1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pregnancy problems

fingermouse Sep 29, 2006

1. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

well I dont know if I have shared this on here or not but my wife is now 27 weeks pegnant.

but the reason for this post is that she is now in hospital with preeclampsia.

The doctors put the wind well up us both by saying they may have to deliver the baby very early if my wife doesnt lower her blood pressure and protien is continued to pass into her water sample.

Just felt I needed to do something as I feel totally hopeless and blame myself as we have just come back from America. I knew we shouldn`t have gone on holiday but my wife wanted to. The Doctors say if this was going to happen then it would have happened no matter what but I cant help blaming myself.

looks like ive a few long days ahead of me

2. Rev-head

Rev-head Active Member

3. Olly_K

Olly_K Administrator

Well, good luck mate, like rev said, you can't help these things....its a way of life......

4. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Active Member

As others have said it is one of those things that just happens!

Good luck!

J.

5. Dan Gliballs

Dan Gliballs Active Member

All the best with this chap.

Paul.

6. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

thanks for all the support, just found out I cant go to see her until 1:30 and my bupa health care doesnt cover pregnancy but i knew that was a long shot.

gonna have to do something as time is going real slow.

7. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore Team Floret Silver quattro Audi A3 Black Edition TDi

Good luck FM.

8. silver75

silver75 Big Ron

Good luck hope it all turns out well for you and Mrs Mouse :)

9. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Goodluck mate, Mrs FM is in good hands, It'll be fine for you the missus and the little one. :)

10. S3_MCD

S3_MCD Member

Good luck mate, I know a few who have had been in same boat. Worring wont make things better for either of you, hard to do I know.
    National Health is far better that BUPA for all things pregnancy ...just think of the amount of babies that each deliver?!?

11. Mart

Mart Active Member

Take care, all the best mate

12. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

well latest is her blood pressure has lowered but they are talking about keeping her in hospital for as long as possible. They are trying to keep mother and child together for another 4 weeks then seperating them.

the wife looks like mr stay puff, biggest ive ever seen her (not that id tell her that lol)

looks like a lot of time in the hospital for us both :( eat, sleep, work, hospital, bed and start again.

13. Rob W8

Rob W8 Member

Good luck with this mate. Happened to my wifes cousin. All is well now though and both are healthy!

14. Adams3

Adams3 Member

This id one of the few times you actually have to lie to your missus, when she says how do i look, you look lovely, your glowing etc.

When really you are thinking my god shes gonna explode if she grows anymore lol ha ha

Good luck anyway, preaclampsia is very common, dont worry because the missus will sense it and worry herself!!

15. rickparmar

rickparmar va va voom

good luck mate, hope evrything works out fine :)

16. recomdos

recomdos Active Member

best of luck mate. the appliance of science is an amazing thing. hard not to worry - pretty much impossible I'd say, but you just gotta have hope. keep us all posted.

17. benw123

benw123 Moderator

Good luck - just remember your wife is in the best place possible. A little under four weeks ago my wife gave birth to our son and while it was a straightforward birth (epidural followed by foreceps delivery), I still worried constantly about everything even though the care we received was second to none. Perfectly natural for Dads-to-be!

18. missviper

missviper Member

Good luck and make sure you get some rest yourself.

19. s3shabs

s3shabs Member

good luck pal. Hope this all works out fine. Im sure it will. Il pray for them.

20. Aldo

Aldo Active Member

Hope all goes ok for you and your wife, There is a strong chance of survival of the baby now :)
    My fiancee is 34 weeks gone, it's absoulutely flown by.

Simon

21. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Good luck to you and your family fella, I hope that your good lady and the little 'un are making good progress - and yourself too, I hope the stress is subsiding.

On the subject of the medical body looking after you all; I have to stand with the others who are saying you're in good hands with the NHS. More or less everyone I know had a baby between March and May this year (tracing it back, it seems like all my mates were at it like rabbits while I was away for work!) - ALL of them went with the NHS, and none of them can speak highly enough about the care they received - and if that doesn't reassure you, just be thankful it's not down to CityLink to look after the delivery!

Once again, the very best of luck to you and your family, I feel sure you won't need it!

Best regards,

Rob.

22. Vman

Vman Member

The misses had a babe 7 weeks, NHS are superb mate just listen to what they have to say, basically just be there for Mrs FM. As MissViper says you must keep yourself in top condition.

All the best mate. Andy.

23. neil.c

neil.c Senior

Best wishes, I hope it all goes well

24. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

ok quick update, on monday we had a scan and the baby was slighty small and the blood flows were not correct so they wanted to deliver her. Slight problem no beds so transfered to kiethley.

Monday night they c sectioned my wife to delivery our baby girl 1lb 8oz.

been there until tonight sleeping on a camp bed alls going well at the momemnt but only time will tell.

thanks for all the good wishes they all help :)

oh and we have named her Freya.

25. Defratos

Defratos YouÂ’re Dethpicable!!

Congrats bro, good to see everything's turned out well, hope you enjoy your new found birth (I luv kids) I wish I had one ='(

26. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Congrats mate, hope all is well with the whole family.

27. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore Team Floret Silver quattro Audi A3 Black Edition TDi

Congratulations FM, good luck with Freya, lovely name.

28. hop2407

hop2407 Active Member

Well done and congrats to you both.... I suspect this is your first, if so welcome to a new world.... Your life and outlook will change - for the better of course. Each day with kids, really is a new one and I wouldn't change it for the world (I have 2).

All the best for the future my man and hope all continues to go well

29. silver75

silver75 Big Ron

Congrats mister! :applaus:

30. john2garden

john2garden Gonad

All the very best to all of you.

John

31. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

Lovley name, all the best, enjoy the family life

32. Aldo

Aldo Active Member

Hope all is going well :)

33. Drmatrix

Drmatrix Vorsprung Durch Technik

Congrats dude hope all goes well for you !!

34. Vman

Vman Member

Congratulations mate, hope all is well with all of you.

Freya - what a beautiful name!

Andy

35. Rev-head

Rev-head Active Member

Congratulations FM ..........all the best for your little girl, you and your wife:beerchug:

36. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

ok my wife is home now and Freya is off the ventilator so we are now at second base
    :)

will post up some pics when I get 2 mins, will probally start a new thread

37. Dean@legends

Dean@legends New Member

:beerchug: Congrats to you both,best wishes with Freya.
    My Mrs miscarried at 13 weeks back in July '05 and she was gutted as was i, she kept blaming herself,for no reason really!!! That would have been our first child, then yesterday she gave me the news that she's pregnant:rock: ,early days though, so a massive fingers crossed going on!!!