1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Numberplate Light Covers

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Grangey., Jan 1, 2012.

1. Grangey.

Grangey. Member

[Jan 1, 2012]
    Hi all,

I keep meaning to get round to do this but as it appears just like everyone elses- my numberplate light cover screws dont appear to be going anywhere. As its my last day off tomorrow (i know its not a big job though)... I wanted to put the LED bulbs that I purchased in... so I have 2 questions:

If I do half the job tomorrow- ie remove the lenses, is there I high risk of something bad happening (electricals shorting for example) with the bulbs exposed and i drove the car? Im assuming so but thought Id ask

Secondly, how likely is it that my local dealership would actually have these covers in stock- and would they be open tomorrow (being a bank holiday Monday?!)?

Thanks
    Grangey
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 20, 2014]

3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jan 1, 2012]
    From memory the light units will just unclip, and you can tuck them inside the bootlid out the way for a few days and drive about with no number plate lights.

My dealer had them in stock, it's a common thing so I imagine most would..... I'm sure the sales dept. would be open on a Bank Holiday, how well versed and willing to venture into the parts department they'd be would probably vary from dealer to dealer!

Good luck!