Really need peoples opinions/help for my University work....

Bugsy_27

Vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I really need you're help for my final project at University, I'm studying graphic design and for my last big project I'm putting together an ad campaign to help influence males of all ages to dance, weather its for general fitness, something better to do or as a career.

The project is based around my 2 younger brothers who have both danced from an early age, the oldest is the current under 18 European Street and break dance champion and also north west and north east of England light weight boxing champion. The youngest has just finished 3 and a half years living in London working full time in The Billy Elliot Musical as Micheal (Billy's best friend) he's now still dancing and plays Sunday league football.

So basically theres 2 things I need help on,

1-Is there any male members on here that dance or have ever done? (doesn't matter what type of dancing) Can you please PM and I will send you a questionnaire I have put together

2-What does everyone think of male dancers? Please Please be as honest as possible.

Thanks Lee

Cant help mate, im too old and dont do dancing anymore, although in the 90's I could be found in large clubs gurning my face off flailing my arms around, i still wouldnt call it dancing though.

I thought the classic attitude of blokes in clubs was to look cool at the bar, and definately not prancing around the dancefloor like a nob?

ANYONE?

At least answer this question: What Do you think of male dancers?

Really appreciate it, Lee

If there doing kinda bodypop or stuff thats cool then i like it ...But that program fame do you remember it well im not into men doing that or ballet or any crap like that but thats just my opinion it dosent mean its right...

Did you see the little lad doing the dancing abit like bodypop on britains got talent he was awesome

here a link now male dancing like this then yeah , hes a cool goodlucking little guy this chap...... he's gonna get some chicks when he takes off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Nz73UPzktQ

I personally love 'cutting the rug' and my mates enjoy it too but they are typical white men (no rhythm) unlike me :).
wanted to answer earlier but do not know any pro dancers.
male dancers stereotypes usually gay blokes and cars usually equals mens men (not gay) so responses might be few and far between.

Personally i am not big on dancing at all and don't really enjoy it - although after a few pints once in a blue moon I might have a go :yahoo: (but am the typical no rhythm white man as mentioned by voorhees)!

I have nothing against male dancers although I do struggle to understand why anyone would want to - but thats just because I wouldn't want to if that makes sense. I agree with 10blazin about male ballet dancers - whyever anyone would to do that I have no idea - but if someone does want to then good luck to them :)

I agree with 10blazin about male ballet dancers - whyever anyone would to do that I have no idea - but if someone does want to then good luck to them :)

hell yeah,I hear a good beat and if I've had a few or not and there is a dancefloor I'll get my lard *** moving so I reckon it must be a stronger feeling for wannabe dancers
i dont know much about dancing but CHRIST !!!!! check this guy out.

Lee hes one strong geezer

yeah that guy is fecking strong to move one one arm and do them moves but depends how much he weighs though aswell.... my mate used to always say that crap to me can you do a one armed push up , he could do it pretty fast wheres id struggle but get one out id say yeah but your 12 stone im 16 lol totally different cup of tea ....

10blazin
did you watch it to the end ( the press ups with his feet in the air )
i dont know about you but i think id have to be about 3 stone to do that.

" but your 12 stone im 16 lol totally different cup of tea ...." 16 stone = to many cups of tea lol :)

no im saying he's very strong did you read mine properly although im saying weight does have alot to do with it ...yeah 16 cups o tea lol i aint to fat tbh just thick set

come dance meet nice chicks

but generally dancers get the camp rap.

Havn`t seen that dance vid for a while one of the best out there, but hi s arms are longer than his legs lol

I love dancing personally, I think I wasn't too bad a dancer in my younger years when I was 4st lighter lol, certainly helps to impress the other girls on the dance floor! But I'm not into the bally dancing or anything similar.

i could used to do the catterpiller but when i turned 15 and tried it i nearly bust my nuts ...lol
i just dont know how anyone older than 15 can acheive the catterpiller without breaking your balls....do they like tuck em in or sumut .....lol

never tried the caterpillar (I think a small package would help?)

A very good friend of mine is a male dancer and had been in a couple of west end musicals and I think he is one of the luckiest men alive.
In his current show there are two straight men and he is one of them all the women bar one i think are single and all stunning. To say he gets laid a lot is an understatement.

Unfortunately for me my dance moves are limited to the pepper pot, feeding the pidgeons and some crazy step over thing i do after about 10 pints.