1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

more boost? more diesel?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by tara_nta, Nov 7, 2011.

1. tara_nta

tara_nta Member

Is it possible to turn the diesel up manually? Was also thinking about putting a manual boost controller in there for a couple more psi, worth doing? What boost does/should it run standard?

Car is a 1999 a4 1.9 tdi 5 speed manual.
  2. Bradderz_1988

Bradderz_1988 Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Psi tuning box or remap !
  3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

larger nozzles will add more derv and give you more power without doing anything else.

You cant use an MBC on a VGT turbo, if you want more boost you'll need to remap the ECU
  4. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

Yeah, big nozzles can be turned down but still deliver large amounts of fuel and still be future proof so you buy right, once ! 0.216 nozzles will fuel up to 170Bhp on the stock 10mm pump with a pd130 turbo and remap. I have 11mm pump, large Bosio race 520 nozzles, bv43 turbo (gtb2260Vk on stand by!) and i am still running the stock 90 Bhp tune (!) without that much smoke but i had to do the hammer mod to tame it down at WOT. As soon as the new Southbend clutch is in i can turn the boost up with a custom remap and i hope i'll breach 220 bhp. Choose your mods carefully and you'll have no problem getting the power, you'll however have trouble putting all that torque on the tarmac !
  5. diffas

diffas Member

You can digitally bleed and get higher boost replacing stock 2.5bar map with 3bar map. And more fuel with every-mod - some call it psi-box. :D