(New member) Sepang S3 Sportback + APR stg 1.

D1309

Reaction score
Hi there!

Been loitering around this forum for a while now and figured i might aswel introduce myself :)

Here is a little pic of the S3. It has just got an APR stage 1 tune put on it.

According to the Dyno Giraffe, its currently @ 362BHP and 426lb/ft :)

2gx0cxi.jpg

Reactions: Simon L, DH81, Scottyg and 7 others
Thanks! S-Tronic so clutches should be fine :).

Also just thought, the APR stickers have came off. Changed my mind about them :p

Reactions: cpc_s3
Car looks fab !!!

That's a monsterous amount of torque - 50% increase !

how much did that set you back for the remap?

Are you tempted to add the TCU remap too ?

@D1309 welcome to audi-sport.net. Enjoy the car and the forum :)

Reactions: D1309
Power!! :p

I think the stickers look good. Go well with the colour.

Nooooooooo. People on here keep harping on about the S3's competitors looking chavvy. For Gods sake, don't start plastering stickers everywhere.

Reactions: steeve and Gazjs
426 lb ft how is this possible? How can the DSG clutch handle this power?

I thought that, so I got on the phone to APR and asked them about it. They assured me that the DSG can handle it okay and not to worry.

As for the extra 110lb lol, I asked about that as it is 45lb more than they say it remaps to. Was told that there has been a couple of cars they have mapped that have had larger figures than expected and that its just down to variance in different cars...

Lucky me I suppose, Just hope it doesn't tear the clutches/tires off too much. Can defiantly tell its had a big torque increase tho.

Reactions: pburv
Heres the Dyno Giraffe for it before and after.

25fhhlc.jpg

Reactions: Rob2k68
I thought that, so I got on the phone to APR and asked them about it. They assured me that the DSG can handle it okay and not to worry.

As for the extra 110lb lol, I asked about that as it is 45lb more than they say it remaps to. Was told that there has been a couple of cars they have mapped that have had larger figures than expected and that its just down to variance in different cars...

Lucky me I suppose, Just hope it doesn't tear the clutches/tires off too much. Can defiantly tell its had a big torque increase tho.
What is it like on fuel?
Is there a big drop in mpg?
I would consider doing this but being as the car is on pcp I am not sure it's worth spending when I know I will be handing in the car in two-three years time....:friends:

Reactions: Jassyo06
What is it like on fuel?
I would consider doing this but being as the car is on pcp I am not sure it's worth spending when I know I will be handing in the car in two-three years time....:friends:
If you had the car for 3 years,it will only cost £200 per year if the remap is £600

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
2-3 years is a long time imagine all the extra smiles that remap can give you but as usual be aware of warranty issues

It seriously transforms the car - I can of course only speak from experience about the Revo map but figures are similar - but it's how the S car should be from the factory much more fun and involving. I would have chopped mine in 6 months ago if I hadn't mapped it.

Reactions: Simon L
Does somebody know why APR is going with Stage 2 only up to 380 hp and Revo is going to 400-415 hp ?

Revo Stage 1 plus an intake should be close to 380 then adding the downpipe removes a flow restriction that the stage 2 software takes full advantage of to hit 400+ horses. They recommend an intercooler too but it's not always necessary or can be added later.

Don't APR state high and low maps dependant on fuel - are those the low output figures ?

It seriously transforms the car - I can of course only speak from experience about the Revo map but figures are similar - but it's how the S car should be from the factory much more fun and involving. I would have chopped mine in 6 months ago if I hadn't mapped it.

I can't honestly say there has been a single day I've driven my car and said 'you know what 300hp just ain't enough for me'.

Having said that, torque on the other hand..........................well, who doesn't want a bit more torque in their life!! lol I take it revo and apr are similarly priced Rob? (I know there's been a million threads but can't be ***** to search this time!)

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and Rob2k68
I can't honestly say there has been a single day I've driven my car and said 'you know what 300hp just ain't enough for me'.

Having said that, torque on the other hand..........................well, who doesn't want a bit more torque in their life!! lol I take it revo and apr are similarly priced Rob? (I know there's been a million threads but can't be ***** to search this time!)

Yes mate I think with the various offers on they're within £50 of each other so proximity to dealers becomes a factor.

You're right 300bho is not to be sniffed at but the power delivery is pretty linear and for me it was just lacking that extra bit of fizz and fun factor but as an ex biker I'm used to some pretty savage acceleration. Best way to describe it is with the 09 Civic Type R I had once you get that wound up the VTEC kicks in and it starts to really pull and you start to smile - and that's 100bhp down but it just gets you. The remap brings back that grin factor even just pottering round town it makes the car a proper wolf in sheeps clothing any time any gear it's just ready to pounce.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
Yes mate I think with the various offers on they're within £50 of each other so proximity to dealers becomes a factor.

You're right 300bho is not to be sniffed at but the power delivery is pretty linear and for me it was just lacking that extra bit of fizz and fun factor but as an ex biker I'm used to some pretty savage acceleration. Best way to describe it is with the 09 Civic Type R I had once you get that wound up the VTEC kicks in and it starts to really pull and you start to smile - and that's 100bhp down but it just gets you. The remap brings back that grin factor even just pottering round town it makes the car a proper wolf in sheeps clothing any time any gear it's just ready to pounce.

Now you stop right there young man, it was just a casual enquiry...................this hard-sell malarky will end in tears.....................mine!! lol

Reactions: S3 Turbo, D1309, sjbarneS3 and 2 others
Now you stop right there young man, it was just a casual enquiry...................this hard-sell malarky will end in tears.....................mine!! lol
Dollar-Bills.gif

Reactions: sjbarneS3, Simon L and Rob2k68
What is it like on fuel?

I haven't noticed a difference on fuel really. if you decide to boot it about for a few mile then its a bit worse.
But overall driving iv not noticed a difference as the rest of the time your just driving normally and the extra torque makes up for it.

If your thinking about getting it done, just don't think... Go get it done :)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
I haven't noticed a difference on fuel really. if you decide to boot it about for a few mile then its a bit worse.
But overall driving iv not noticed a difference as the rest of the time your just driving normally and the extra torque makes up for it.

If your thinking about getting it done, just don't think... Go get it done :)
Cheers buddie..Might have to persuade the missus...Will have to work out the 'man maths'..lol:friends:

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68
Cheers buddie..Might have to persuade the missus...Will have to work out the 'man maths'..lol:friends:

The remap fairies came to me and it went through the company account as software !

Reactions: S3 Turbo and pburv
The remap fairies came to me and it went through the company account as software !
tumblr_mp399an9ke1rj6zu0o1_500.gif
She doesn't read your posts does she?..or the accountant...lol

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Simon L and Rob2k68
tumblr_mp399an9ke1rj6zu0o1_500.gif
She doesn't read your posts does she?..or the accountant...lol

Haha hope not - or the accountant! Hoping the intake fairy will come soon then the camera fairy .....

Haha hope not - or the accountant! Hoping the intake fairy will come soon then the camera fairy .....
That's a lot of fairy's coming your way...lol
link-hates-fairies-o.gif

So how much does your insurance rise by?

Being in the VTEC zone was a giggle to say the least...loved that engine,but l dont love the S3 enough to get a remap..its too much hard work driving this car fast...STOCK.maybe if l where a octopus...and had suckers on me ****...l would but.....no its rented and not a keeper, waste of my hard earned dosh...Age brings wisdom..l think further ahead than remaps...dont mean to offend anyone on here but l just think the S3 is far too normal of a car to get it remapped

Believe me... You cannot compare a stock S3 to a mapped S3. Completely different car. It like having bought a new car.

Reactions: Steph67 and Rob2k68