinning you and your innards against the seat.

MPG wise, I took mine to the south of france and back, near on a 2000 mile round trip, at a near on contstant of 90-100mph, with times where I was up to 140mph (private road of course) and my mpg for the journey was 33!!!! Just amazing.

I'm glad you can see what I mean about the box now. I even tried contacting Alpina to get their software for it, as they run the same box in the B3, and all the reports are amzing of that setup.

After the map, I never had any problems with limp home mode or anything that other people have complained of on e90post.com