1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Key fob problem

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by TURBOTRONICS, Jan 19, 2010.

1. TURBOTRONICS

TURBOTRONICS Member

Iv only had my 03 s4 avant since the weekend and Im having problems with the key fob
    When I lock the car and walk away the bloody key fob suddenly starts transmitting the unlock signal continually so the doors unlock and the windows come down
    I have to keep pressing the open button till the light stops flashing
    Then press and hold close button till all the windows are shut
    THEN run like hell out of range of the car so the bloody windows don’t come down again
    Has any one else encountered this problem?

Im assuming I need a new key fob so can any one tell me where I can get a new one from without going to Audi them selves and paying fortune?

Any advice is gratefully received
  2. A4 nut

A4 nut Member

Hi you can get a key off e-bay for arround £25 and then get it cut and programed £30 you will need to know your skc code it normally on a plastic tag you get with the keys to your car and also make sure you get the right frequency fob for your car!
  3. oneninet

oneninet New Member

The problem is with the remote not the blade and chip . If you have a rummage around your remote you may find a reason for the sticky unlock button.
    For the time being why not just use the key in the drivers door lock to lock the car rather than a Basil Fawlty impression?
  4. TURBOTRONICS

TURBOTRONICS Member

if i take the battery out the fob while i strip it down will it affect the programming its the only key and if it stops working im stuffed
  5. oneninet

oneninet New Member

The key splits leaving the remote separate, the transponder chip remains in the blade part. You can safely work on the remote , like you would if say the remote battery needed changing .
  6. TURBOTRONICS

TURBOTRONICS Member

iv been looking on ebay for a new key fob only i dont know which is the right one
    im unsure how to check which is the correct part number
    the only number i can fined dose not match up with any numbers on ebay