key reprograming

todski

Reaction score
need help trying to reprogram my key

car is a A4 2.0 tfsi se sline - 2006

i only have one key it came with a flat battery , i have changed the battery and tried many of the insert key press this press that methods and i carnt get it to sync.

i got a vcds cable and followed the methods to reset the matching keys off the ross tech site and to re sync it

on the ross tech site it say the "The car may give you some sort of acknowledgement as each key is learned (lights flash, horn beep, etc.)"

but my car did not give any indication is this a sign or does it not matter

does any one know were im going wrong cheers

This has always worked for me.
Unlock the car & sit in, press & hold the lock button whilst inserting into the ignition, turn to on still holding the button for two seconds, turn key to off still holding the button, remove from ignition & release button, should work

Last edited:
Todski I'm in the exact same boat, found a massive thread on audizine and nothing worked, tried what joinerman said and still no joy.

no joy with that thanks , im at a complete loss as why it wont work

I don't have a clue either mate. I've just picked the car up and the garage didn't have a idea how long the battery had died so I'm wondering if the remotes been wiped clean some how with how log it was without power.

Try this. Unlock the door. Get into the car and shut the door. Turn the to get up ignition lights. Leave for 20-30 seconds take keys out ignition. Get out and shut door and then try to lock with remote. I was told how to do it a couple of months ago when I had my cc fitted. Needed to do the spare key as programming caused the keys to un pair. Not sure if this is correct. Brain like a sieve. Lol