1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power Steering and Steering Lock

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by S3Sport_Guy, Apr 16, 2010.

1. S3Sport_Guy

S3Sport_Guy Member

Hi all,

Is there any way of changing:

• Power steering server to make steering lighter?
    • Adjusting the steering wheel lock so that it takes less turns to achieve wheel lock?
    Many thanks

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. scottie123

scottie123 (●̮̮̃•̃) (●&#

I believe it is possible to change the lightness of the steering, but I dont think it is possible on yours as you have a s3 sb. It can only be done to older 8ps I believe.

Why would you want to change your steering so it takes less turns to achieve full lock. Surely that would be dangerous at speed, as it would be twitchy as ****?

Unless you mean the steering lock as in have to insert keys to unlock wheel fandango?

#2 scottie123, Apr 16, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  4. S3Sport_Guy

S3Sport_Guy Member

Cheers - im not talking about adjusting the steering lock massively - just noticed on the Audi that it takes more to turns on the steering wheel to turn the wheels compared to my old car - I like the 10 to 2 hand position on the wheel when going around tight corners at speed - cant do it on some corners i know well in the S3:)