My S3

Will the front upgraded pads and disks ( minted pads and zero sixty disks ) be ok with the power from the tte 420 turbo ?

Haha well those ones I have work well under hard braking and better when I am! Squeaky though when cold ! And very annoying! Think I'll get a new brake system once they wear out and just fear for my life in the mean time haha

Not being funny or anything but my standard brakes on my Stage 2+ are awesome! I really don't see any reason for me to change! Unless I track her ofc!

I felt like mine were going to fail when standard at stage 1 . The mintex pads and zero sixty discs work a treat with stage 2 + . Just hope they can potentially handle 425 bhp and 455 tourqe with the new turbo and that's minus the wmi kit which will put it even higher !

You worry to much lol! I'm sure they will be fine lol!

Reactions: Alex_Wil
Get some TTRS brakes Alex... best buy for the money.. can pick up calipers for 400 and discs for 400.. lines, pads and fluid + spacers if you need them can get it all in under 1200 if you shop carefully for parts.

Good idea.

Those would work very well for the next stage,although your new years present list is going up sharply!

I think I'll get the turbo and wmi fitted first and use the current discs and pads for a while ( wear them down ) and look and getting brakes done before summer .

Unfortunately Alex I've massively blown the original budget already haha . Just pain staking 3 weeks to wait to get everything :(

Reactions: S3Alex
Y
Get some TTRS brakes Alex... best buy for the money.. can pick up calipers for 400 and discs for 400.. lines, pads and fluid + spacers if you need them can get it all in under 1200 if you shop carefully for parts.
You can get them cheaper. Almost new. I got them for 500€. Calipers, pads, and discs with less than 2000km's on them. Just search for them on German ebay.
Oh and there are sexy red 8pot rs calipers on classifieds...

I think I'll get the turbo and wmi fitted first and use the current discs and pads for a while ( wear them down ) and look and getting brakes done before summer .

Unfortunately Alex I've massively blown the original budget already haha . Just pain staking 3 weeks to wait to get everything :(

I always do.

I start off with some ideas and by the time it's done,the price has risen a lot.

It's the fun after that makes up for it.

As the bank has already been raided i thought id add in one final upgrade for the car

Brakes:

yellow-speed-racing-ultra-grand-bbk-1_39.jpg

http://www.yellowspeedeurope.com/br...nt-big-brake-kit-356mm-x-32mm-disc-6-pot.html

3 weeks couldn't come quicker!

Reactions: KentKid and RedDejavu
nice and cheap for what you get! Lucky ******* :) The only upgrade I do is higher numbered nappies atm but I swear the time for me will come and its all your fault haha!

What goes around come around. The cost of nappies will decrease and the car fund will increase ! :D they are really good value!

Reactions: RedDejavu
You know you want to get some ! ;) . Cheers ! its got a lot of work coming up and ill make sure I give feedback on everything done to it .... thus tempting you even further to follow down the same route !. You blame me and I blame S3Alex! Haha

Reactions: KentKid and S3Alex
As the bank has already been raided i thought id add in one final upgrade for the car

Brakes:

yellow-speed-racing-ultra-grand-bbk-1_39.jpg

Hi Alex,

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on these brakes, as I really should start thinking about replacing my standard brakes too.

Good luck with it pal, and keep us posted... :)

Cheers ! Hoping it all goes ok !

For the price they were a steal!

Will give everyone a full run down on them once there fitted and let you know :)

Reactions: KentKid and S3Alex
Cheers ! Hoping it all goes ok !

For the price they were a steal!

Will give everyone a full run down on them once there fitted and let you know :)

Put it this way...they can't be worse than the stock pieces of iron.

I couldn't believe how much those things weigh.

Good luck,and hope you enjoy the results.

Exactly and surely an upgrade on the mintex pads and zero sixty discs - unfortunately can't put existing on the rear so that's the next buy . Along with uprated engine mounts and bushes all around .. then ill have a holiday !

Exactly and surely an upgrade on the mintex pads and zero sixty discs - unfortunately can't put existing on the rear so that's the next buy . Along with uprated engine mounts and bushes all around .. then ill have a holiday !

Those work well on the rears,and restore a little bit of the balance to the system.

If I had a bucket load of spare cash that wasn't going into the engine,I'd buy Alcon,but the current lot is fine.

I'm sure it'll work itself onto the list! I've hit my limit on engine upgrades without doing the dsg! Need to put the cash elsewhere ;)

Will the OEM dsg be ok with the upgrades I'm doing or is it right on the limit ?

I'm sure it'll work itself onto the list! I've hit my limit on engine upgrades without doing the dsg! Need to put the cash elsewhere ;)

Will the OEM dsg be ok with the upgrades I'm doing or is it right on the limit ?

It should be OK,or at least a remap should help.

I would see what it's like after.

I've had the dsg map

Think it's something I definitely need to look into for peace if mind

Update - this arrived in the week

Turbo arrives next week with the brakes :)

Going to be a loooong week!

Attachments

• 20150124_144909.jpg
    20150124_144909.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 310
Reactions: Compkiler and S3Alex
Update - this arrived in the week

Turbo arrives next week with the brakes :)

Going to be a loooong week!

Long but fruitful.

You're going to have some fun soon.

That's true and out the office 2 days so hoping it will fly by !

Very much looking forward to the drive home once it's done !

Reactions: S3Alex and Compkiler
xmas has come late for you by the look of all your pressies. a write up on your wmi kit install would be good if you get chance, my aem kit arrived earlier this month and planning to install that soon...

keen to see your results once its all installed, keep up the good work...

Cheers guile

Ill make sure I put up a thorough review of everything. I will also get pictures if possible from start to finish of everything fitted . Good to know your thoughts on aem when you've got it fitted as I have snow performance and good to see what the differences are (if any )

Alex

It'll be interesting to see if there are any practical differences.

I've had an AEM kit for a few yrs now and I'm guessing that AMD will be fitting your Snow kit so your view and theirs will be useful.

Yes Amd will be .

I'll ask them there thoughts on the differences from the both and pass this on to you all :)

After an awful flight back into gatwick and having to retake off I've just picked up my new turbo ! As you can see it had priority to ride in the front seat ! ;) brakes turn up tomorrow -- really can't wait now !!

Attachments

• 20150128_124210.jpg
    20150128_124210.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 309
  • 20150128_135625.jpg
    20150128_135625.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 301
  • 20150128_135702.jpg
    20150128_135702.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 308
Great news.

That should really be fun once it's running.

This is a very bad thread for me and im not happy ! i was content with my week of S2+ but now its got me thinking about big turbos and WMI along with the brakes you have got :s now dare i mention it to the missus ? probably not.... Looking forward to seeing the results :)