Really Clean Cars

jediknight

Reaction score
Website
www.nathanwillits.com
Realised the other thread i had going was probably in the wrong section.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=24510

so started a new thread

A friends P reg MGF. Pretty dirty with some light - mild swirling

ReneMGF.jpg

ReneMGF1.jpg

ReneMGF3.jpg

ReneMGF4.jpg

The process:

Full wash down with AG products
Machine polish with menzerna Final Finish 106 on a megs polishing pad
Layer of AG Super Resin Polish
Washed again
Stoped about 8:30pm

ReneMGF11.jpg

ReneMGF14.jpg

The lights came in pretty handy

The rest of the process was:

Wash again
Clean glass in and out and dress rubber
Apply Megs #7 glaze
Apply Collinite 476s
Clean interior.

After shots

RenePGFafter.jpg

RenePGFafter1.jpg

RenePGFafter2.jpg

RenePGFafter5.jpg

RenePGFafter6.jpg

RenePGFafter7.jpg

RenePGFafter8.jpg

RenePGFafter9.jpg

Ok so back at my friends today doing his 911 again... and he has been a very good boy, no fairy liquid, neat alcohol, washing up scrubbers or sponges have been near the car since i last did it. He has washed it a couple of times but promised he rinsed it down first.

So first to clean wheels and TFR the whole car to remove muck and old wax.. then onto the shampoo... and who says Autoglym shampoo doesnt foam up??

Steves911.jpg

Pleanty of suds as far as i can see :thumb:

Steves9111.jpg

Then onto the clay, Megs clay with quick detailer. Not very dirty actually, was quite surprised actually. Washed it again and then dried with a megs water magnet.. which i was very impressed with for the first time i used it.

Anyway.... then i used megs #7 show car glaze followed by 2 layers of collinite 476s via the spit shine method.

Then..... it rained.

Steves91110.jpg

Steves91111.jpg

Steves91112.jpg

Steves91113.jpg

Steves91116.jpg

Steves91117.jpg

Steves91118.jpg

(ok some was artificial rain)

Then.. it dried up again and i took it down the road for some pics

Steves91120.jpg

Steves91125.jpg

Steves91126.jpg

Steves91129.jpg

Steves91130.jpg

cheers

Evening. Just had a really long day doing this...

JohnsDB9oct.jpg

JohnsDB9oct1.jpg

Washed in my usual way.

AG wheel cleaner
AG TFR whole car
AG Shampoo nice and frothy with warm water today :thumb:
Dried with my new sonus Der Wunder drying towel

Then into the garage...

Car was then clayed... again.. not very dirty. Even though i machined this car a few months ago there was some hazeyness and slight swirls, possibly from where the owner wiped it down a few times??? not too sure.. seems i spend half my life chasing swirls these days!

Anyway... my all time favorite product Autoglym Super Resin Polish sorted any odd marks out and left an amazing finish. This product is really under-rated. Yes it leaves dust but just brush or wash it off after.

This is a pic after just the SRP

JohnsDB9oct2.jpg

SRP is so good infact that i found it hard to see much difference when i applied megs #7 glaze. i think im gonna have to move onto Zymol HD Cleanse to see if it gives a better shine than the megs #7 or even the SRP.

anyway... while i was taking some reflection shots after the #7 the owners friend showed up in.... another Aston Martin.

JohnsDB9oct12.jpg

JohnsDB9oct13.jpg

JohnsDB9oct14.jpg

JohnsDB9oct15.jpg

After chatting with the Vantage V8 owner and setting a date to go and sort his car out and also giving it a quick wash i got back to the db9.

2 layers of collinite 476s were applied and then i wheeled it back outside for another wash down and some beading shots.

JohnsDB9oct17.jpg

JohnsDB9oct18.jpg

JohnsDB9oct19.jpg

JohnsDB9oct20.jpg

Some tyre and arch dressing and window polish and a few pics before back into the garage.

JohnsDB9oct21.jpg

JohnsDB9oct23.jpg

JohnsDB9oct24.jpg

JohnsDB9oct29.jpg

The onto the interior. Vacuum, leather wipe down and then leather feed.

Final shots including a great reflection.

JohnsDB9oct28.jpg

JohnsDB9oct27.jpg

thanks.

Nathan

Todays detail started at 7:30am over in oxford. Gotta be the longest one i have done so far... guess i didnt realise just how big those blasted things are!

Anyway... started in the dark so no before pics.

Usual process on wheels, arches, shuts and engine bay.

Onto the clay.. the past 3 cars i have clayed havent been very dirty atall... this on the other hand... This was after half a door...

BobsRS6.jpg

So i clayed each panel twice so make sure it was clean. Every inch of paint was clayed. Long job.

Sun came out (and it got boiling for an october day) and i checked the paint. Was in very good condition. Car had been done by dave (******* guy from the tt forum) about 6 months ago so im guessing he sorted the paint out nicely.

So onto my favorite product... Super Resin Polish (Radiant Wax in trade form)

BobsRS61.jpg

Few pics after the SRP was taken off..

BobsRS62.jpg

BobsRS63.jpg

BobsRS64.jpg

Then onto the Megs #7 Glaze No pics of this as rain was imminent nso i had to crack on but it was looking great at this stage. Then on with 2 layers of Collinite 476s before it did rain.

BobsRS65.jpg

BobsRS66.jpg

BobsRS67.jpg

Re-dried, applied dressings, cleaned interior and then some final pics. One thing i will say... i didnt use it but the seats had already been treated with liquid leather and they felt the best i have ever felt leather. Gonna be getting some of that i reckon!

Anyway.. the pics.. unfortunately it was gone 5pm and there wasnt any bright sun which is a same because in the sun it looked amazing!

BobsRS69.jpg

BobsRS610.jpg

BobsRS611.jpg

BobsRS612.jpg

BobsRS614.jpg

BobsRS616.jpg

BobsRS617.jpg

BobsRS626.jpg

BobsRS631.jpg

Then a long 2 hrs drive home in torrential rain and m25 traffic.

Fun day though and a great car

Cheers

Nathan

Excellent............ the next time you are up in Scotland tell me

which part of scotland are you... its a it far for me but i know a couple of top notch blokes that i can give you details too if your interested. (depending on your location.)

THINGS DONT ALWAYS GO MY WAY....

This started out as a prefectly normal detail but turned into my longest most difficult bit of work so far.

The car was a newly purchased 1997 911 993 C2S in Ocean Blue. The new owner had only had it 1 day and had asked me to come along to remove swirls and prep it for winter.

No problem i thought to myslef. I've done hard german paint before and a few other porsches so i didnt see a massive job ahead of me...

Started off as usual with a good wash down and then a clay which brought up small amounts of dirt on all panels. Looked lovely and silky afterwards. Just a washing pic for you though.

993C2S.jpg

Then the fun started. Under the lights you can see i was fairly sucessfull with swirl removal on the bonnet..

Before
993C2S1.jpg

After
993C2S2.jpg

Upon closer inspection though (holding the lights much closer to paint... no pics as its a 2 handed job) there were loads of very very fine marks... not really swirls but linear marks.

I was using Menzerna PG followed by FF which has worked well on past details. So i went over the panel again with PG. Didnt budge the fine marks

I may aswell mention the PTG readings at this point (i took them after claying the car)

Roof was 110-150
Rest of body was anything from 220-300 and up to 600 in a couple of places. I smell a respray. Paperwork for the car confirms a new rear panel, repaired and painter R/O/S panel and repaired and painted O/S Door. But all the rest of the car matched the readings on those known resprayed panels so i think at some point the whole thing has been done.

This has susequently led me to believe that some defects are UNDER the new clear coat and therefore untouchable by the polishing.

If you look at these pics you can see the very fine lines as well as some more before and afters... in some cases there was no difference in before and after even after 2 atempts with PG which would have atleast shifted some of the marks as its so harsh and well renouned for being and excellent defect remover.

Fine lines in R/O/S wing after alot of polishing. PTG still reads 250ish. and no there not holograms. i had also gone over this panel twice with FF Finishing polish.
993C2S7.jpg

N/S door before
993C2S5.jpg

N/S door after (didnt get a pic in sun but hundreds of fine lines runing front to back still after PG and FF twice)
993C2S6.jpg

R/N/S wing after PG and FF (i was getting very disheartend at this point as it seemed no defects were coming out even with what i would consider extreme polishing.)
993C2S11.jpg

Agreed with the owner to give it a quick coat of SRP to protect for a couple of weeks while i worked out what to do... Its only since i have been home that i have talked to a few people in the know and a couple of friends that work in bodyshops who have all now pretty much confirmed that the defects must be under the new clear coat. Have to now break bad news to owner and arange a time when i can return to complete the winter prep and do interior if he still wants it doing.

Very tired and demorolised after almost 20hrs of fruitless labour.

Final pics from today...

At least it looked lovely in low light

993C2S12.jpg

993C2S13.jpg

993C2S14.jpg

993C2S15.jpg

993C2S16.jpg

Will update this if and when i go back to finish the car.

Nathan

Excellent jobs, i like the way you go to work in your S3 :)

in the aston pics, is the owner a footballer, from the reflection you can see a load of football boots

So its taken the best part of 2 days but its done.

My friends Black MR2 Turbo needed some love.

Some before pictures.

MR2Clean.jpg

MR2Clean2.jpg

MR2Clean3.jpg

General muck and cat prints from them loving the warm engine.

The process

Wheels Soaked with AG (Autoglym) Wheel Cleaner, Scrubbed, Rinsed
Body Soaked with AG PM3 TFR and pressure rinsed
Body Washed with AG Shampoo and a Megs wash mit.
Body Clayed with Megs Quick Clay which showed up mild dirt.

MR2Clean6.jpg

MR2Clean7.jpg

Then You could clearly see how dull and swirly the paint was so it was all taped up and sorted with Menzerna Power Gloss and Final Finsh oh Megs Cutting and Finishing Pads respectively.

Before (swirls in both lights)
MR2Clean9.jpg

After (swirls on right hand side have gone.. still see some on left )
MR2Clean12.jpg

Action shot...
MR2Clean16.jpg

Then I applied a coat of AG Super Resin Polish and left it for the night as it was dark and couldnt really continue.

50/50 shot of the Super Resin Polish though
MR2Clean22.jpg

New day......(actually 6 days later now)

Washed. Applied Super Resin Polish again... then...

Applied Megs Show Car Glaze
The applied 2 coats of Collinite 476s Wax.
Then conditioned all the exterior plastic and cleaned the glass in and out.
Applied AG tyre shine
Cleaned exhaust tips..

And the results....

MR2Clean24.jpg

MR2Clean26.jpg

MR2Clean27.jpg

MR2Clean28.jpg

MR2Clean29.jpg

MR2Clean31.jpg

MR2Clean34.jpg

MR2Clean36.jpg

MR2Clean40.jpg

The one of me is a reflection in the bonet.

Cheers

Nathan

Hello again.. been a busy week!

Todays car was a dark blue Audi A6.

Products used:

Autoglym (AG) Wheel Cleaner
AG PM3 TFR
AG Shampoo and Conditioner
Sonus Der Wunder drying towel*
AG Super Sheen
AG Super Resin
Collinite 476s*
Megs Last Touch*
AG Fast Glass
AG Glass Polish
AG Vinal and Rubber Care
AG Leather Feed

*Purchased and Available from Clean Your Car

Rolled the car out of the garage and could see just how swirly it was!! Due to time and expense though it was decided that a full machine polish could wait till summer... SO this was a chance for the Super Resin Polish to do its magic.

Before shots. The whole car was as swirly as the 2 sample shots.

MarcusAudiA6.jpg

MarcusAudiA61.jpg

MarcusAudiA62.jpg

MarcusAudiA63.jpg

Wheels cleaned with AG Wheel Cleaner and both the AG and Megs wheels brushes.

Car then covered in TFR including door and boot shuts and engine bay. Pressure Rinsed.

Then shampoo'd with AG Shampoo and Conditioner.

MarcusAudiA64.jpg

Dried and then Clayed with Megs quick clay and Last Touch. Most panels came up like this

MarcusAudiA65.jpg

Car the covered in Super Resin Polish to see what it would do with the swirls. They were VERY bad so i wasnt expecting miracles.

MarcusAudiA66.jpg

Once off though it had definately done a great job in masking them. These pics were before the collinite. Unfortunately the light had really changed so its not a true comparison by photo and from the low angles i could get down to there were still 30-40% of the swirls visible but it was still a pretty good job!

MarcusAudiA67.jpg

MarcusAudiA68.jpg

Then 2 coats of Collinite 476s before my favorite part.... blasting and wax out of shuts and door handles and getting those beautiful beading shots

MarcusAudiA69.jpg

MarcusAudiA610.jpg

MarcusAudiA611.jpg

MarcusAudiA612.jpg

MarcusAudiA613.jpg

Then did the trim and glass before the interior. Leather was cleaned and fed with Autoglym products.

Afters (forgot any of the interior but it was a nice cream leather.

MarcusAudiA614.jpg

MarcusAudiA615.jpg

MarcusAudiA616.jpg

MarcusAudiA617.jpg

MarcusAudiA618.jpg

Thanks for looking... im having a weekend off now :D

Good evening everyone. just spent the best part of 8 hours doing this..

The car was a 2005 Meteorite Grey Aston Martin DB9. The owner had his own zymol set consisting of Concourse, Atlantique, Destiny and Vintage. After a bit of discussion we decided to go with destiny as it has better durability and the DB9 does get used a bit over winter. Also there were a few swirls but we decided to leave them until the summer as they werent too bad.

Products used:

AG PM3 TFR
AG Super Sheen
Zymol HD Cleanse
Zymol Destiny
AG Fast Glass
AG Glass Polish
AG Vinal and Rubber Care
Gliptone Leather Cleaner*
Gliptone Liquid Leather conditioner*
Collinite 476s*
Megs Last Touch*
Megs Quick Clay

Before shots..

PaulsDB9.jpg

PaulsDB91.jpg

PaulsDB92.jpg

So... wheels cleaner with AG Wheel Cleaner. Sprayed, Scrubbed with AG and Megs brushes, Rinsed... repeated 3 times per wheel as they were really dirty!

Then the car was covered in a TFR mix and then rinsed before shampooing with AG shampoo and conditioner... a nice frothy mix again as you can see...

PaulsDB93.jpg

PaulsDB94.jpg

Then onto the Megs Clay with Last Touch which brought up mild dirt on most panels.

PaulsDB95.jpg

Then i actually went onto the interior so i could leave the Liquid Leather on for the maximum time. Vacuumed, Leather wiped with hot damp cloth, Cleaner worked into the leather with nail brush, left for 10-15 mins, wiped off again with hot damp cloth. The fed with the conditioner and left for the duration of the detail.

PaulsDB917.jpg

PaulsDB918.jpg

PaulsDB919.jpg

Right... back to the exterior.

Zymol HD Cleanse applied with a Pre Wax applicator in straight lines with medium - heavy pressure. Wiped off almost straight away (20 seconds or so). I admit this is a really easy product to use.... but.... not sure it gave a finish any better than that of AG SRP and Megs #7 glaze... sure smelt good though!!

PaulsDB96.jpg

Few pics after the HDC

PaulsDB97.jpg

PaulsDB98.jpg

PaulsDB99.jpg

Then the Destiny....

Cant say im into applying by hand still but again... smells amazing!! Applied thinly to a panel, left for a min or two and then removed with a MF cloth.

PaulsDB910.jpg

PaulsDB911.jpg

PaulsDB912.jpg

The owner also wanted the wheels waxing so i used collinite 476s applied zymol style by hand. should protect them as good as any dedicated wheel wax!

Then it was just a case of dressing the arches, tyres, wing mirror surrounds, glass and cleaning the tail pipes... Unfortunately due to the long day and the shortend daylight hours i was restricted to indoor artificialy lit shots. May pop back for some daylight shots though... or just take some when i go back to do his other cars.

After shots..

PaulsDB913.jpg

PaulsDB914.jpg

PaulsDB915.jpg

PaulsDB916.jpg

PaulsDB920.jpg

PaulsDB921.jpg

All in all had a great day with a great car and enjoyed using the zymol products.

Cheers for now.

Nathan

:hubbahubba: wow! very impressive!! if your ever in Wales, give us a shout! :thumbsup:

So i found myself with a free day today and the weather was nice and my car was VERY dirty...

Products used:

AG PM3 TFR
AG Super Sheen
AG Fast Glass
AG Glass Polish
AG Vinal and Rubber Care
AG Super Resin Polish
Meguairs #7 Glaze*
Collinite 476s*
AG Rubber Cleaner No5

So some before shots... (click the thumbnials... thought id keep them small for a change)

Real good strong wash with the PM3 TFR to get rid of all the grime. Dried and then polished with AG Super Resin.

Then treated with the megs #7 glaze before applying 1 coat of collinite 476s (2nd coat will be done tomorrow or saturday)

Tyres dressed.. windows cleaned. I actually treated the leather first thing this morning so gave it a quick wipe over to remove residue..
Final pics, reflections and beading.

MyAudiS315.jpg

Cheers

Nathan

:applaus: They look fantastic mate.

Just out of curiosity how much do you charge for work like that?

for a car of my size it would be £180 for that exact process or £250 if machine polishing is needed before that process.

Work takes about 6-7hrs or 8-10 hrs with machine polishing.

I dont mind doing mine when its warm but 6-10 hours outside in this cold weather with your hand in a cold bucket of water :sob:

Good value for money when you consider the expensive products you use and the time and effort which goes into it. I think you should charge an extra £100 in the winter! lol

Early start today as i knew it was gonna be a big one..

this is what greated me.

PaulsRangeRover.jpg

Products used:

AG PM3 TFR
Megs Quick Clay*
Megs Last Touch*
AG Super Sheen
AG Super Resin Polish
Meguairs #7 Glaze*
Collinite 476s*
Gliptone Leather Cleaner*
AG Fast Glass
AG Glass Polish
AG Vinal and Rubber Care
AG Rubber Cleaner No5

So... loads of time spent on the wheels and arches with the AG wheel cleaner and the TFR. Then soaked the body in TFR and pressure rinsed. Soaked the engine bay with TFR and rinsed. 1hr later and im ready to shampoo the car with AG shampoo and megs wash mit.

PaulsRangeRover5.jpg

Then onto the clay. All the panels came up with dirt as in the picture.. nothing too major though. Also a pic of after the clay

Then it started to rain.... so back into the lovely well equiped garage (i love working here on bad weather days). Applied the Super Resin to every panel.. even the roof... had to use a step lader even with the suspension on low and me being 6'4".

Some pics after the SRP.. i took it back outside as i knew the light was going and these were the best pics i was going to get of it unfortunately... i hate short daylight time.

PaulsRangeRover10.jpg

PaulsRangeRover11.jpg

Then i did the interior. Using a mix of AG Leather cleaner, Gliptone leather cleaner, Gliptone liquid leather depending on the levels of dirt it took about an hour or so. Used my sisters hair drier to keep the interior warm once i had applied the liquid leather.

Back to the body work... Applied the megs #7 glaze with foam applicator...

Then the Collinite 476s. spit shined with Last touch.

All buffed off with MF towels.... 8hrs later it looked like this..

Really annoyed as i forgot my spot lights so the photos look really crap in the low light. Im back there regularly now so will hopefully get some next time.

Thanks for looking.

Nathan

Afternoon everyone...

Did this TT a few days ago now. New to owner who wanted its all ready for winter including the hood cleaning and weather proofing.

SimonsTT1.jpg

Process: Washed with AG products, Hood cleaned and protected with AG products, SRP, Collinite 476s

Few more pics..

This Range Rover was only 4 weeks old and had been superguarded so the owner just wanted it cleaning up.

DanielsRR1.jpg

Process: Washed with AG products, Sprayed with AG auto rinse gloss, Dried, Interior cleaned.

More before and after pics.

Lastly... this Jag XK8 is 2 years old.. also was superguarded at new (what is superguard exactly anyway... a wax?? a sealant?? how long does it last and what should be done to clean, maintain, or rewax??)

DavidsXK81.jpg

Process: Washed with AG products, Sprayed with AG auto rinse gloss, Dried, Interior cleaned.

Before and after pics..

Nothing too ground breaking as you can see... but the auto gloss rinse does a nice job on the cars even though it doesnt last all that long.

cheers

Nathan

I was booked in to do a full detail with paint correction on this Corrado VR6 today. The main reason for calling me was the damage on the bumper seen in the pics below caused by a dog trying to fetch a bottle from under the car!

After claying the car though i checked out the paint and it was in really good condition so instead of machine polishing the whole car i talked it over with the owner and went with SRP to just bring some shine back.

Anyway.. pics and process.

Before

JimsVR6.jpg

Wheels cleaned with AG wheel cleaner, Strong TFR mix for body and pressure rinsed, AG Shampoo, then Clay which brought up some dirt but the owner had clayed it a few months back so there wasnt too much.

Then the bumper...

JimsVR64.jpg

JimsVR65.jpg

Started with 106FF = nothing
power gloss = some but not much
AG 03B = more but still loads left.
AG 03B again = still loads left

So.. i decided to use some 1200 wet and dry paper.

JimsVR66.jpg

Got it down to a level i was happy with although some of the deeper marks were left.

Polished back up with 03B > final finish 106FF

JimsVR67.jpg

So that done... and like i said the car being in good condition it was on with the SRP

And then Megs #7 glaze. The light was good at this point so i took some pics. these are before the collinite but it was still looking pretty good at this point.

JimsVR611.jpg

Then 1 layer of collinite 476s before it was dark.

JimsVR618.jpg

Will be going back tomorrow to apply another layer of 476s, do all the rubber and black plastic, glass and the interior, and will get some pics in better light.

Nice to be working on a corrado again... brought back fond memories of my old one :D

will update tomorrow.

cheers

Nathan

was back finishing the VR6 today.

did the leather with gliptone liquid leather (full leather cleaning write up to come..) and then gave the car another coat of collinite wax. Finished all the glass in and out and conditioned all the black plastic... then stood back and enjoyed... well after taking some pics.

The flash photography doesnt really show these off very well. The seats were in excellent condition but quite dry. The gliptone soon sorted that out though and are now lovely and soft.

Then i had to do the secretarys car..

and rest.............and drink :D

Nathan

jediknight said:
(what is superguard exactly anyway... a wax?? a sealant?? how long does it last and what should be done to clean, maintain, or rewax??)

http://www.supagard.com/
You can buy the paint sealent sponges cheap of ebay, or i believe marmite on this forum had some for sale a while back?

So those of you that are thinking... hey.. hasnt Nathan already posted this car.. well you are forgiven.. because even though i knew it was a different car before i arrived.. it is EXACTLY the same as the owners previous one :lol:

Well not quite exactly. it has blue leather dash and only 40k miles but apart from that its the same... with one other MASSIVE difference... I haddnt detailed this one :D and thankfully... it didnt turn out to be anywhere near as difficult as the previous one!

So when i arrived it wasnt looking very dirty atall (was serviced and washed last week and garaged since)

Mikes911993take3.jpg

Pre wash with AG TFR PM3 mix, wheels cleaned then shampoo'd with AG shampoo and conditioner

Then every panel was clayed with megs quick clay and as it only brought up minimal dirt i didnt take any pics.

Then onto the polishing and had most success with menzerna IP3.01 and 106ff

Rear panel before and after

Offside door before
Mikes911993take312.jpg

Offside door after
Mikes911993take313.jpg

Rear bumper before
Mikes911993take317.jpg

Rear bumper after
Mikes911993take318.jpg

Some action shots :wave:

Then i got lucky and the sun came out :doublesho :D

Mikes911993take327.jpg

Mikes911993take321.jpg

Mikes911993take320.jpg

Then a quick coat of SRP to protect it over night.

Mikes911993take330.jpg

Mikes911993take333.jpg

Mikes911993take334.jpg

DAY 2

Applied the megs #7 glaze and then took this quick pic

Then the rain stopped so it was rolled outside and the collinite 476s was applied panel by panel. Mike couldn't just stand and watch so got stuck in aswell

Tyres and arches dressed, rubber and glass cleaned and then some photos... more photos...

Mikes993take3day24.jpg

Mikes993take3day26.jpg

Mikes993take3day29.jpg

Mikes993take3day211.jpg

And very finally some beading...

Mikes993take3day221.jpg

Mikes993take3day225.jpg

thanks

Nathan

FANTASTIC WORK MATE, ABSOLUTELY ASTONISHING SORRY IF I SPELT IT WRONG, WHEN IT REACHS SUMMER ILL DEFO GIVE U CALL!

i wish i could clean my car that well! :lazy:

i might have a go tomorrow now ive seen all those nice shiney cars!

Dude that is some serious work put in ! Excellent stuff !!

Im hoping top put some hours in myself tommorow!!!

First of 3 cars im doing down in bournemouth this week. A customer was very kind in offering a bed for a few nights.

The owner of this 2005 A4 cab contacted me a few months ago saying there was hologramming. Turns out to be some of the worst swirls i have yet come up against.

Arrived at 9am in the freezing cold. Washed with AG PM3 TFR and then shampoo'd and clayed. Clay brought up quite alot of dirt. Didnt take many pics as i was cold and wanting to crack on with polishing.

Sun started to come out and got these

RodgerA4Cab.jpg

RodgerA4Cab1.jpg

RodgerA4Cab2.jpg

RodgerA4Cab3.jpg

Polished with the rotary with a megs yellow polishing pad and menzerna IP 3.01. This got out about 90-95% of marks. Gave another pass on some test sections which didnt do much else so given the time i had and the fact it was SUCH a vast improvment i showed the owner what was what and decided to carry on with what i was doing.

RodgerA4Cab4.jpg

kind of a 50/50 shot here. back half has been done.. front hasnt.

RodgerA4Cab5.jpg

Finished machine polishing by about 2pm and then SRP and Collinite 476s, dressing, glass etc...

Final shots..

RodgerA4Cab6.jpg

RodgerA4Cab12.jpg

Thanks

tomorrow... a black vauxhal signum with a nasty scratch and some swirls... :rolleyes:

****** ellllllllll....could you give me some tips on getting my car back upto scratch ( excuse the pun )
ie which stuff to use, what this " clay " is all about....i want my car to shine like these ones
ta bud

claying a car is a method to remove embedded dirt that shampooing along will not remove. It also removes wax layers though so not to be done regularly or if you have recently spent hours waxing your car.

If you have swirls they should really be machine polished before you can get a truely amazing shine... the key is all in the prep work and maybe 10-20% of the looks are in the final wax..

..if i went and applied a £1000 wax to a car with scratchs, swirls and haze it wouldnt look great atall.

if you dont want to spend out on having it machine polished by a pro (i wouldnt recommend trying yourself unless you have proacticed before) then try autogly super resin polish by hand. It wont actually remove many of the marks but it does a great job of filling them and hiding them for about 1month for each application. Top off with a good wax to prolong the filling properties of the SRP.

hope that helps

hmm that sounds good. im definatley wanting this car to shine like its never shone before. ive used a polisher before albeit a long time ago so i might give mine a good going over one weekend...thanks for the tips,,,,when i get chance ill do a before and after:racer: :beerchug:

Good Evening.

Arrived at a new customers at 8:30 this morning to give his 4 cars my Regular Valet and to assess what work they may need in the future.

The S4 also had the leather cleaned and fed.

The process for all the cars was as follows.

-Pre wash with AG PM3 applied via my new foam gun (which allows the TFR to dwell for much longer which means more cleaning power).. and rinsed
-Wheels cleaned where needed with AG Wheel Cleaner
-Shampoo with AG Shampoo and Conditioner and rinsed
-Apply AG Autorinse Gloss and rinse
-Clean glass in and out with AG Glass polish
-Dress arches and tyres
-Vac interior and wipe surfaces and apply air freshener.

For the S4...
-Leather cleaned with AG Leather Cleaner
-Fed with Gliptone Liquid Leather

Finished the day at 5pm. Customer very pleased and i'll be returning monthly.

The pics...

2006 Range Rover

2007 Aston Martin Vanquish (300 miles on the clock)

DanielsCars13.jpg

2004 Audi S4 cab (pics dont really show up just how dirty the leather was! Kids + muddy shoes = very dirty silver leather)

DanielsCars29.jpg

2006 Land Rover Defender

Final shot...

Thanks for looking. (sorry its a bit long but no doubt most will enjoy the pics.)

Nathan

Todays detail was on a Porsche Cayman. It was delivered to the customer yesterday at 8am and has done 173 miles. The brief was to give it as much protection as possible. The Porsche dealer quoted about £400 to apply the lifeshine! Bit of a rip off seeing as they would literally wash the car > dry the car > apply lifeshine product with little paint prep or finishing wax etc.

So... my day was as follows

6:30am alarm goes off and im in the van leaving by 7:10am. Arrived at the customers at 8:50 and was greated by this..

PorscheCayman.jpg

Obviously having only done 170 miles it wasnt dirty really. But the paint wasnt really shining. ANyway... pre washed with PM3 TFR though the AB Foam Lance. Shampoo'd with AG Shampoo and Conditioner. Clayed with Sonus Green clay... Then i applied a layer of Super Resin to give the paint a further clean and to give a prefect base for the following layers. It also did a great job of giving a good shine.

Then out with the Lifeshine..

PorscheCayman2.jpg

Bottle A was the paint protection and was applied just like AG Extra Gloss Protection. Left for 15-20 mins and then removed with an MF cloth. This gave a really good finish.. alot like EGP actually.

Bottle B was the interior protection which was sprayed onto all interior carpets and wiped onto the seats via spraying directly onto an MF and wiping onto seats.

Bottle C was the glass protection. Applied and left for 15 mins and removed with a damp cloth.

Bottle D was a screen wash addative.

Anyway.... on with the job.. Next up was some good old Collinite 915 wax. The owner at this point was really appreciating the difference between a clean car and a shiny car.

All dressings applied and ready for some photos... my favorite part :D

PorscheCayman3.jpg

PorscheCayman4.jpg

PorscheCayman13.jpg

PorscheCayman17.jpg

Owner was very very pleased with the results.

Finished by 4:00pm and then helped him clean his other car. Arrived home at 7:00pm

Got a busy March.

got the following cars booked in for full day details.

New Audi TT
Another New Audi TT
Porsche 996 GT3
Porsche 993 GT2
Porsche Boxter
Aston Martin Vanquish
Vauxhall Monaro
Nissan Skyline GTR34

plus a couple of other special ones ;)

thanks

Nathan

This TT had been collected on the 1st and had been driven around a little bit prior to my arrival.

After having a good look around the car (which is really really nice) it was on with the job.

Car soaked with TFR using the AB foam gun.

EricsAudiTT.jpg

Then clayed (even new cars can be dirty), SRP and then out with the EGP. I have used EGP a bit in the past but having moved on to other products it has been put to the back of the shelf. Great product though. A little bit hard to remove (especially on a white car... really hard to see where it is!) but well worth it. and its very durable.

Some arty-ish pics during the EGP stage

EricsAudiTT1.jpg

EricsAudiTT2.jpg

Then i applied some collinite 915, cleaned windows in and out, conditioned leather, dressed the tyres and took some photos :)

EricsAudiTT3.jpg

EricsAudiTT4.jpg

EricsAudiTT9.jpg

EricsAudiTT14.jpg

The white looked stunning once it was finished and came alive when it was in the sun. The owner was very pleasant and watched the WHOLE 7 hr process.

I got quite alot of interest in the carpark (which was full of nice cars... something called a dino... ??? ;) )

One young guy asked for a quote so i washed it and checked over the paint. Will be returning for this car in April but for now just a Regular Valet.

Cheers

Nathan

I didnt bother taking many photos today...... only kidding...:lol:

So as most will know ive had this coming up for a few weeks now. Woke up just before my alarm went off this morning as i was quite excited about it.

Not sure if one of these has been posted on DW before?? Truely amazing car. First thing that hit me was the size of the thing. Its huge. Longer and wider than i was expecting. Then there are the wheels. 20" with 330 width tyres at the rear and 19" with 295 (if i remember correctly) up front and coming in at £8k a piece.

Anyway once i had finished drooling it was on with the job. The owner back it out (what a noise!) and i set about with washing. Pre sprayed with shampoo and rinsed and then shampooed with a washmit and 2 buckets.

It was at this point that the owner told me he had previously had Paul Dalton detail his car and that he had be extremely happy with the work i had done on his boxter (apart from the fact he wasnt keen on the liquid leather smell)... Knowing how good Pauls work is i was quite chuffed with this comment but also knew i had alot to live up to with the CGT...

Once dry it was back into the garage (i drove this time.. being very carefull with the £8k racing clutch). The paint actually felt quite rough so it was treated with sonus green clay and lots of last touch as lube to avoid any maring. This solved the roughness although the clay didnt show many signs of dirt.

PorscheCGT6.jpg

I had already checked the paint last week and knew there werent any defects so it was out with the premium pre wax paint cleanse. This was applied via finishing pad on the rotary at 600 rpm for the larger panels (yes it can be applied via machine with good effect. The smaller panels were treated by hand on an MF pad. Glass and all Carbon Fibre in and out was also treated by hand as were the wheels. Cleansing fluid was removed with a damp MF towel with last touch helping to remove any stubborn residue

PorscheCGT7.jpg

Then on with the premium wax which was 47% carnauba.. applied by hand to everything in and out.

What little fabric there is on the interior was vacuumed and the inside glass cleaned. Wheeled back outside for the tyres to be dressed and for some photos. Wiped down just before i left with a spray wax.

The owner popped back to collect the keys at 5pm and was extremely happy commenting especially on how good the carbon fibre looked once it was all waxed up. I can look forward to a passenger ride in the near future and also possibly a track day. Yet again an absolute pleasure to work in a well equiped garage.

Now for the rest of the photos.

PorscheCGT21.jpg

PorscheCGT29.jpg

PorscheCGT30.jpg

PorscheCGT31.jpg

PorscheCGT32.jpg

PorscheCGT34.jpg

Thanks for looking

Nathan