Pirelli p Zero Rosso

RHODIE

Reaction score
Has anyone any experience with these tyres? I have michelin primacy at the moment and hate them.

Can you get the Michelin Pilot Sport for your wheel size? I had the P-Zero Rossos on my RS4 and changed them for Pilot Sports - there was a massive improvement. The forums at the time (RS4.org) also rated the Pilots over the Rossos with only the AVS coming out better (albeit with a much higher wear rate on the AVS).
I run Pilot Sports on the S8 and they are superb in both the wet and dry.

Cheers
Jon

Hey Mutley, how are the Pilots wearing? I've got Conti Sport Contact 2's on my A3 and since the end of March (about 12k miles) I've already had to put the fronts to the back cause they were wearing down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Thanks Mutley,
I'll have a look at the Pilot Sport. I don't like the primacy so want a better tyre. I'll also check out the other pirellis in case the sport isn't available

Decided to go for goodyear F1 so will let you know what I think.

Goodyear f1s

Probably over rubber and over grip, but if there's no wheel spin - the tyre should last longer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

got F1 yesterday - still taking it easy but so far impressed. Seem grippier and much sharper turn in. Will add more as I wear them in.

Mutley, can you tell me more about this heat cycling thing?

Sounds interesting!

[ QUOTE ]
GARTHY said:
Decided to go for goodyear F1 so will let you know what I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, I've just had a pair put on the rear, and I have to say they do feel a lot more grippy thn the toyos so far. Managed to find Wheelgame with a set of 225/45 @ £205 inc vat and fit.

They seem to be a better fit to the alloy as well (only have standard avus). The footprint looks very good as well.

a mate of mine put them on his R32 i think, they seem nice

JesterS3,
It is always better to put the newer and better gripping tyres to the front! Reason: -
1) Better steering response.
2) It is far easier to control the rear of the car IF it should break away! (you're not a hooligan......are you?)
3) The car is better balanced as the front wheels tend to do most of the work.

Lyrac
Why do all the manufacturers say it is best to put new tyres on the back? Not disputing you but just curious.

[ QUOTE ]
GARTHY said:
Lyrac
Why do all the manufacturers say it is best to put new tyres on the back? Not disputing you but just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe that this was in the dark olden days /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif when all cars were RWD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif and now that the front tyres have so much work to do it makes sense to keep the steering stable. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif WHY, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif and unless you are used to LIFT OFF OVERSTEER /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif you could easily be kissing the kerb with those nice new wheels and tyres. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif
Even QUATTRO systems /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif require more to the front with grip for cornering and now because of this you don't arf get a punch in the **** when you nail it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif
What happens is that the car goes into a corner all nice and stable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif using mainly all wheels driving, then you turn in and start to add power it goes to front wheel drive pulling you in tight and controlled, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif and then it goes to rear wheel drive to push /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifyou straight again and then its back to all wheels driving and away you go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif All of that done within milliseconds of each other, DAMN CLEVER EH!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry if i bore you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif all but............

pilot sport for daily use
potenza s03 pp for track use

No problem Drill. Done about 1500 miles so far and looking good. Will let you know how they go on.

F1s holding up very well and exceptional in the wet. They seem to wear quite well also.

Hi Garthy

I loved my set, in fact set 2nd fastest with them in the wet, now I have S03's for daily driving and sometimes use the toyo r888's on the way back from the circuit to clean off the dags...(these are magic but wear quickly).
F1's are good in the dry as well but like all road tyres go away when they get too hot.