1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Numberplate Light Covers

Grangey. Jan 1, 2012

1. Grangey.

Grangey. Member

Hi all,

I keep meaning to get round to do this but as it appears just like everyone elses- my numberplate light cover screws dont appear to be going anywhere. As its my last day off tomorrow (i know its not a big job though)... I wanted to put the LED bulbs that I purchased in... so I have 2 questions:

If I do half the job tomorrow- ie remove the lenses, is there I high risk of something bad happening (electricals shorting for example) with the bulbs exposed and i drove the car? Im assuming so but thought Id ask

Secondly, how likely is it that my local dealership would actually have these covers in stock- and would they be open tomorrow (being a bank holiday Monday?!)?

Thanks
    Grangey

2. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

From memory the light units will just unclip, and you can tuck them inside the bootlid out the way for a few days and drive about with no number plate lights.

My dealer had them in stock, it's a common thing so I imagine most would..... I'm sure the sales dept. would be open on a Bank Holiday, how well versed and willing to venture into the parts department they'd be would probably vary from dealer to dealer!

Good luck!