New back box 'n' Exhaust

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
Hey fellas, ok well after a year of living with me loud *** power flow exhaust I've finally had enough and gone and changed it to a single box and single outlet (as opposed to the twin I had before). As some of you may remember I changed my mid section last month with a slightly larger box running 2 1/4" pipework back to the back box and then changed to 2" pipework (helping with the flow). Performance and sound wise I feel it much much much better than the power flow, I can actually hold the rpms at 4000 without any silly droning noises, and I can down shift with ease and not having to worry about everyone thinking I'm a loon. any how's enjoy the pics and let me know what you think, personally I prefer this single outlet over the four but lemmi know what u guys think.
Big thanks to Maz and the guys at MIJ http://www.mijperformance.com/, once again a perfect service and great bunch of guys :beerchug:, going back there soon for the final upgrade (D/P & single sport cat) should be nice.

Before:
pic2.jpg

Pic4.jpg

Check out the crappy welds :keule:

After:
Pic3.jpg

You can make out the pipe work reducing from 2.25" to 2"

Gotta luv the clean look
pic11.jpg

You can also visit my site for more info: http://00626e1.netsolhost.com/formoshun/s3/Exhaust.htm

BTW: I'm sourcing a new bumper soon, so an oem S3 one, with maybe a slight mod.

Hi Defratos I like the new exhaust looks loads better than the old one in my opinion.:yes:

By the way I have a spare rear bumper that I was going to put on ebay, its silver so you would have to get it resprayed. Make me an offer if your interested.

S3Steve said:
Hi Defratos I like the new exhaust looks loads better than the old one in my opinion.:yes:

By the way I have a spare rear bumper that I was going to put on ebay, its silver so you would have to get it resprayed. Make me an offer if your interested.

Hey there Steve, thanks for the offer, but I'd rather just get a new one so I don't have the hassel of taking the old paint off, but thanks again :beerchug:

No worries mate, I was gonna do that too, spoke to audi and found out they are £240. I managed to get one off ebay for £130 and it cost me £140 to get it painted.

Defo prefer the new exhaust, looks loads better. Ive always liked the letterbox look on exhausts.

Slightly OT but where did get your rear wiper arm from? I have got aero blades on the front of mine but need to get the rear sorted as it is still standard.

Aaron

Me too, always had letter box exits on all my old cars but with the S3 i've been a bit scared to change the exhaust. I like the sound of it at the moment and don't want it any louder really, got to be done though as the centre section is getting a bit rusty and i just love the look with that letter box exit! :blackrs4:

amoani said:
Defo prefer the new exhaust, looks loads better. Ive always liked the letterbox look on exhausts.

Slightly OT but where did get your rear wiper arm from? I have got aero blades on the front of mine but need to get the rear sorted as it is still standard.

Aaron

Hey there mate, glad you like the exhaust. The rear wiper is a polo rear wiper from www.vagparts.com, Part #: 6Q6998425. Hope this helps.

Not my cup of tea, personally. But it looks a lot better than the quad outlet. Lol, now stop messing around and get yourself a remap Defratos!

ChriS3 said:
Not my cup of tea, personally. But it looks a lot better than the quad outlet. Lol, now stop messing around and get yourself a remap Defratos!

LOL I was wondering what you'd make of it Chris, and I just knew you'll tell me to remap :nunu: just need to sort out the dp and single cat then hopefully I should be good to go:thumbsup: , gimmi 1 1/2 months or so. Glad to see u like it over the quads :beerchug:

DPM said:
Looks spot on! Exactly what i'm after... I love the letter box exit but can't find anyone that does it!

Try AAS in Newcastle mate, very good quality stuff.

Unit 19 Mercia Way, Bells Close Ind Est, Newcastle, NE15 6UF

0191 2673718

Defratos said:
LOL I was wondering what you'd make of it Chris, and I just knew you'll tell me to remap :nunu: just need to sort out the dp and single cat then hopefully I should be good to go:thumbsup: , gimmi 1 1/2 months or so. Glad to see u like it over the quads :beerchug:

The quality and fit look excellent. There's nothing worse than a squint letterbox. Not my cup of tea but I can see the appeal. I prefer the OEM+ look, hence the twin 90's :)

chris3015.jpg

Im liking it mate, different as most A3'S/S3'S have twins nice to see a letterbox style,

I have a full miltek on my A3 T Sport is it possible to change the backbox or is it not recommended?

Jason

really does look lovely mate, great choise! but whats gonna happen to the other exhaust whole on the right of the bumper? any plans mate?

Herby1 said:
really does look lovely mate, great choise! but whats gonna happen to the other exhaust whole on the right of the bumper? any plans mate?

Already have the plastic insert for the S3 rear bumper. Getting the whole bumper unpainted tomorrow and hopefully should be fitting it sometime soon (maybe next month lol).

Jason_letts said:
Im liking it mate, different as most A3'S/S3'S have twins nice to see a letterbox style,

I have a full miltek on my A3 T Sport is it possible to change the backbox or is it not recommended?

Jason

I would have though you should be able to weld a new tailpipe on, but to be honest I'm not sure if it's recommended. Someone on here will probably be able to answers better

buckas said:
looks lovely matey, nice choice :)

is there a sports exhaust availible which i could still keep tucked in behind the bumper? (i.e. no need for cutting holes in my plastic valance) :sm4:

cheers

drew

Not sure about this one, but if you're interested I'll have a S3 rear bumper for sale with the two hole cut outs if anyone wants :shrug: