New to the sight Building an older A3

Albanator1979

Reaction score
First off let me say hello, I am Joseph 30 y/o From the States, Currently in Germany. I picked up a 2001 A3 1.8L quattro. I am picking up where someone left off. a Guy in the army that was leaving sold it to me with a few parts not on yet and I cleaned her up new plugs and oil and all. It had the the audi-sport.net sticker on it already +5 horse power off the batt! Kidding I took it off the window already not afan of the sticker thing. But that is how i found this sight. I checked under the hood, did a dyno run to see where it was at (224 ps) and had it on the lift. So far i see it has the S3 exhaust, H&R springs, BBS rims wraped with BF goodies, ECS Tunning pullys, Turbo Dynamics dump valve and turbo inlet pipe (From the MAF to the turbo). I have had the car for a week now, and have found a new love. :ermm:as long as the wife doesn't take her form me first. I am comming from a Front wheel drive car. 2000 Celica with a 3zz swap and a list of mods that ranges into the $??,000 mark. I look forward to learning more about this car and hope some of you will lend some helpme on the way. thank you

Hello Joseph
Sounds like a well specced A3

yes doing well thank you. what kind of power are people getting from the 1.8T? I am thinking about a remap or a full stand alone Apexi (Audi equiv). I am also looking for head lights. can anyone recomend a sight to look for parts? I have seen a few people qutoe 260 for power to the ground out of the 1.8T. what all mods/map are people running? sorry for the questions, but just trying to get a base on things to look for on the sight,along with doing my own research on things to make better. IU have a few people that flow bench parts and thinking I want to get my hand on the stock manifold to port out and see what gains if any are there. I have noticed a few people saying that there is bogging under WOT. anyone find an answer to that? I have tried the MAF and nothing, I am going to do the retro fit form a S3 with the k04 turbo and see if that is the a fix. Anyone in the germany area?

Hiya Joseph, welcome to the site. Nice car with some nice goodies on it. You seem to know what you are talkng about! Might be worth asking a question in the A3 part of the forum, the guys there will help. Good luck with the moddin!

Any pics??

Thank you Sarah, as for the pics I am still working on that. Still learning my way around the sight fig I would stop in here first. As for the A3 part thanks for the info. Will deff go by there in a few once I learn the how to's of the sight. I will post pics of the old car and the current project.