larger exhaust tips

rob0904

Reaction score
Looking at the back of my avant and the exhaust tips look too small. I've got 1.8 t 190 so sline body kit. What car/model has the same style tip bit larger.

Seen an 2010 sline avant with larger exhaust tips on it. Would these fit?

Rob

1.8T's have I think 63mm tips, people tend to fit 80-100 mm tips depending on the look they're after. You can weld on any tips you like, Powerflow have a good range to give you some ideas.

I think you just have to cut the welds on the stock tip put the new sized one on and weld it. I'm thinking around 90 would look good in the cut outs. Did look at the TT 225 exhaust tips think there 80mm +

Just finding some OEM tips.

they are stright now

Can anyone direct me to an instructional on how to do this? I HAVE A 2.4 Q with small tail pipes that are kind of hidden and pointing down and I want them to look like this pic above but not sure about modding the bumper. Maybe an s shaped pipe to right on fit on?

I like the blueflame tips I had on my tt

They were angled

No rolls
Think milltek offer a similar style gt110 or something?

You're better off swapping the lower valance out off another A4, i.e. 1.8T sport or S4 rear bumper etc, then like Quattrojames had done, get some larger tips welded onto the back boxes or upgrade the exhaust system. Search for Quattrojames's thread on exhaust tips.

Can anyone direct me to an instructional on how to do this? I HAVE A 2.4 Q with small tail pipes that are kind of hidden and pointing down and I want them to look like this pic above but not sure about modding the bumper. Maybe an s shaped pipe to right on fit on?

2.4 pipes will point straight out the back and the valance will have cut aways, you can just weld a set of larger pipes on.

meant 2.5... is it the same deal yeh?

LOL no, very different!

As Dan mentioned you'll need a replacement lower valance with the exhaust cut outs in, although some people have made cut outs in their own derv valances to good effect. You then need to qeld new tips on to the existing back boxes, I'll upload some pics of what I did shortly.

Obviously instead of a flush valance you need one from a 1.8T, 2.4 or 3.0 Petrol. Avant and saloon are non compatible.

It'll look a touch lame to start with....

You don't need the exhaust off to weld the tips on, this is mine prior to selling.

End result is worthwhile :thumbsup:

Reactions: wheymonster