1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear speaker cable colours

tonyt102 Dec 9, 2006

1. tonyt102

tonyt102 Member

Hello chaps,

AndyMac helped me loads with a speaker upgrade in my old S3 which I have reciently sold. I have just bought a 2003 S4 without Bose and am wanting to carry out a similar stealth sub/amp upgrade.

I've been searching the forum but can't find the info I'm after...

At the rear amp, on top of the o/s/r wheel arch, which colour wires go to the rear door speakers? I've bought the BP RCA preout lead as eventually I want to amplify my front door speakers too.

I'm planning to replace the sub in the rear parcel shelf and add an amp. Can anyone recommend an amp (at a reasonable price)? I used a Kenwood last time partly coz it was a good price. It made a huge difference.

Any help would be much appriciated

Thanks in advance

Antony.

2. james0808

james0808 Active Member

Red/Yellow,Brown/Yellow
    Red/Green,Brown/Green

3. james0808

james0808 Active Member

4. tonyt102

tonyt102 Member

Cheers James, appriciate it.

Which one is right and left, and + & -, do you know? No worries if you can't remember, I just have to remove the door cards and check.

Thanks again.

Antony

5. james0808

james0808 Active Member

Red/Green Rear Right +
    Brown/Green Rear Right -

Red/Yellow Rear Left +
    Brown/Yellow Rear Left -

6. tonyt102

tonyt102 Member

Thanks James, thats a great help!

7. tonyt102

tonyt102 Member

Out of interest James, what system are you running?

I was going to simply add a new sub and amp, powering the rear speakers (and sub) as I did on my last car. Reading a post by AndyMac, he recommends amping the front and not the rear. Not sure what to do now???