1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power Steering and Steering Lock

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by S3Sport_Guy, Apr 16, 2010.

1. S3Sport_Guy

S3Sport_Guy Member

[Apr 16, 2010]
    Hi all,

Is there any way of changing:

• Power steering server to make steering lighter?
    • Adjusting the steering wheel lock so that it takes less turns to achieve wheel lock?
    Many thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. scottie123

scottie123 (●̮̮̃•̃) (●&# VCDS Map User

[Apr 16, 2010]
    I believe it is possible to change the lightness of the steering, but I dont think it is possible on yours as you have a s3 sb. It can only be done to older 8ps I believe.

Why would you want to change your steering so it takes less turns to achieve full lock. Surely that would be dangerous at speed, as it would be twitchy as fook?

Unless you mean the steering lock as in have to insert keys to unlock wheel fandango?
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  4. S3Sport_Guy

S3Sport_Guy Member

[Apr 16, 2010]
    Cheers - im not talking about adjusting the steering lock massively - just noticed on the Audi that it takes more to turns on the steering wheel to turn the wheels compared to my old car - I like the 10 to 2 hand position on the wheel when going around tight corners at speed - cant do it on some corners i know well in the S3:)