MoT

FAILED on ****** stupid things!

Front Indicator bulbs for some reason the worked when i dropped it off

My seatbelt Harness cover is missing?

Jagged body work after a prang which they repaired anyway and said it was fine!

They tried failing it on my rear lights but i wasnt having non of it there e-marked and will take the matter futher and the said ok dont worry about it lol

Matt

ukmayhem said:
FAILED on ****** stupid things!

Front Indicator bulbs for some reason the worked when i dropped it off

My seatbelt Harness cover is missing?

Jagged body work after a prang which they repaired anyway and said it was fine!

They tried failing it on my rear lights but i wasnt having non of it there e-marked and will take the matter futher and the said ok dont worry about it lol

Matt

They just look like they are trying to make mony out of you
Harness cover a fail..?..the seat belt works ?

Yes works but because it has no cover its liable to fail???????

Indicators failed as they reckon they dont flash orange??? ( well unless the colour orange has changed im stumped )

They've told me to stick black tape over the sharp edge on the skirt.

Be aware that the failure is now logged on the VOSA database so effectively your car is now illegal even though the old MOT may not have expired.
The failure overrides the old MOT!

the new computerised mot is a nightmare your car has to be perfect before it goes in or you pay retest fee. not good.

Time to find a new garage, looks to me that it should have sailed through and they are looking to make money out of your. The indicators is an old favourite. But that seat belt harness cover is a load of pish. I would ask them to show your where is states that, that would be a fail.
Do you not know anyone else that can check it. I would take it to a garage and just ask them will those lights and harness cover missing pass an MOT and if they say yes then ask them to MOT it. Your gonna need a re-test anyways. So nothing to loose. But I wouldnt go back to that garage.

Just makes me laugh when you get a fail for something cosmetic like that and then see the state of a large percentage of the HGV's and coaches on our roads that are (presumably) road legal.
Hampshire police did a campaign a few months ago and they stopped and checked 60 odd HGV's and 40 of them were illegal. Frightening really.
I'm all for tightening up on the MOT laws, and fully support the computerisation of tax/insurance/MOT (for once a really good use of camera technology, that will actually save lives). But like everything in the UK we've managed to turn it against the average motorist, rather than use it to erradicate the garbage on our roads that some people seem to think constitute a safe form of transport.
My A4 failed it's last MOT on "severely damaged brake hoses" (which I posted a while back). I changed them that night and couldn't believe they were a failure. Took them back to the cowboys that failed it, and once they'd retested and passed it, presented the old hoses to the manager. I lied and said an Audi tech said there was nothing wrong with them and wouldn't be an MOT failure. He just picked them up and screwed them in a tight knot so that the tiny pin holes in the outer rubbers then spread down to the core and said "they are now".
I wouldn't mind but the same place passed it a year ago and the car's only done 4k miles since then.
I'm now wondering whether it was them that caused the gearbox failure 2 weeks later when they stupidly used powered rollers on the front wheels of a quattro to test the brakes. Could that knacker the gearbox? or just the quattro system?

I wouldnt think it would do eiether any good. As i say i would really choose another garage.