Facelift Jassy's Discussion/Build/Wait Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon Thread

To be honest l thought the MY2018 car had it standard....wrong James....lol or l would have,should have got red calipers though and come the Spring l will get them done properly by someone?
Ah that’s a shame but not to worry, the rest of it bang on! If I ever move up to the S3 it will not look too different! Glad you’re happy with it.

Reactions: Jassyo06
@jassyo06 .....That colour from the pics you have shown changes in the light way more than I thought it would. You must be really chuffed with it, as you finally see it in the flesh........The alloys even in the grey finish look good. Are you still going to do the black/diamond ?

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
If only red weaved carbon fibre inlays were handy

You in Carbonara Fiber....lol but with red weave....*** its JUST a A3......lol although saying that l think the RS7/RS6 has a blue weave and blue stitching if chose it in Ascari Blue

Reactions: Rob2k68 and MattSedg
@jassyo06 .....That colour from the pics you have shown changes in the light way more than I thought it would. You must be really chuffed with it, as you finally see it in the flesh........The alloys even in the grey finish look good. Are you still going to do the black/diamond ?

Thanks mate the colour does change in certain lighting conditions...its ****** weird....as when it get brighter the paint looks darker....its not named Voodoo Blue for nothing....lol

The alloys l really really like em as does everyone of my family...although me mum thought the paint colour was a tad.....lairy..lol,its not everyones cup of Cha....l understand this, and the wheels are staying the way they are mate

Last edited:
Reactions: S1Pete, AudiNutta, Snake Pliskin and 4 others
Thanks jassy for putting my mind at rest,as it was the only part of the RS design pack i wasn’t sure about
Love the colour of your new car,doesn’t it sound and drive a lot different to the 300bhp model

its night n day from my old car and its fast enough for me jassy.... who drives like a Parish Preist....

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68, MattSedg and 1 other person
Awesome photos mate. Best looking s3 on here I have to say. Pano roof and black styling breaks up the blue perfectly.

Now get those banners changed over to ya exclusive paint ;)

Reactions: Rob2k68, MattSedg and Jassyo06
Awesome photos mate. Best looking s3 on here I have to say. Pano roof and black styling breaks up the blue perfectly.

Now get those banners changed over to ya exclusive paint ;)

Yer tooo kind mate @James.B8 and its not the best looking car on here at all,its just in a different paint colour we are all not used to seeing on here James and also it keeps this forum busy.....and slightly more interesting for long term members

Reactions: S1Pete, TDI-line, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
Yeah first wash pics needed mate - perfect opportunity to get up close and personal with it giving it a good going over.

Chuck some pics on of the interior whilst you’re at it ;o)

Yeah up close and personal as you say mate, and after a well clinical wash the car is, as it should be no marks or swirls like l gave instructions to the salesman as to not polish it,would liked to have given it a pro detail but l am skint.....right now...so that will have to wait....not too worried as yer the same as me when we wash our cars wash mitt analisers.... lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Rob2k68
You in Carbonara Fiber....lol but with red weave....*** its JUST a A3......lol although saying that l think the RS7/RS6 has a blue weave and blue stitching if chose it in Ascari Blue
just a touch of carbonara hear n there...not too much like

Reactions: Jassyo06
And a superb engine/ 7 speed DSG combo......such a smooth box the DQ381.

The gearbox is a real DSG.....its not perfect but its far better than the 6 speed l had in my MY15 S3....far quicker to change with less lag and downshifts when it should,like the BMW M4 my son gets at the weekends,makes the car like it should have been from the start

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and T-800
That looks ace mate doesn’t look real sat there against the grey skyline - red design pack or whatever it’s called really works well.

Still got the crumb catchers out on the seats I see LoL

Crumb catchers.....lol....dont feel comfy without them extended,the super sport seats......erm l thought they would have added a little more shoulder support but no they dont there just fancy seats as ye know mate....a box l had to tick

Reactions: Audi Bairn, David McQueen and Rob2k68
Congrats @jassyo06 mate! Looks amazing! :D Worth the wait and hype you built up lol

Reactions: TDI-line, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
The gearbox is a real DSG.....its not perfect but its far better than the 6 speed l had in my MY15 S3....far quicker to change with less lag and downshifts when it should,like the BMW M4 my son gets at the weekends,makes the car like it should have been from the start

A world apart from the Awful DQ500 in the RS3 we had, that was awful.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Congrats @jassyo06 mate! Looks amazing! :D Worth the wait and hype you built up lol

Thank you mate....Hype....*** that was all down this mad hoose and is even madder members.....lol me being thee maddest....

Reactions: TDI-line, Rob2k68, BarryG79 and 2 others
Thank you mate....Hype....*** that was all down this mad hoose and is even madder members.....lol me being thee maddest....

We let you lead the way in your shiny new beast :D

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Yer getting far too technical.....for a me....now, me being a paint colour ANORAK.....lol

It’s a Blue at the end of the day

Just a rarer and nicer blue than will be seen on any other S3 Saloon

Was at the Graveyard today to show my dad my car l think he would have loved the colour Not he didn't like blue cars....lol Although he did have a few tasty corkers in blue himself.... Lol Was a nice place to take a snapshot

View attachment 138776

That is such a wonderful post :bluecar:

Reactions: Tom.H, TDI-line, Bristle Hound and 8 others
Stop with the pictures
emoji31.png
looks stunning mate, hope you enjoyed it

It is/was and not what I was expecting

.and you WILL WANT TO GO THERE.....as its got Au Natural....scenery and beaches....no frozen Flanels.....or Alfred.....to pamper ye.....lol...is Aruba.....my next port of call

Looked at Aruba a good few years back and then the rock formation arch thing fell down so thought there was nothing else to see ...lol

Aruba should be great just watch when you go as full of americans. Avoid spring break, thanksgiving and xmas and you should be fine

One Huge gripe Audi have ****** up the MMI interface its dreadful my old car worked and looked better, this car handles like the RS3s l have driven in the past extremely surefooted and stable at speed..... Also l have joined the 404 mile club wasn't intentional probably would have got 450 miles out of it if l hadn't put the foot down in the last 60 miles home, also noticed the cost cutting on the interior...... The little spacers between the buttons above the climate controls.... These where in piano black before now there dull plastic, column stalks.... Don't feel as good, l miss the red led buttons/icons white is too bright, footwell lighting blinded me turned it off, no dimming on the door mirrors???

The good..... Vc is amazing...... And best of all the best car l have owned or rented lol

Few pics now, this car has a amazing spec l don't even know what colour this is, l think it's from the same Porsche paint catalogue as riviera and voodoo/viper, Milk Tray purple l am going to name it.... And one of Mine's lol got P Zero's on the car and they look and feel far better than contis

View attachment 138719 View attachment 138720
anyways....back to this beauty of a purple machine......bit of digging and if it is a porsche colour it looks like either violet or ultraviolet.....might keep that in mind for 3 years from now :whistle2:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and AudiNutta
Stunning looking @jassyo06!

Really does look beautiful, and the interior is perfect looking. Just reading the posts since my last catch up, and it is interesting to here your thoughts on the differences between this and your previous MY15 S3 SB. Is it that much better.....handling, DSG, power delivery etc?

Enjoy the car, and health to drive.

Reactions: AudiNutta, Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
First wash took me ages, then just a quick detailer washed and treated the interior leather

View attachment 138757 View attachment 138758 View attachment 138759 View attachment 138760
@jassyo06 - Great pic's mate :thumbs up:
Was at the Graveyard today to show my dad my car l think he would have loved the colour Not he didn't like blue cars....lol Although he did have a few tasty corkers in blue himself.... Lol Was a nice place to take a snapshot

View attachment 138776
Nice post James :thumbs up:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and AudiNutta
Stunning looking @jassyo06!

Really does look beautiful, and the interior is perfect looking. Just reading the posts since my last catch up, and it is interesting to here your thoughts on the differences between this and your previous MY15 S3 SB. Is it that much better.....handling, DSG, power delivery etc?

Enjoy the car, and health to drive.

I would say this car inspires me with more confidence mate, my Sport back felt a tad unstable on anything bar a smooth road surface the new car it's more sure footed plus the gearbox is a little more responsive, overall a nice upgrade

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and Snake Pliskin
hows the voodoo looking in overcast weather?

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
hows the voodoo looking in overcast weather?

Looks very light in this weather we are having just now.....gets a lot darker when in bright weather.....:wtf: kinda like....dare l say this.... that flat blue paint you see on them basic VW Polo's....:haha::scared2:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Pook, AudiNutta and 4 others
Looks very light in this weather we are having just now.....gets a lot darker when in bright weather.....:wtf: kinda like....dare l say this.... that flat blue paint you see on them basic VW Polo's....:haha::scared2:

Just googled polo blue .... jeeeesus it is similar lol pmsl :)

7535142C BC2A 4280 997E 6D75E6648597

Reactions: azibux1, richinsoton, Rob2k68 and 6 others
Told you dealer treats anyone buying through an online broker as second rate, same happened to me, and the guy told me to my face, lost any future business from me for sure .... Whetstone Audi

Yeah l got that impression,not one person spoke to me whilst i waited for over a hour or offered me a coffee or tea....but eventually l met Andrew the sales guy who was to be fair a very nice guy,as he topped up the fuel to a full tank and gave me all that Autoglym kit which must have cost over a £100 to buy in a shop,he did mention my discount, he said it was very good,so there walk in punters must get less

Also noticed all of them in the dealership where running around like "Heedless chickens" When l approached the main desk l spoke to a middle aged blonde.....who seemed to look down to me when she heard my Scottish accent...and also corrected me when l mispronounced the salesman name.... You mean Andrew such and such....not very friendly them Londoners....lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Daveotto, AudiNutta and 4 others
Was wondering if it was similar to Ara with light, bolder when it's dark and a bit pale almost washed out in sun

Reactions: Rob2k68, Flying Scotsman and Jassyo06
Was wondering if it was similar to Ara with light, bolder when it's dark and a bit pale almost washed out in sun

Most of the time its exactly like the photo next to the R8 photo l posted mate,it being a flat paint it does'nt react to most lighting condition like Ara or any metallic/Pearlescent paint does

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn, MattSedg and 1 other person
@AudiNutta - Like you I liked a lot riviera blue, now its between voodoo & nogaro for me

Me thinks nogaro is a touch darker, but there's not a lot in it IMO

Audi-Exclusive-S3-Nogaro-Blue-Matthew-Welch-309.jpg

If only I had £2400 to spend on exclusive paint ...

lt would be Very similar parked next to that car in that light mate

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Just insured the thing....with SAGA...................:sos:

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Audi Bairn, MattSedg and 1 other person