1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reasons to love your S3 - S3 owners only please! :-)

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by s3dave, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Sam_

Sam_ Down under

Haha sorry I'm in Thailand with ropey internet :)
  2. turnstyle

turnstyle Member

Yep :)
  3. PiranhaMan

PiranhaMan Member

nice choice mate.... i want the same on mine
    ..... are they 18's and did u need adaptors?.... the ones ive seen online say there not suitable for 8l s3's
    m19lte likes this.
  4. s3clarke

s3clarke Money grabbing s3!

Try 'rimstyle.com' mate, I had a look yesterday they have plenty of Rota wheels that fit the 8l mate.
  5. turnstyle

turnstyle Member

Yup 18" mate. 5x100 pcd so straight fit. Offset was a bit tricky so im led to believe, but im sure i could dig that info out if you want it.
    It was the last owner that fitted them so i cant take any credit for the style choice. But he did buy them direct from rota to get them spot on.
    Plus these are 9.5j so are feckin wide

he did well though as i get full lock without rubbing. and no rubbing on rear.

Only time ive had any issues was when the car was fully loaded up with kit, me & wife, and we hit a dip on motorway at 70 - front bumper scraped
  6. ali50ferrari

ali50ferrari Member

i love my s3 because.......[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

she always looks fresh after a wash and wax!
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
  7. PiranhaMan

PiranhaMan Member

thanks for that mate... really helpful

and yeah if you could send me any info you have about the offset that would be great

im not too clued up with this sort of thing so the more i know before i buy the better
  8. phil miller

phil miller Member

TBH i think the mines better than yours is just plain banter, lets face it both the S3 and A3 can make the same power without mods on the inside, just using the Ko4 turbo, you see the A3 TQS (like Ron) is almost a middle ground, its an A3 but with the running gear and suspension set up off an S3, ok the roll bars and springs will be different, but my point is this, take a 3dr TQS and an S3 now the S3 has flaired arches (i like alot) better brakes (a must imho) better seats and cluster, and 35bhp more,

I think ive made it clear i do love the S3, But most people that have a clue about cars knows an S3 is quick, most will think the A3 isnt, would i have an S3 Hell yes at the drop of a hat, just because ive got an A3 i do share the running gear with Rons bigger brother so im half way there :)

Banters good, it makes you smile (sometimes) makes you cry at other times, ASN/ the 8L section is the best forum im on, who cares if my A3 cost £200 and so in sos S3 cost them 8Grand, the end of the day we all love the same model, the 8L
  9. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

fcn beautiful man..... :friends:
  10. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

Because she will get you up any farm track in the country thanks to her epic ground clearance :laugh:

On a serious note, that's beautiful, it just needs lowered, quite a lot! or bigger tyres for anti-stance!
  11. ali50ferrari

ali50ferrari Member

Na dude its lowered by 20mm on front amd 25mm on rear with eibach springs standard shocks, fully polybushed with 8.5x18 front and 9.5x18 on rear 3sdm 00.1 and also 15mm spacers on the rears with a front neuspeed antiroll bar, that pic was when it was first lowered and i painted the calipers, now they have bedded the arches have coverage nicely with rimmage lol but still comfy to drive!
  12. Jason.s

Jason.s Active Member

Get some up to date pics up then! :)
  13. m19lte

m19lte Member

Yea I agree, don't quite know what it is but love working on her n every time I go out in it it gives me an instant smile :)
  14. ali50ferrari

ali50ferrari Member

little bit up to date pictures
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
  15. S3 Rav

S3 Rav Well-Known Member

Very nice.
  16. vfr800

vfr800 Member

Damn those alloys are sexy!
  17. s3 Hoggy

s3 Hoggy Whats going on???

Yellow Brembo's and your done
  18. ali50ferrari

ali50ferrari Member

yeh i would really like yellow brembos but i gotta source some in the mean while i just painted my standard ones yellow coz my fogs are tinted yellow, i keep ma rims clean man polish them with poorboy's wheel sealant and they stay fresh !
  19. S3quatt

S3quatt Flat Oot like a ducks Foot

Meh. Can't say I've ever needed the 4WD in the dry, only ever found it kicking in on snow or greasy roads...

I don't see how wide arches are for people who can't drive either.

All in all tho, I've had a tdi A4, S2, S4 & a 996, but kept the S3 for going 7 years now & it is without a doubt the best car I've owned!
    No offence to the TQS / A3 crowd, but IMHO they look dated now & remind me of the old nissan micra advert with the bubble shaped drawing.

I still say the S3 looks good even at 10 years old & despite what people say, the seats are super comfy even with a buggered back! That lumbar support makes all the difference!
  20. Westy

Westy Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Don't listen to Jardo mate he can't drive anyway so not sure what FWD or Quattro has to do with it.

I've noticed that the Quattro has become a lot more beneficial now I have more power. It really can be felt in all conditions even the dry. I've also managed to light up all 4 wheels before in the dry, all be it with budget tyres.
  21. lovemelongtime

lovemelongtime Member

Now my project has begun, I feel the s3 love, she was called "fat alice" now she is "alice the audi". I think some more power 300bhp +, 10mm extra lows on the front and some nice team dynamic 12.1 in that grey colour and she should look good.