Not too shabby for only £3.60 delivered.

A4AvantBlackEdition

Reaction score
Took a punt on these from Thailand a couple of months ago. Cost £3.60 delivered on eBay. They never turned up in the time frame given so I contacted the seller and they said they would send me a replacement. I never expected them to arrive. But they just arrived today and I have to say I’m very surprised with how good they are. Just hope they dont burst into flames.

2A98A9D8 D15F 4013 AE13 ADEA40E3B822

Reactions: xpoweruk, THQuattro and Daggerit
I've ordered mine last night but on mine the audi word is bigger, at least that what the pictures show.
The current paddle lights are useless, I had to get on my knees to check if I actually have them. Can their brightness be adjusted in settings?

CB7DAE41 D558 4A8C 8473 C04E34DB09AC

Reactions: happytalk73
Took a punt on these from Thailand a couple of months ago. Cost £3.60 delivered on eBay. They never turned up in the time frame given so I contacted the seller and they said they would send me a replacement. I never expected them to arrive. But they just arrived today and I have to say I’m very surprised with how good they are. Just hope they dont burst into flames.

View attachment 144085

Nice! How do you install these? Simple to do yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've ordered mine last night but on mine the audi word is bigger, at least that what the pictures show.
The current paddle lights are useless, I had to get on my knees to check if I actually have them. Can their brightness be adjusted in settings?

View attachment 144095
The sample pic on mine looked like that. But not as bright or clear when you get it.

Last edited:
Audi on fire

This guy decided his cheap door lights were not such a good deal after all :haha:

Very lucky for them to not say Aldi

Reactions: Mario, Syed Shah and france71
I have been looking at these on Ebay, and there are many sellers. The majority of them do not show the 2017 B9 A4/S4 as a suitable model. In fact one seller stated the item was suitable for all Audis, yet the compatibility chart did not mention one A4. From memory there were only 2 UK sellers who had suitable lights and they were a lot more expensive CREE LED lights eg:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-AUDI-CR...var=491997744528&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

So, what made you buy what you bought?
Are your vehicles B9 A4/S4, because, like s-o-o many members, the vehicle and/or actual model are not displayed?

I have been looking at these on Ebay, and there are many sellers. The majority of them do not show the 2017 B9 A4/S4 as a suitable model. In fact one seller stated the item was suitable for all Audis, yet the compatibility chart did not mention one A4. From memory there were only 2 UK sellers who had suitable lights and they were a lot more expensive CREE LED lights eg:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-AUDI-CREE-LED-PROJECTOR-CAR-DOOR-LIGHTS-SHADOW-PUDDLE-COURTESY-LASER-LOGO/192099654831?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=491997744528&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

So, what made you buy what you bought?
Are your vehicles B9 A4/S4, because, like s-o-o many members, the vehicle and/or actual model are not displayed?
Yeah. B9 a4 avant. I bought this one as it stated it fit my car. The item no longer exists unfortunately though. Mine did come with an adapter cable. Which is probably what makes it compatible or not.

Stick with the Audi supplied versions.They offer fully tested ,guaranteed superior brightness and sharpness that have be approved as certified accessories.Also are top quality and will fit perfectly.
Why spend 30k plus on a car and buy far eastern total tat for £3.60 from the web that could cause a fire in your door panel? Wont last,are total rubbish and could be dangerous in use.

Reactions: Theonenonly and Riko0073
Stick with the Audi supplied versions.They offer fully tested ,guaranteed superior brightness and sharpness that have be approved as certified accessories.Also are top quality and will fit perfectly.
Why spend 30k plus on a car and buy far eastern total tat for £3.60 from the web that could cause a fire in your door panel? Wont last,are total rubbish and could be dangerous in use.
My thoughts exactly, that’s why I bought ‘stupidly expensive’ but top quality and approved OEM led lights for mine, not spending £50k on a car and worrying about something of poorer quality and potential consequences!

If the car did catch light surely the insurance would have an issue...providing there’s something left for them to find?

Each to their own though.

Audi also sell a £40 drinks container. I can buy the same container for less than a tenth of its price. I understand what you’re saying but £80 for lights I can buy for £3.90 is ridiculous. As for the fire, they are switched on for about 5 seconds while I get in and out of the car. I would be amazed if they set on fire and the only reports of them overheating is anecdotal. The fact I drive a £35k car doesn’t automatically mean I have to spend over the odds on everything else.

Reactions: Concerned Cat and happytalk73
I think the point is, if these lights are certified Audi products then they will be ok, however if they are not and just some cheaply made east asian copies then you are running a risk.
At the end of the day the decision is yours though....

I think the point is, if these lights are certified Audi products then they will be ok, however if they are not and just some cheaply made east asian copies then you are running a risk.
At the end of the day the decision is yours though....
The way I see it is, I’m sure most people don’t use Audi certified phone charges in their cars or 12v USB adapters. There’s no difference really.

I don't know as I use the phone box, but you have a valid point. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones I guess...

Reactions: A4AvantBlackEdition
As for the fire, they are switched on for about 5 seconds while I get in and out of the car. I would be amazed if they set on fire and the only reports of them overheating is anecdotal. The fact I drive a £35k car doesn’t automatically mean I have to spend over the odds on everything else.

That's what I thought but it might be a problem if they don't switch off when you close the door. You can test them before you stick them in your door by wiring them up to a transformer and running them for longer period of time. Does anyone know how many volts comes out of that lead?

That's what I thought but it might be a problem if they don't switch off when you close the door. You can test them before you stick them in your door by wiring them up to a transformer and running them for longer period of time. Does anyone know how many volts comes out of that lead?

Surely the power is automatically cut when the door is shut is per original set up of puddle lights?

Reactions: xpoweruk
I can almost guarantee the power will cut when the door is closed. Seems pointless having the lights still lit when the door is closed. It’s 12v

Connecting anything mega cheap from China to your cars power supply is asking for trouble.Sure you can save money but not with electrical components that are complete tat,come on £3,60 delivered. Quite possibly they will melt ,damage your electrical system,catch fire and your ,well in the sh...t.
You can get the originals from Germany Audi for £55 inc postage.
And get the proper effect and save money that way.
Why take the risk? Its behold me.

Connecting anything mega cheap from China to your cars power supply is asking for trouble.Sure you can save money but not with electrical components that are complete tat,come on £3,60 delivered. Quite possibly they will melt ,damage your electrical system,catch fire and your ,well in the sh...t.
You can get the originals from Germany Audi for £55 inc postage.
And get the proper effect and save money that way.
Why take the risk? Its behold me.
I’ve had a cheap Chinese dash cam connected to my car for four years. And I haven’t burst into flames yet.

I think what a lot of people fail to realise is just how cheap components are and just how basic these puddle lights are. It’s literally an led bulb reflecting through a small glass lens. It’s really not complicated. Components like these are cheap as chips and postage from **** is also incredibly cheap. It doesn’t necessarily mean they are a fire risk or poor quality. In actually fact I was very surprised with the quality of them. I’m pretty sure your Audi contains components manufactured in China.

Everyone knows car manufacturers charge ridiculously over the odds for things like Sat Nav and reversing cameras and they do it because they know they can. But I can all but guarantee you that the Audi puddle lights you buy from Audi cost peanuts to manufacture and are probably full of components made in China.

If I though for one second there was a risk of these cheap 12v led lights catching fire I wouldn’t have put them in my car. But that’s not going to happen.

I’ve had a cheap Chinese dash cam connected to my car for four years. And I haven’t burst into flames yet.

I think what a lot of people fail to realise is just how cheap components are and just how basic these puddle lights are. It’s literally an led bulb reflecting through a small glass lens. It’s really not complicated. Components like these are cheap as chips and postage from **** is also incredibly cheap. It doesn’t necessarily mean they are a fire risk or poor quality. In actually fact I was very surprised with the quality of them. I’m pretty sure your Audi contains components manufactured in China.

Everyone knows car manufacturers charge ridiculously over the odds for things like Sat Nav and reversing cameras and they do it because they know they can. But I can all but guarantee you that the Audi puddle lights you buy from Audi cost peanuts to manufacture and are probably full of components made in China.

If I though for one second there was a risk of these cheap 12v led lights catching fire I wouldn’t have put them in my car. But that’s not going to happen.
The dl382 gearbox is made in china but obviously to a higher, you'd hope, standard than your average east asian sweatshop who probably employ children on a pittance, and often under dangerous conditions, to chuck out these lights. Of course nobody thinks about how they are manufactured, and by whom, just concerned about the cost.
Any company who does have componants, or cars, manufactured in china has to adhere to certain standards, unlike the chinese themselves, who are literally throwing out cheap replica's at a cutdown price thus putting other companies, and perhaps the purchaser, at risk. I am thinking batteries, chargers, more or less everything that is replicated comes from china, even copies of cars...
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/87772/chinese-copycat-cars
http://uk.businessinsider.com/things-that-china-copied-from-the-world-2016-5?r=US&IR=T
I just thought I'd throw this in however it is not meant to be a critism of anyone who purchases these goods, just some food for thought...

Last edited:
Reactions: Bellasdad and happytalk73
Most products come out of the same factories, whether its £200 Amani jeans or £15 unbranded they are all made by same factory in Turkey, Waitrose fruitcake comes from same factory as Tesco ones maybe with 5 extra raisins. Iphone is a rebranded Samsung with the huge number of Samsung components they use. These cheaps lights are probably made by the same factory as Audi ones. Audi probably buys them fo 50 pence and adds an £80 markup.

The genuine Audi led lights are pretty expensive although you can snap them up cheaper on eBay sometimes.

The one thing they have over the cheaper ones are the brightness and definition, this was taken while it was still light...

99992A04 DF65 4E95 8C37 73BEF6B0F804

The genuine Audi led lights are pretty expensive although you can snap them up cheaper on eBay sometimes.

The one thing they have over the cheaper ones are the brightness and definition, this was taken while it was still light...

View attachment 144705
Think it's been mentioned quite a few times on here that the non OEM lights are not to the required standard, and the extra money is money well spent.

The lights I ordered finally arrived from Hong Kong after 2 weeks. I was well impressed with the packaging, I was expecting them to arrive loosely packed into a jiffy bag but no, they came in a box which can rival some cheaper perfune, the cardboard had a pattern pressed into it and no swelling mistakes . The lights were sealed in static protective bag. I didn't expect them to look exactly as advertised but they did, the housing made from cast metal. They came with no leads but they plugged in directly with no modifications. Unfortunately not bright enough to see them during the day like the original ones posted earlier in the thread so had to wait till darkness fell. Very impressed with the light that they give off. Image as sharp as you can ask for. Overall very impressed with them especially that only paid £6.99 instead of 10x that for original audi ones. Already ordered 2 more for the back doors however the price has gone up to £7.99 from the same seller.
Here are pictures of the actual ones I have fitted, not the pictures from the listing

0E068E72 EFD9 4B4D 84C6 F4BA865693CA
C4085F59 C90A 4DB8 A7BE 7CE308234E8F

Reactions: Concerned Cat and Happy Grumpz
I think what most people on here seem to be missing is that it's irrelevant where they come from, they just look shyte.

Reactions: phope74
MOA4B9, they look the Mutt's Nuts! Do you have a link please?