Post pics of your A3/S3

Hi all new to the forum, my latest project.

Reactions: sirbobalot
I think I went a little ott with the carbon wrap but I think it suits the way the car looks now.

Yer I did, I got it on Saturday, he was a nice bloke but if I'm honest there is a fair bit he didn't mention when he sold it to me, like the bodged dump valve, big boost leak, running rich, misfiring, no ariel, sound system wired poorly, no rear speakers, and lucky for me I'm on good terms with my mot man an he overlooked the fact it failed its emissions test at high idle even with the standard cat put back on. I'm not knocking him at all bcos I would have brought the car anyway, most of the problems are usual faults an teething problems, just would have been nice to have known an I wouldn't have driven back to London like a bat outta hell.

Yer I did, I got it on Saturday, he was a nice bloke but if I'm honest there is a fair bit he didn't mention when he sold it to me, like the bodged dump valve, big boost leak, running rich, misfiring, no ariel, sound system wired poorly, no rear speakers, and lucky for me I'm on good terms with my mot man an he overlooked the fact it failed its emissions test at high idle even with the standard cat put back on. I'm not knocking him at all bcos I would have brought the car anyway, most of the problems are usual faults an teething problems, just would have been nice to have known an I wouldn't have driven back to London like a bat outta hell.

its a funny story as i nearly bought this s3 before he did as we both were watching it on ebay a year ago. well i don't really want to fall out with him or anyone, I know a little what has gone on with this car but I havent spoken to him in a while about it. as with buying second hand cars there is a risk, but if its a project you've decided to take on good luck to you! and hope it all goes well for you.

It's a small world who would have thought. Tbh I wasn't trying to slander anyone just wanted a bit of advice on what was wrong with it an the best way of fixing it, an it's not like matt has ignored me when I've messaged him asking questions related to the car, he has been very helpfull an I'll be staying in contact with him with updates on the car as I go as well as putting pics an so on up on here an seeing as I'm planning on building a 2.2 5 cylinder turbo no doubt I'll need some help along the way.

Been on this forum for a while now but never posted up a picture of the s3, so here goes nothing, its had a few mods along the way, and i also did a detail on it, will hopefully try to make a build thread.

Reactions: Essexman and Pubemammal
Here's my baby only brought it 2 months ago and had a very long list of problem I had to sort out to get it running right. Shame it started chucking it down when I took the photo dosent do it justice.
IMG 20141106 160257133
IMG 20141106 160257133

Reactions: Pubemammal
my 8l

18/9.5 rota alloys ado8 road legal track tyres 20mm front spacers/23mm rears, wietec coilovers ,iws developments 3inch down pipe and de cat ,cat back miltec non resonated exhaust with slash cut tips , badger5 v3 tip, jetex filter, heat sheald, n249 bypass,forge sai blank and more to come

Reactions: VirgoJr and ElzLewis

I really need an exhaust for this!!! Why is there so few available ?

Reactions: Scullies and VirgoJr
Pubemmal love your reems and that front leep! !!!!!

Reactions: Pubemammal

... 20mm front spacers ...
i always wonder how is driving trough the corners (and i mean "real" driving) with that wide spacers infront. Its obviesly you do that because of agressive look of the car, witch is werry nice i admit that but man that wide spacers in the front of car making car undrivable trough the corners. Dont get me wrong mate your car looks absolutly great (i like the rims just in another colour but thats my opinion)

cheers

i always wonder how is driving trough the corners (and i mean "real" driving) with that wide spacers infront. Its obviesly you do that because of agressive look of the car, witch is werry nice i admit that but man that wide spacers in the front of car making car undrivable trough the corners. Dont get me wrong mate your car looks absolutly great (i like the rims just in another colour but thats my opinion)

cheers
In what way would a wider front and rear make it undriveable through corners? in my opinion it makes the car less twitchy and feel planted through the corners.. Only real downside is turning circle which is slightly larger than without spacers.

Just my view from experience.. I am no physicist :p

Reactions: VirgoJr
In what way would a wider front and rear make it undriveable through corners? in my opinion it makes the car less twitchy and feel planted through the corners.. Only real downside is turning circle which is slightly larger than without spacers.

Just my view from experience.. I am no physicist :p
Have you ever heard of Ackerman system - do you know how it works ? well just to let you know if you put spacers in front of car (ackerman system is only infront of car and its basicly geometry of the steering wheel) then you destroy that ackermans system.

@Pubemammal. Does the front tires rub on the fenders?
It is not my car buddy. All I know is I run adaptors/spacers all round and my car is a lot better through corners than when it was stock. Maybe this is to do with it being lower.

As far as the ackermann system is concerned.. surely if both wheels are spaced equally then the system still applies.

As far as the ackermann system is concerned.. surely if both wheels are spaced equally then the system still applies.

my friend if it would be that easy then they would extend racing car simply by delivering spacers but they dont do that - they put extended suspension arms just because of ackermans system because its also important where is the center of the front wheel (viewed from above) now if you put spacers you move that center out ;)

Hi all I'm proberly in the wrong place but I'm thinking of putting black s3 bumpers and side skerts on my 99 a3 as I am going for a black and blue colour scheme I haven't seen any other a3's like this just wanted some input on it before I go ahead and do it.
Robert.

i am sure you aint gonna put side skirt of audi S3 8l on audi A3 because its to much work to do that. You need a lot body work on car to do that and change almost half of a car; you need front wings of S3, bumpers of S3, side skirt of S3, and a lot of work on back side wings to (best option is to change them to or to change atleast down parts of them) - anyway its not worth to do that - think twice befor you start that big project ;)

Reactions: sirbobalot and Pubemammal
Cheers mate really like the way the s3 looks but if its that much work I will just wait until I get a new car then I'll have a look at a s3. But I am intrested in doing the black and blue scheme so might go with a3 bumpers in black thanks for the reply.

thanks for the intrest the spacers sound large but that is because the wheels were spec,d a lower offset then standard so they sat in futher then the spacers were machined to give the perfect offset as it was easyer to do it that way then getting wheels that sat out to far and caught the body work. and as for the way the car handles its great and with the tyres is very hard to get un stuck and i will be using the car on a few track days next year

8Ls in Aus :kissmyrings:

Attachments

• 10811376_335711546616321_524342128_n.jpg
    10811376_335711546616321_524342128_n.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 466