1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recaro re-trim

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Morells, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Morells

Morells Member

Basically I have recently bought some recaro's and like most recaro buckets the bolsters get a little warn and a little bit of other wear here and there so was wondering what price would it be to get the seats re-trimmed? If anyone knows.
  2. Keane

Keane Active Member

A lot of monies me thinks bud !
  3. Morells

Morells Member

I'm expecting quite a lot would I be correct I'm thinking between £500-800?
  4. Keane

Keane Active Member

Yea if not more :/ bet they would be quite tricky and you don't wanna skimp on quality.
  5. s3_sid

s3_sid Active Member

Think I got quoted £880 for both front seats in alcantara and leather
  6. Morells

Morells Member

Where was this buddy? And did you have recaro's? And probably a stupid question but is alcantara more expensive than just leather?
  7. Dave-S3

Dave-S3 Active Member

N8 quoted me between £1600-1700 for a full retrim in two tone leather for front buckets, door cards and rear bench.. if that helps.

However i was quoted about £130 for a professional worn bolster repair & a very small rip in my rear seat...
  8. s3_sid

s3_sid Active Member

Yeah i have the big buckets in my car, alcantara can be more expensive it depends on the grade of the leather ! I'll dig out the name of the company !
  9. L1ARR

L1ARR Active Member

There are so many upholsters out there, you have MJ Interiors, Plush and Lawrence Gray trimming. It all depends on what you want and the finish and the match etc

I have been thinking about a similar task, would be interested to hear how you get on.
  10. s3_sid

s3_sid Active Member

To be honest mate if you only have the bolsters that worn on the drivers seat maybe you should look at a new back cover from audi I'm sure you should be able to get them still
  11. JimboS3

JimboS3 Member

I definitely wouldn't order covers from audi, even if they can supply them they'll probably be more than the price of a full re trim!
    I've used MJ interiors for my mk2 golf recaro interior. It's factory finish and I thought it was a bargain price! Around 1600 for full black napa, the door cards are a work of art. I'd have happily paid a grand for the doorcards on their own. Don't go by their website it's very old , I don't think it's been updated for a few years ha and the photos do no justice!