Oil leak 1.9 TDI - EGR

doublem_1

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have an Audi A3 1.9TDI with a PD130 engine. AZS I think. It leaks oil a little bit and I am 99% sure it is coming from the EGR/throttle body. Now I would like to sort this out and whilst searching on eBay I came across this:

VW 1.9 TDI EGR Valve Delete Kit / Race Pipe PD130 PD150 | eBay UK

Its an EGR delete kit. Assuming the oil is leaking because of the gaskets I am sure this would fix it. However, what would happen about the throttle body? And the pipe that connects to it, it has a funny dog collar type connection, not sure how it would fit onto the delete kit.

I have taken a photo of my EGR, you can just about make out the oil underneath it, it's a little messy underneath.

Anyone have any experience on this?

photo.jpg

Yeah, it's a PITA. The clips on the boost hose comes loose, so screw a self tapper in instead... There's a couple of allen bolts under the EGR which you need a long 5mm allen key to get at. THere's sod all room around there and expect the EGR to be very gummed up - Mr Muscle kitchen cleaner works well to clean it up but it takes hours to work. All you need is a new gasket - pennies to buy!

I did an EGR delete / blank and it through an engine management light on my ARL PD150... You have to cut the dog collar bit off the hose and use a jubilee.

If it were me, I'd just replace the gasket and leave as VAG intended. Lots cheaper too...

Ok, I have an egr valve gasket from when I took the throttle body off to clean it but forgot to put it on. I shall need one for between the throttle body and the inlet manifold. What is this that one called though? For when I phone up audi.

Thanks a lot for your help too.