Rear LED indicators--dont do it!

ALPINE

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost
Reaction score
wow... what a difference. a sharp on and off..... looks like the new beemas and mercs indicators. will get some for the fronts now for sure.

SDC10984.jpg

just the map lights, reverse, fronts and brakes to do now and im all LED

EDIT... HAZARDS WORK OK, BUT INDICATORS FLASH TOO FAST!

Last edited:
i tryed to take a pic with em working.. but they flash suprisingly!! lol ill try again later! lol

Ohand nice speakers too, I have the floor standing ones ;)

thanks, Those speakers sound lovley. im using these as fronts atm as i have a 1 year old and i like my Kef floor standers in 1 piece. lol

As for the LEDS, dont bother with them... hazards work fine but just came back from shopping and the indicators flash as if there was a bulb out! Ahh well... live and learn as they say!

There must be a way of changing all the light bulbs in brakes, indicators, reverse, side etc to LED without having the car think theres a bulb out. Resistors attached to the LED normally fix the problem dont they?

G

There must be a way of changing all the light bulbs in brakes, indicators, reverse, side etc to LED without having the car think theres a bulb out. Resistors attached to the LED normally fix the problem dont they?

G

yeh thats all the "warning safe"are. I cant be *****, ill send em back and get me moneys back. sellers olny 5 mins from me so maybe he could sort some in the future. Shame they did flash nice! (with hazards!)

So can you buy warning safes? Or something that must be modified yourself?

I'm interested in doing a complete LED change, love LED lights, they look sooooo much better!

G

Having just spoken to Autobulbsdirect.co.uk they confirm that it can be done simply but soldering a resistor into the light fitting outputs (+) (-) and fit the bulb, fooling the car into thinking that the bulb is correct and drawing the correct current.

I might look into this, unfortunately this does mean a resistor for each bulb. So....

1 for Sidelight (rear)
1 for Brake Light
1 for indicator (front and rear)

The resistors get hot and therefore need ventilation. Perhaps I'll get my electronics expert mate to give me a hand.

G

Don't bother with DIY resistors, they get far too hot in the housings. You can buy resistor'd LED side lights now, so might be able to find a company that supplies the same for bayonet bulbs as well as wedge type bulbs . . .

Yes I know they get hot see my above post....

I don't know of any manufacturers making the resister inside these bulbs!

G

The ones i had fitted to my A4 for the LED tails cam in quite large heatsinks, iirc were around £10 delivered

Don't bother with DIY resistors, they get far too hot in the housings. You can buy resistor'd LED side lights now, so might be able to find a company that supplies the same for bayonet bulbs as well as wedge type bulbs . . .

Was thinking the same thing. i been to halfrads now and got some nice orange ones! i want a easy life!

Ah right, I thought you meant you had LED bulbs with inbuilt resistors. Shame :)

If the hazards flash ok but the indicators don't then sounds like a faulty relay. Not sure how one can work and not the other with the same LED bulbs?

well no, the hazard relay is driving 4 x bulbs where as the indicators flash only 2 x bulbs so will flash loads faster due to the missing load of the LED "bulb"