Just a few questions =x

markyp2002

Reaction score
Ok im new to this forum, ill get some pics of my A3 1.8T as soon as i can.

OK here goes with the questions:

1) I live in birmingham, where is the best place to go to get my car remapped?

2) When driving, if i put my foot down, when the car is warmed up, the turbo seems to pull away, then die off for like half a second then kick in again but it doesnt do it all the time, i was thinking maybe its just t-lag?

3) If im driving at speed and have to brake hard for whatever reason, my brake pedal drops further than normal and judders for like a second then comes back to its normal position? any ideas?

4) mazzy, my car is 196 bhp i bought it like it not sure what its had done to it, only visible things i can see is a forged DV, straight through scorpion exhaust system and apex suspension, my car hits 68 in second gear at 6.5k revs and top speed so far 144mph according to the speedo, its pretty fast for a 1.8T :D

Almost missed a question:

5) I have squeaking coming from my drivers side front wheel, not all the time, mainly when its dry when im going over speed bumps or turning right, its not a quiet squeak either, its scared the old ladies a few times? any ideas anyone?

:blackrs4:

Firstly welcome to the forun markyp2002

1) see no 4

2) not sure on this one

3) sounds like the brake master cylinder - theres been posts on here before about it if you do a search you should find them

4) 196 bhp from a 1.8t is 46bhp over standard so i'd guess your car's already been remapped unless its a quattro which would have 180bhp as standard but even so 16bhp over standard is very high

5) not sure i'm afraid

Mike

2. Not turbo lag. Turbo lag is the delay in boost being applied when you hit the pedal. It is not a factor once the turbo has kicked in.

Does it only do it in 1st gear? Do you have traction control (EPS)? Might be the EPS cutting power. Mine does that in 1st gear sometimes, particularly on poor road surfaces. The dash warning light does not necessarily blink.

3. You sure it's not just the ABS braking in operation?

Well I will say hello!

Can't any technical help though : (

Enjoy

no 2. if it does this in every gear i would say from experience that you need new spark plugs, genuine audi ones/ngk only the best.
i had same problem on my audi s3 especially when i had it remapped and changed the spark plugs and the power was very smooth instead of how you describe it
hope this helps

no 5,

how many miles has it done, also is it lowered...

i would check bushes first, might be something rubbing if its really lowered (esp if the noise is on cornering).

Proably the arb bushes.

Chris

the car has done nearly 80k, its a 2001 not too bad mileage, and actually its due for a service soon, so new sparks might do the trick, thanks for the help on that.

with the brakes it might just be the ABS kicking in but im gonna get it checked out just to be on the safe side.

and im gonna try greasing the bushes up tomorrow, and she how i get on with that. my car is extremely low, im guessing its a 40/50 mm drop, with a complete S3 kit on it, the front bumper doesnt like speed bumps at all hehe.:wtf: