Key fob locking weirdness

Owen Hurrell

Reaction score
Hi,

First post here.

I've just picked up a 2000, a6 c5-4b 2. 5tdi v6. It was cheap!

I've got a problem that no one seems to have seen before according to the Internet!

When I single press the fob the drivers door unlocks as I would expect it to and the rest of the doors clunk but don't unlock (i assume this is the deadlocks shooting back.) The weirdness comes when I lock again.

If I single press the lock button all the doors clunk but the drivers door doesn't lock. If I double press the lock the doors clunk again and the drivers door locks.

If I double press the unlock button all doors unlock. If I then single press the lock button all the doors lock as expected.

I also have some weirdness with the unlock button inside the car not working all the time. It may or may not be related.

What on earth is going on?

Thanks in advance.

Plug in vcds and let it have a read. Where you at?

Thanks for replying. I'm in Poole in Dorset. I don't currently have access to VCDS - I'm working on it because my wife has a Seat. Until I manage to get it, any other ideas?

There are replacement door locks available for £25 I could take a punt on to fix it. The car is approaching 250k miles so a fresh lock wouldn't hurt!