New A4 aero wiper kit

I'm up for retrofitting these too. However, I have heard a rumour that the arms and blades supplied from VAGparts aren't OEM and that can cause problems in later life should VAGparts ever cease trading.

This is probably bull, but like yourself I'm interested to know if anyone has fitted the kit and had any drama. :hi:

I retrofitted them to my 2002 B6. Much better than the standard wipers.

The parts are definitely OEM. They come sealed in the original audi packaging with all of the stickers indentifying the part numbers etc. Exactly the same as the OEM stuff on my new B7.

I have them on my B5, and as stated they came boxed/packed as audi parts. They are well worth the extra money IMHO

can anybody be nice and post some pics on non-aero wipers and aero wipers, just to see the difference? I would like to see if the conversion is worth-while

I also did the conversion and they're oem. The wipers work better than the "old" ones, and they are also quieter(the old ones used to "thump" when changing direction as the rubber flicks over). Just don't use rain-x with the aero wipers though, they don't like it.

This is from my old A3:
Before
FWBefore.jpg

After
FWAfter.jpg

And Rear
RearBeforeAfter.jpg

Fitting is simple and to be honest they work a lot better at higher speeds (50+) but at lover speeds they didn't really work any better than originals

Maybe a few could get together to get a discount on a group buy?Ive been thinking about these for some time now.

Ive just phoned VAG parts and they said if we can get 20 sets,all cars welcome they can do around 18% off their shop price.So who's in.

All would be delivered to one address and we would need to ship them out between us.Im going to put a thread in the group buy section for interested people.

I'd be up for a group buy deffo for these as with winter coming up :)

Although i'm only new here, i would still definately be up for this for my A3, if thats ok?

Is anyone going to set this up? If its posted on the group buy forum we can get 20 people no probs...

I've just rung my stealer to check their price, after I read somewhere on here that someone had bought them for less than VagParts. No chance!

Arms are £26 each, +VAT, blades are £13 + VAT. So the total price for the full set would be £92.

I think I'd be up for a discounted GB from VagParts.

james0808 said:
******,seems like i cant do that.Can someone do that for us?

Are we allowed to post in that forum?
Deffo up for doing this still, the wipers at the moment are doing my head in with the thud the do as the wiper blade changes direction :mad: :p

I can reply to a post but not start one.We need someone to start it then we can put our names on it to get this GB sorted.

Have PM'd Olly to see if a thread can be starterd :)

I was thinking aswell, If you get this wiper kit-It will solve my issue with my current coroded wiper now wouldn't it as you get all the new arm and everything?

vbpgimage.php

Thats why i want some,my wipers work fine but the arms look like sh1t.

Apparently it's a known issue with the A4, mine is the same; driver's side only though. :shrug:

Still up for some tasty Areos though.

I had the same problem but just cleaned and sprayed the corroded area. Looks fine now though.

Just want to bump this up, a group buy would be brilliant. :rock:

Any progress?

Not heard off Olly yet, I think he is scouting around a few of the sites sponsors for us :)

Will need to get these soon, my current wipers are thuding on every wipe now :mad: :p

Hi guys,
I don't know if I can hold out much longer, the shitey evenings are drawing in now, and the rain too.
My wipers are not to best, with a baby on the way too, I want as best visibility as poss.
Think will be ordering my aero wiper kit soon, shame I don't think will be getting discount but need to get this sorted.

Si

I also considered changing to aero's although I'm not sure how good they are over a period of time. The guy over the road who had a VW with aeros said that eventually the blades left streaks of water and became noisy, squealing, he was blaming the car wash detergent he was using. If I was to stay with conventional wipers, I notice mine, '02 model, doesn't have the standard blade fitting, they have a small clip that you release by pressing a button and the blade then comes away from the arm. When I bought replacement arms, they came with the usual 'U' shaped clip which was not compatible with wiper arm. Does anyone know where I can get the correct blades from and at what price. Thanks

P.S. I also suffered that nasty corrosion, paint flaking on drivers side wiper arm. Rubbed down and touched up with matt black touch up paint (£1.99) looks ok now, cheap repair!

I couldn't see the wipers in Halfrauds or any other places like that-they are all normal for the B5 model
Replacements for pre aero on B6, I think are approx £28 from the dealer.

I have ordered some aero's today, on the way back from Liverpool last night finished it off with all the rain we had, the regular shafted blades are far too noisy especially when doing about 80mph.

Will post back when recieve the Aero's and fitted :)

Hi guys

Could someone explain what the difference with these Aero blades are? My newly acquired 01 tdi also has a corroded arm, which I was gonna replace at the next service (in 1k miles), so this might be a good time to buy something else...?

Cheers!