Neat little Sunvisor - Just found after 4 months!

h3msy

Reaction score
Stuck in traffic yesterday I was looking at how difficult it would be to fit a mic around the courtesy light area for a blue tooth handsfree. I thought I had found a new compartment but after pushing and prodding found that it was a little central sunvisor!

They think of everything Audi! - Mind you its taken me about 4 months of owning it to find it!

H3MSY

On another subject does anyone know how much cup holders are from Audi. I want to Retro fit one in my pre-facelift S3 but cant find any on ebay etc.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Youre not the only one there mate. I took a good few months before finding it also.

I think you'll find there are quite a few people out there who have only found it by people like us posting on the forum, but there too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif to admit it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Re: the cupholders, are you talking about the ones in the dash or the armrest.

The armrest cupholder insert is about £25 IIRC. Havnt a clue about the one in the dash though. Although someone here did fit one. Too much of an ar*e on if you ask me. I'll just stick to the armrest ones.

[ QUOTE ]
H3MSY said:
Stuck in traffic yesterday I was looking at how difficult it would be to fit a mic around the courtesy light area for a blue tooth handsfree. I thought I had found a new compartment but after pushing and prodding found that it was a little central sunvisor!

They think of everything Audi! - Mind you its taken me about 4 months of owning it to find it!

H3MSY

On another subject does anyone know how much cup holders are from Audi. I want to Retro fit one in my pre-facelift S3 but cant find any on ebay etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Havn't you found the cup holder yet!?... only kidding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Pre-facelift S3's should have a single cup holder as standard on the top left of the console. However, if you have heated seat, they delete the cup holder for the switches to operate the heated seats - Doh!, which means you no longer have the slot for your cup holder. Thats why they redesign the facelift dash to have the heated seat switches next to the climate control and still keep the cup holder aswell.

[ QUOTE ]
PeterS3 said:
The large pocket under the steering wheel is for the handbook pack! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it actually fit? I ask cos I've seen that in the manual, but it doesn't fit, unless you stuff it in it just protrudes out and gets in the way. Or is it just the handbook?

i took about 3 months to find mine. Did not know about the handbook though.

[ QUOTE ]
peteTDI said:
i had 3 sunvisors on my new a3 tdi but not on my S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure?, my S3 is a 1999 T-reg, and it has the third visor.

[ QUOTE ]
jojo said:
[ QUOTE ]
peteTDI said:
i had 3 sunvisors on my new a3 tdi but not on my S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure?, my S3 is a 1999 T-reg, and it has the third visor.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes just check again it's got a cut out/hole for it but it's not there maybe the 1st owner pulled it off or some thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I thought the S3's had a 1st aid kit in the pockets under the seats. The manual says that some models have one and I assumed it would be the S3.

[ QUOTE ]
MingBluS3 said:
anyone else got pockets underneath their seats on the S3?

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely all the electrics on the Recaro's in S3's must have taken up all the room for any pockets. I've got an original S3 brochure here, no mention of any 1st aid kit or trays, not even on the options list.

[ QUOTE ]
jesterS3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
PeterS3 said:
The large pocket under the steering wheel is for the handbook pack! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it actually fit? I ask cos I've seen that in the manual, but it doesn't fit, unless you stuff it in it just protrudes out and gets in the way. Or is it just the handbook?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine's a perfect fit as long as it is just the pack with handbook, service book & radio instructions!
Didn't fit when I collected it from the dealers because there was the key code tag inside!