Rear ARB replacement - suggestions

thansk Steve. sounds like a plan.
swarcup - I saw your post #2. I meant that I haven't seen the drop links mentioned in other threads (not posts within this thread) although it's entirely possible that I have glanced over this. It makes absolute sense that they should be changed if they haven't been done recently. I'm off to see if I can find Meyle HD parts since I'm using them for the front control arms etc

I replaced my RARB at the weekend, what a difference... easy to do as well. I must admit I am thinking about changing the gearbox and diff oil as well..

Done this today on mine. Took it to work (I'm the workshop manager for County Council), up on the ramp, 20 minutes, job done. The journey home incorporates three roundabouts. The last two are small, almost mini roundabouts. The first one I come to however, is a proper (lets see what happens) roundabout. I must have looked a strange sight as I went right around it :)
The car stayed noticably flatter than it would of previously. It instils more confidence in the handling (not that it was bad to start with), but most definately a worthwhile mod.
Fitted my HIDS too, but not too sure. Bit too bright and no beam image pattern. I think these might come back off soon and I'll bite the bullet and do a proper Xenon upgrade.
My XcarLink should be here tomorrow which will serve a purpose until funds are available for the RSN-e upgrade :)

Pair of boxed OEM drop links (8E0 505 465 AC) at 12 quid each. the AC part supercedes the AF I think. Or vice versa.
I'll try to fit them and the rarb today

I changed the gearbox oil on mine at the same time as the RARB went on, did it on my MkIV for longevity. When it was done it seemed to go inot 1st & 3rd a lot easier... but that's very subjective.
One word of advice... take the fill plug off BEFORE the drain plug. If you can't get the fill plug out after you've removed the drain plug, you're scuppered! (Seems obvious, I know)

My car is going in for the gearbox ecu on Tuesday :(

Main dealer says I need a rear ARB. Garage wants confirmation from me that rs4 will fit straight on, If not...it's my problem not theirs?

Advice please !

My car is going in for the gearbox ecu on Tuesday :(

Main dealer says I need a rear ARB. Garage wants confirmation from me that rs4 will fit straight on, If not...it's my problem not theirs?

Advice please !

RS4 rarb fits straight in in place of the original matey. :thumbsup:

Just picked car up from Inde-tech at Bletchley . Fitted RS4 arb, drop links, bushes etc as per part numbers above...

Wow. What a difference! Thanks to everyone here for convincing me to go for it !
Really does corner very flat now. Seems to have eliminated under steer ?! Looking forward to dry weather and empty roundabout to try it "properly" :eek:)

Right list of part numbers and costs

RARB - 8E0 511 409 AL - £58.80
Bushes - 8E0 511 327 A - £2.78 each
Brackets - 8E0 511 439 - £2.85 each
Drop links - 8E0 505 465 AF - £25.95 each

Lostbok, can't understand how it was a 2 man job as I have a quattro as well, undid both the exhaust mounts at the rear of the car and it just needed pulling down very slightly to get the RARB in, did your guys take 1 wheel off to slide the bar in? I did mine lying on my back in the driveway, no assistance whatsoever....

hello guys going to do this mod !

So how many of each bushes , brackets and droplinks are needed to fit the rarb ?