pregnancy problems

Reaction score
well I dont know if I have shared this on here or not but my wife is now 27 weeks pegnant.

but the reason for this post is that she is now in hospital with preeclampsia.

The doctors put the wind well up us both by saying they may have to deliver the baby very early if my wife doesnt lower her blood pressure and protien is continued to pass into her water sample.

Just felt I needed to do something as I feel totally hopeless and blame myself as we have just come back from America. I knew we shouldn`t have gone on holiday but my wife wanted to. The Doctors say if this was going to happen then it would have happened no matter what but I cant help blaming myself.

looks like ive a few long days ahead of me

Well, good luck mate, like rev said, you can't help these things....its a way of life......

thanks for all the support, just found out I cant go to see her until 1:30 and my bupa health care doesnt cover pregnancy but i knew that was a long shot.

gonna have to do something as time is going real slow.

Good luck hope it all turns out well for you and Mrs Mouse :)

fingermouse said:
thanks for all the support, just found out I cant go to see her until 1:30 and my bupa health care doesnt cover pregnancy but i knew that was a long shot.

gonna have to do something as time is going real slow.

Good luck mate, I know a few who have had been in same boat. Worring wont make things better for either of you, hard to do I know.
National Health is far better that BUPA for all things pregnancy ...just think of the amount of babies that each deliver?!?

well latest is her blood pressure has lowered but they are talking about keeping her in hospital for as long as possible. They are trying to keep mother and child together for another 4 weeks then seperating them.

the wife looks like mr stay puff, biggest ive ever seen her (not that id tell her that lol)

looks like a lot of time in the hospital for us both :( eat, sleep, work, hospital, bed and start again.

fingermouse said:
well latest is her blood pressure has lowered but they are talking about keeping her in hospital for as long as possible. They are trying to keep mother and child together for another 4 weeks then seperating them.

the wife looks like mr stay puff, biggest ive ever seen her (not that id tell her that lol)

looks like a lot of time in the hospital for us both :( eat, sleep, work, hospital, bed and start again.

This id one of the few times you actually have to lie to your missus, when she says how do i look, you look lovely, your glowing etc.

When really you are thinking my god shes gonna explode if she grows anymore lol ha ha

Good luck anyway, preaclampsia is very common, dont worry because the missus will sense it and worry herself!!

best of luck mate. the appliance of science is an amazing thing. hard not to worry - pretty much impossible I'd say, but you just gotta have hope. keep us all posted.

Good luck - just remember your wife is in the best place possible. A little under four weeks ago my wife gave birth to our son and while it was a straightforward birth (epidural followed by foreceps delivery), I still worried constantly about everything even though the care we received was second to none. Perfectly natural for Dads-to-be!

good luck pal. Hope this all works out fine. Im sure it will. Il pray for them.

Hope all goes ok for you and your wife, There is a strong chance of survival of the baby now :)
My fiancee is 34 weeks gone, it's absoulutely flown by.

Simon

Good luck to you and your family fella, I hope that your good lady and the little 'un are making good progress - and yourself too, I hope the stress is subsiding.

On the subject of the medical body looking after you all; I have to stand with the others who are saying you're in good hands with the NHS. More or less everyone I know had a baby between March and May this year (tracing it back, it seems like all my mates were at it like rabbits while I was away for work!) - ALL of them went with the NHS, and none of them can speak highly enough about the care they received - and if that doesn't reassure you, just be thankful it's not down to CityLink to look after the delivery!

Once again, the very best of luck to you and your family, I feel sure you won't need it!

Best regards,

Rob.

The misses had a babe 7 weeks, NHS are superb mate just listen to what they have to say, basically just be there for Mrs FM. As MissViper says you must keep yourself in top condition.

All the best mate. Andy.

ok quick update, on monday we had a scan and the baby was slighty small and the blood flows were not correct so they wanted to deliver her. Slight problem no beds so transfered to kiethley.

Monday night they c sectioned my wife to delivery our baby girl 1lb 8oz.

been there until tonight sleeping on a camp bed alls going well at the momemnt but only time will tell.

thanks for all the good wishes they all help :)

oh and we have named her Freya.

Well done and congrats to you both.... I suspect this is your first, if so welcome to a new world.... Your life and outlook will change - for the better of course. Each day with kids, really is a new one and I wouldn't change it for the world (I have 2).

All the best for the future my man and hope all continues to go well

Congratulations mate, hope all is well with all of you.

Freya - what a beautiful name!

Andy

Congratulations FM ..........all the best for your little girl, you and your wife:beerchug:

ok my wife is home now and Freya is off the ventilator so we are now at second base
:)

will post up some pics when I get 2 mins, will probally start a new thread

:beerchug: Congrats to you both,best wishes with Freya.
My Mrs miscarried at 13 weeks back in July '05 and she was gutted as was i, she kept blaming herself,for no reason really!!! That would have been our first child, then yesterday she gave me the news that she's pregnant:rock: ,early days though, so a massive fingers crossed going on!!!