power issue

jon1982

diesel dodger
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum so hi to everybody.
This is my first audi A4 which i have owned now for about 2 months, its a 2005 55 plate 2.0 tdi with 40,000 miles and i was very impressed so far until today.
Driving home from work this evening up m1 and felt a sudden lack in power, thought it was just a bit of strong wind to start with at front of car so put foot to floor and absolutely no power there at all, being in outside lane aswell i got a bit concerned!,so managed to get of motorway at next junction.
stop at lights, turned to green and put foot down,car accelerated to 2000 rpm and then nothing and it did this in every gear, so pulled over turned car off 4 a couple of minutes and tried it again, after that the car seems absolutely fine again!
Has any one on here had a problem like this before?
and does anyone know what the problem could be?
Thanks in advance for any replies.

Mine's has currently experienced this, Engine Management light came on, Diagnostics said EGR Valve.

Getting sorted on Monday so I'll keep you updated.

ok thanks, no engine management light on mine though, i,ll see what happens tomorrow.:ermm:

it could just be the car having a moment, was you going up hill witha stong head wind and a heavy car? some times all this can cause the car to over boost and it panics and goes into limp mode, my old mk4 golf did this once while towing a track car on a trailer, up hill doing 60ish and with a stong head wind...keyed off and back on, job done.

best bet is get it scanned with vag com as this will show up any issues.

It might be worth having a look to see if there are any splits in your turbo hoses or if one has come off, this has happened to me before.
It may also be the airflow sensor, its worth taking it off and reconnecting, this sometimes can clear problems.

thanks for advice guys, the cars been running fine today so i,ll just see what happens, gona pop bonnet at weekend and have a good look.

Thanks.

Hi, did you sort out the lack of power on your car. Had the same problem today with my 2.0TDI 05 reg.
Regards.