1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new clutch going in

jay22s3 Nov 10, 2013

1. jay22s3

jay22s3 2nd gear sorts em out

having my new clutch in tomorrow cant wait having a six paddle ceramic one in, it was an in house make from c&g motorsport just hope i can get it there in the morning as its totally goosed now have to put it in gear before i start it !

2. cooper86

cooper86 Member

Keep us posted on this as i have bought a 6 paddle clutch from them. Wat cover plate u using an are u staying dmf or going single?

3. jay22s3

Will do mate ,c&g supplied the cover plate with the clutch staying DMF as been advised that way

4. limbo118118

limbo118118 LORD

iv been looking on there site, think im going with the single mass flywheel and 6 paddle clutch setup :) keep us posted tho pal!

5. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

Thats not a clutch plate issue, if you cannot put it into gear...

6. jay22s3

the concentric cylinder has failed

7. jay22s3

well i dropped my car off on monday morning for the new clutch in and its now thursday afternoon and i still haven't got my fookin car back there having trouble bleeding the clutch im loosing patience now

8. s3dave

Ho dear, it is good practice to prime the slave , but i guess they will know that?

9. Gizmo20VT

Gizmo20VT Active Member

I just replaced my Slave cylinder, took a syringe and vacuum hose, opened the nipple on the slave cylinder and bleed the system from the bottom, 10 minutes and I was done.

This is exactly what I did and worked like a bomb :D

BMW, VW, Porsche Clutch Bleeding - YouTube

s3dave likes this.
  10. jay22s3

well got me car back yesterday with the new clutch in and it is different quite unusual to drive very bitey but i was told it would be different from stock just getting a bit of judder some times not sure if this is normal with an after market clutch but once its going its spot on I'm sure i will get used to it soon ;)

11. s3dave

hmmm would you say its not traffic friendly then? and are your engine mounts ok?

12. jay22s3

Traffic friendly not really but maybe get better the more I drive it as for the engine mounts my car is a 1999 so would probably benefit from being poly bushed but can't afford it at the mo so will just have to put up with it . The clutch in with new flywheel and everything else has just cost me shy of £800 bummer this time of year just before Christmas :(