Quality of ride feels weird ??? Or am I just paranoid

S23

Reaction score
I recently purchased some new wheels I upgraded from 17" to 18 " 3sdm 0.05 they are 8.5j on the front and 9.5j rears I had to also add some 20mm spacers to the tears to stop the wheels from catching , the fronts are not spaced . The first week they seemed fine now it seems a bit shakey and cornering dosent feel right I just can't put my finger on it , it's running standard suspension and got 225/45/18 tyres all round the rears have abit of stretch . My thoughts were should I space the front by 20mm also so its the same as the rears ? Can anyone offer any advice ?
Thanks

Scott

I had this with my old a4 when I spaced the rear ...what I found to do crack the wheel nuts then jack car up the tightened bolts up going opposite nuts so you centre the wheel the let car down of jack and tightens the same way

You sure the spacers are sitting flush to the hub all the way round as have bought some in the past that look like they are but about 1mm off.

I don't think adding spacers to the front would make any difference, why would it?

20mm spacers are pretty wide, I'd guess that's your problem. What make are they?

What size wheel bolts you using plus do they sit in the nut cup ok

The rear bolts are 50mm and go through the spacers and into the hub there not the ones with 10 holes , could that be a problem ? If I got different spacers so it would have standard sized bolts into the spacer and a seperate set into the hub , or does it not make a difference