Lighting pack help

TimM

Reaction score
Hi all, picked up the new motor yesterday or should i say had it drop off. Quick one, do you have to turn on the lighting pack? Noticed the under handle lights dont come on when opening ....

TimM - I have the lighting pack - it was the £250 option. Of all the options added, this was the most disappointing.

Just checked mine - the LEDS in the handles do not illuminate for me either!!

You can set the brightness within the Car settings on MMI - the range I found is 'off to not very bright!'

I am OK with the door card LEDs and the puddle lights. I have changed the under seats and front foot well for brighter LEDS, as these were single unit LED's and could be hardly be seen. Since doing this I have more adjustment of brightness using the MMI in the areas that they were lacking.

Changed all the other courtesy lights to LEDS also as i didn't like the mix of normal bulbs and LEDs in the car.

Yes, i must admit im a little disappointed with it for the money. I've found the ones under the external handles do work now and are obviously light sensitive working when the car recognises its dark. The ones in the internal handles are rubbish though, you can see them but barely and again only at night. As you've said you would expect better bulbs and contemplating changing some of them out myself.

Reactions: gc6269
I offer upgrade kits for some of the existing light pack bulbs, so have bulbs for the footwell, puddle and even the door pocket lights, can do other colours if you wanted to go that route.

Can also offer the bulbs to replace any existing halogen bulbs to led.

t8ups I'd be interested in getting a set of LEDs once I've picked my A6 up next week! I've got just the standard lighting that comes on the Black Edition... What would I need and how much would it be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: t8ups
As far as I can tell from the brochure and order sheet its completely standard lighting... No mention of LED interior lighting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk