Pic Request: Eibach Pro Kit

I'm going for H&R 35mm springs, and B5 perches. I'll stick a picture up once they're fitted so there is a comparison of two different makes.

I've already got the perches, my new Audi sport shocks will be here tomorrow, and hopefully I'll have the springs, arms, and bushes mid week so I can get it all ready to be fitted over the weekend.

I like the sound of this too!

Proper job on, like it jim, lol

Yeah mate, it's gonna be a busy day Saturday if the springs get here. They're due in from H&R Germany on Friday, but could come one working day either side. I have everything else here ready to go, bar the lower arms which I'm picking up tomorrow.

Parts being fitted are:

New drop links all round
New front ARB bushes
New front lower arms that the shocks bolt to (others already done in November)
New front shocks with B5 perches
New front top mounts
New springs all round

If I have time I will put my new 312mm carriers, discs, and pads on too

Reactions: Icarus83
Yeah mate, it's gonna be a busy day Saturday if the springs get here. They're due in from H&R Germany on Friday, but could come one working day either side. I have everything else here ready to go, bar the lower arms which I'm picking up tomorrow.

Parts being fitted are:

New drop links all round
New front ARB bushes
New front top mounts
New springs all round

Your a busy man! Sounds good!!

Parts being fitted are:

New drop links all round
New front ARB bushes
New front top mounts
New springs all round

Thats 1 busy saturday Jim, getting it all in before Unphased lol

Yeah mate, but the alloy refurb will have to wait until next month as I'm broke after ordering all the suspension.

I got home with these at 4pm today, so I only got chance to fit the fronts.

Fitted pics tomorrow

Reactions: barkclark
Yes mate here's a comparison shot of a B6 to B5 perch

I'll stick one up of the rears once I get them on, but I've been told 9-10hrs on the car is enough this week :laugh:

Let us know how the ride is in comparison to standard, I'm undecided as to go with either the H&R or eibach?
:)

I had it aligned this morning so I could test them out. I didn't get too giddy as it will be slightly unbalanced with having the old standard sport suspension on the rear, but I'm more than happy with the H&R's.

There is no noticeable comfort loss, but there is far less roll, dive, and lift.

Now to get a polly bush snub mount for the front, and a pair of new rear shocks, and a rear RS4 ARB so I can fit the rear springs. I only want to be working on the rear suspension once, so I'm holding off fitting the rear springs just yet.

Reactions: ruffrida
Heres mine with eibach pro -30mm and b5 perches on my 3.0 quattro. Also added RS4 rear ARB too. This was on the day of fitting, they did drop a smidge more.

Heres mine with eibach pro -30mm and b5 perches on my 3.0 quattro. Also added RS4 rear ARB too. This was on the day of fitting, they did drop a smidge more.

Liking that, sits as I would like mine to. What size tyres are you running?
Can't be many white B6's about? Not sure I've seen one before.
Mark

What is the ground clearance like with this on these springs? My concern is that I tow a caravan and have a feeling it will be too low and the jockey wheel risks grounding out. Plus, I'm running 17's on 45 tyres.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers for the comments, they're 19 inch alloys on 235 35 19 mitchellin sports. it is alot lower than i was expecting for -42mm ish front and -30mm rear. back in my youthful Vauxhall days if it wasn't -60mm plus then it wasn't even noticeable! it sits perfect in my opinion, no arch gap but not stupidly low. Ground clearence is fine due to the large diameter wheels, again the reason why there is very little arch gap. i think with 17inch wheels ground clearance would be a lot more trouble.

White B6s are very rare, i saved this one from the knackers yard as it has a blown engine when i bought it (two snapped con rods). i have lots of pictures through the whole build, but you guys don't seem to have a owners diary section on here?

Cheers for the comments, they're 19 inch alloys on 235 35 19 mitchellin sports. it is alot lower than i was expecting for -42mm ish front and -30mm rear. back in my youthful Vauxhall days if it wasn't -60mm plus then it wasn't even noticeable! it sits perfect in my opinion, no arch gap but not stupidly low. Ground clearence is fine due to the large diameter wheels, again the reason why there is very little arch gap. i think with 17inch wheels ground clearance would be a lot more trouble.

White B6s are very rare, i saved this one from the knackers yard as it has a blown engine when i bought it (two snapped con rods). i have lots of pictures through the whole build, but you guys don't seem to have a owners diary section on here?

Good info mate. Do you recon the b5 perches lowered it further by 12mm? I've also never seen a white b6 before!

Last edited:
That's what i've been reading, varied quotes of between 12-15mm, not sure anyones actually got a definitive measurement. but thats looks about right in the comparisons

That's what i've been reading, varied quotes of between 12-15mm, not sure anyones actually got a definitive measurement. but thats looks about right in the comparisons

Awesome. I need to get my B5 perches fitted! I'm on standard sport suspension with 18's, 235/40 tyres! Seriously toying with the idea of the Eibach pro kit.

I would say I got closer to 20mm than 12mm from fitting the B5 perches. If you look at the fitted pic of them next to each other I posted above you can see the difference of them much better than in that pic.

Heres mine on standard SE suspension when I got it with 225 45 18s (I think)

then the same wheels with audi sport suspension on the front SE on the rear ( was trying to get rid of the reverse rake)

The same suspension setup then with 235 35 19s

And then with the eibach pro and b5 perches

Reactions: ruffrida and barkclark
Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrghghhhhhhhhhhhhh, so need my springs on, been sat on me kitchen table for over a month, need me b5 perches now aswel!!

Loving the white B6, proper sucker for a white car, me XR2, me Orion and on and on lol

I went out and got some pics of heights for another thread and thought it would benefit anyone doing a search here too

235 35 19 tyres with eibach pro springs and B5 front perches

rear to floor

front to floor