1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No ESP on 1.8QTS

Bong Water Jun 22, 2008

1. Bong Water

Bong Water In two minds

Anyone know why this is? Most other 1.8T based cars have it so why not the A4 1.8TQS

2. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I have a 1.8TQ and I don't have it either so I think it was an optional extra.

3. PaulJC84

PaulJC84 Owner

Probably as it was not really needed. 180bhp would struggle to trouble the quattro.

4. Bong Water

Bong Water In two minds

Yeah get you mean, it is on my mates Leon which is a 1.8T and 180BHP as standard but probably because of the FWD

5. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

Why would you want it? It's just another driver aid to turn of before setting off.

6. Bong Water

Bong Water In two minds

lol I dont, was just curios as most other 1.8T's have it

7. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Doesnt it also act on the braking, as a more intelligent version of the ABS system?

8. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

you have ABS for braking,
    ESP only acts on braking to right any wrongs you have just commited as you slide sideways to that bus stop.
    personally i hate it, turn it off on my Golf, sure it is great if you hit black ice on a motorway and can't react quick enough, but I actually like sliding teh back end of my tqs so I would hate to have some computer telling me I can't!