New exhaust and clutch :D

matt.russell

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Got my clutch and exhaust done by darkside developments yesterday!

Exhaust ste sounds great and clutch is sooooooo muck better however they have ****ed up some where and managed to bring the eps light on and the tpms.. They said it might go off after you drive home well 250miles later and it's still on! I haven't tried it again yet so maybe my car has fixed it self over night if not then I guess I will have to take it to the garage..

Darkside said they spent about 3 hours playing with the diagnostics kit and they can't find anything wrong and my car runs fine so..

That's poor can't believe they let you take it away with the lights on they should have sorted that out for you, you got any pics of new pipe? Or a vid? Mines going in today for new clutch and flywheel.

Yeah I needed to take it tho.. But to be fair they said if it's something they have done then they will pay the fees but we will see this morning.

But I will get pics and videos up by the weekend :D straight through :) love the sound on the motorway :D

Hope you get your car back with no problems!

Oh well that's fare enough then, gotta be straight through lol couldn't have it any other way, oh yeah and they sound better after 1k miles they get a bit louder and sound more throaty you will love it then, I purposely went on loads of long trips to get mine bedded in, loved after then. Think I'm gunna get them to do a dpf delete and stage 2 map while mines in for a bit more sound.

Yeah..
Well I was having a chat with the guy there with a 3.0tdi and he said without silencers and the dpf it sounds horrible so you might need to put some silencers on there!

But I've driven it 250miles so far so it should be bedded in by now lol

It took almost 1000 miles for mine to bed in I think, I've got 87mm quad pipes on mine, have you gon for twin pipe? What size, style rolled or milltek style?

I've gone for custom exhaust dpf back system .. 2.5" dual pipes.. Will get some pics up tonight and video tomorrow!

Clutch feels a lot better any way!!!

Few pics of the exhaust can't see it amazingly but I will get better ones soon!

ImageImage

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 185
Reactions: SI-W85
Cheers buddy..

Nah they are still on! Darkside think it could be something to do with the steering Rack is in the wrong place or something!

Has yours gone in today?

Something came up so its going tommorow instead, oh that doesn't sound good are they going to sort it for you?

Arh that's rubbish.

Well that's the thing it's 250miles away and they have said if I take it to a garage and they find the problem and the problem was darksides fault then they will pay but they are being really helpful they sent me an email asking if the light had gone off and if not then try and find the fault code and they will find out what's wrong...

Tbh I think I might get the guy that mapped my car to flash the ecu and then re-upload the remap. Maybe that will get rid of the light!

Soon as I get it fixed tho I can start to think about other mods!

right then the video i said i would get up.. Not going to lie but it sounds rubbish on video (because of the wind) but in person omg its nice ! will get better one soon as.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SI-W85
Sounds good from what I can hear pal. Well they have got my gearbox out today and said it isn't the first clutch it's had :/ as there is an arm of some description that isn't genuine not sure what it is but it also needs replacing so that isn't very good of a car with 50k on the clock.

Yeah it's not the best video but I will get a good one when my mate has a day off so he can film :D

Where you getting the clutch done? And are you having an upgraded plate or going standard ?

It's getting done at Awsome GTI in Manchester, I was going to have a upgraded clutch plate but ended up with a standard one as I have replaced flywheel and the standard clutch came as part of it so it would have gone to waste I will upgrade clutch next time if it needs doing while I still own the car.

Does anyone else's car sound really quite some times but then all of a sudden some days it's loud as a petrol???

Yes funny your should say that as 2 or 3 days a go my car sounded awsome at a certain rev range but then the next day sounded really quiet and has done ever since so I was on about about this to a couple of my mates and we came to the conclusion that it has something to do with air pressure and temperature and humidity maybe a mixture of them all. But yes you are not alone lol

Sounds good from what I can hear pal. Well they have got my gearbox out today and said it isn't the first clutch it's had :/ as there is an arm of some description that isn't genuine not sure what it is but it also needs replacing so that isn't very good of a car with 50k on the clock.

How many miles on the clock when you bought it and was there any service history?