Passenger side tilt and slide motion not working

Shane.

Reaction score
Out and about with some friends the other day and my mates missus tried to move the passenger, she tilted it forward but didn't pull handle up far enough so it wouldn't slide so naturally the dozy bint tried to elbow it forward instead..... So ever since she did that the tilt and slide feature doesn't work atall, it will tilt forward but not slide, if you pull the adjustment handle up under the seat it slides easily on the runners so its nothing trapped in them

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what it mite be? Maybe a bolt of cable has undone or something not really sure how the linkage works

Thanks

mine has done same there is a cable that has a plasic clip type thing mine has snapped really fiddly to get too
another on my list to do job

****** thought that mite be the case, where would I be looking for this clip? The underside presumably so more than likely seat out job?

i peeled the seat cover back at the bottom by the back adustment its located there you can see the cable

but i think the seat needs to come out really

Just founded the problem (fiddly as hell to remove) but yeah as you said it was the black plastic clip that cracked. Was very awkward but cant do it in the car if you jack the seat right up and slide it all the way forward. Just gotta get a replacement now

Last edited:
nightmare i just had another look got cramp thought i was stuck for the afternon gonna take seat out not easy with my salad dodger figure lol

Probably much easier with seat out, I peeled the seat back corner back and unhooked the small material strap, then unclipped the small cable on the seat base which made it easier to pull the black clip out the way and off. Just trying to source replacement clip now