New A3 - Affecting Prices?

A3 Sport

Reaction score
I was looking at ordering a new A3 in the next couple of months, so that it would be delivered in March for the 11 plate. However, I read an article that suggested that the new shape A3 is coming out at the end of 2011. Is this true?

One of the things that attracts me to another A3 is the way it holds onto its money, but when the new model comes out, surely the residual values of the current model will drop a lot? :blink:

depends on the pricing of the new chassis tbh, if its the same as yours is curently then expect up to a 3k drop, however if audi are going to chage extra for the model then you should only expect about 1k of drop (these figures would be additional onto the usual drops from mileage plate changes and going 2nd hand)

Personally I'd never buy a new car just as a new model was due to come out as the 2nd hand value will drop after a year or so once the new model starts to be become available secondhand.

Having said that, if you can get yourself a decent discount that can help offset the drop in value.

You already have the facelift 09 model. Not worth ordering a new one now IMHO

The new one will definitely be very different, new interior, exterior, ?platform, engines, gearboxes and spec. Id wait for that

You already have the facelift 09 model. Not worth ordering a new one now IMHO

The new one will definitely be very different, new interior, exterior, ?platform, engines, gearboxes and spec. Id wait for that

agree with this guy!