Jardo's 'Journey to quattro' - My Story...

Ahh yeh i know Newport ind. estate that is got a peugeot dealer down there too ? I need more power gettin bored but lack of funds is a slight issue haha

Jardo, what camera are you using and is it mounted to the headrest bars?

Haha, well I am actually using a Galaxy S2! I bought a suction phone mount and just plonk it on the window, I had to cut a hole for the camera in it but I've been really pleased with the results.

They shoot in 1080P, that video was 720 but I still think the quality is good.

I took this on it too -

Last edited by a moderator:
Good day today :)

Did a 0 to 60 of 5.8 on GPS down at a private airfield which is my best recorded time yet, not bad for 3 year old £30 a corner budget tires.

(sorry for the commentary, was sending it as a reply to Prawn on Whatsapp)

Ordered one of these too :) -

images_supersize1000px_OD1954TN.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good work mate and I promise I won't post 'that' pic like I did on FB ;P

<tuffty/>

The more impressive thing is that I did it on THESE tires, you can tell how old they are by the shine on them. They are ROCK solid, home made runflats :p -

2011-08-23150251.jpg

2011-08-23150120.jpg

Genuinely, three were £30 a corner three years ago and that Michelin is the same tire it had on the back three years ago when she bought it lol!

4.8 must be nuts Paul, would love to get a go in that! :p

Alan Jefferies is on Valley Road now ;)

He's been in Plympton for years, but a lot of people dont rate him much :wacko: a good friend had his Octavia Vrs remapped by him and ended up going back 3 times eventually getting the origional map restored. and was very unimpressed with his attitude and general lack of customer care.

..4.8 must be nuts Paul, would love to get a go in that! :p

...it was however that particular GPS run was 4.2secs ;P

Welcome to have a go when I have sorted out the current issues... should have even more power then and might try for sub 4 secs if I can change gear quick enough lol

Your 5 speed box is really helping you there... fecking 6 speeders are 3 gear changes to get it over a ton!!

<tuffty/>

He's been in Plympton for years, but a lot of people dont rate him much :wacko: a good friend had his Octavia Vrs remapped by him and ended up going back 3 times eventually getting the origional map restored. and was very unimpressed with his attitude and general lack of customer care.

The guy's useless IMO, I went in and asked for a Jetex filter and he tried to school me on 1.8t's. Wouldn't just sell me the part I want, he tried to be like Bill and offer me advice and help me out. I think he was trying to be helpful, but he fell at the first hurdle by not having a ****ing clue what he was on about haha! I ended up spending a good hour there arguing with him over how totally wrong he was about everything he said, then pulling out my dyno sheet (the I carry to shut people up) and showing his how much power it made on it's current setup and that if he fancied pulling out one of his stage 1 Subaru's, and he was confident it would get further than 100 yards I'd be more than happy to take his "1.8t's are a terrible engine" comments.

Didn't realise you were in Ivybridge, will have to meet up some time?

And yes Paul, would be epic. I've been out in Bumble with his old spec a couple of years back, is it comparable to that?

And yeah, 5 speed REALLY does help! I can do a ton in third with no dramas :)

....And yes Paul, would be epic. I've been out in Bumble with his old spec a couple of years back, is it comparable to that?

PE spec or Hybrid K04 spec?... Bumble was putting out 370hp in PE spec... 330 hp in hybrid spec...

Think when Nick came out for a spin she was running between 350 and 370 hp... once the works done then 'should' be nudging low 400's but have seen similar spec turbo as mine make 450 ish... time will tell I guess but you still need to run yours on Bills dyno so maybe in the new year we can sort that out ;P

<tuffty/>

I'm not quite sure to be honest, it was 2 years ago at my first B5 RR day.

I'm worried about going on the rollers, what if it doesn't pull good figures and everybody laughs at me? I know this sounds stupid, but can Bill do 5/6 full throttle runs back to back with it first before doing the proper power run? Because it is a bit wet until it's had a caning for a couple of minutes.

It misfires too when building boost until it's hot, which Prawn tells me is it running lean. I don't really want to turn the boost down to make it run richer, I'd rather find another way around it lol!

Last edited:

I'm worried about going on the rollers, what if it doesn't pull good figures and everybody laughs at me? I know this sounds stupid, but can Bill do 5/6 full throttle runs back to back with it first before doing the proper power run? Because it is a bit wet until it's had a caning for a couple of minutes.

It misfires too when building boost until it's hot, which Prawn tells me is it running lean. I don't really want to turn the boost down to make it run richer, I'd rather find another way around it lol!
:lmfao: fkn jardo.....:)

:lmfao:

If this car is still alive in 12 months time I'll eat my own fist

Bill will warm the engine properly before doing a run on any car mate... then you typically get 3 power runs unless you are paying for a diagnostics session...

<tuffty/>

Bill will warm the engine properly before doing a run on any car mate... then you typically get 3 power runs unless you are paying for a diagnostics session...

<tuffty/>

I will probably take it out for a beasting, then let it sit on the rollers and have it's three runs so it is running right.

What can I do to help the running lean on build up? When I say "get hot" I mean, I don't give it ANY boost until it is at 90*. But I can drive it normally all day and go to put my foot down and it will misfire for the first couple of pulls but then after a couple of pulls it properly fly's. Do you want me to maybe do a couple of logs on it so you can see fueling?

I will probably take it out for a beasting, then let it sit on the rollers and have it's three runs so it is running right.

What can I do to help the running lean on build up? When I say "get hot" I mean, I don't give it ANY boost until it is at 90*. But I can drive it normally all day and go to put my foot down and it will misfire for the first couple of pulls but then after a couple of pulls it properly fly's. Do you want me to maybe do a couple of logs on it so you can see fueling?

Maybe worth having a diags session then mate... Bill can log shizzle and let you know whats what...

Bill can load the car off boost to get stuff hot if need be... its how he maps stuff anyway :)

<tuffty/>

Maybe worth having a diags session then mate... Bill can log shizzle and let you know whats what...

Bill can load the car off boost to get stuff hot if need be... its how he maps stuff anyway :)

<tuffty/>

Ahhh good good, yes a diagnostics session would be useful. I'm sure you and Bill would like to do some proper logs on the car as well just to see whats what!

Random question, pre facelift TQS. Will that have a KO3 or an S on it?

It misfires too when building boost until it's hot, which Prawn tells me is it running lean.

Bills RR day you came to was 1 year and 8 days ago, Bill hasn't even had a dyno 2 years!

I don't think I'd have said the misfire was a lean misfire, it wouldn't make sense to only do that on warm up. I have no idea why it does it!

Was it really a year ago?! I can't remember, I don't even know what ****ing day it is today let alone back then.

Hmm, a certain forum member *cough*Scottb5*cough* has my vaginal communications lead so I'll wait for him to drop that back then do some logs :)

Annoying though, I wonder if it is either cheap MAF/plugs/coilpacks?

Have you tried getting your coilpacks changed on the recall?

are AGU bolt down coilpacks covered by the recall Tom? I thought it was for AUM style push down coilpacks only!

I'm not sure matey, I've not felt the need to enquire as for some reason my car has never had any coil issues and is the only 1.8T I've ever seen to have a dead steady idle :)

Could have been an easy solution to your mans misfire if they're covered. Worth a phone call maybe at least.

I don't THINK AGU are on the recall, the coilpacks are totally different you see, and have a seperate ign amp rather than the coil having it's own amp. My AGU coilpacks are all original, and have covered 210k without issue so far!

no mate, but they'd be perfect for giving to me as spares!

push down ME7 coils are 3 wire I believe, and AGU coils are 4 wire, (could be the other way round) totally different plugs too.

From how I understand it (open to correction), on the push downs, each coil contains it's own ignition amp to generate the charge, so ti's given a signal, and it amplifies it internally.

bolt down AGU/AEB coils don't do this, they have a seperate ignition amplifier for the job.

My guess is that that's why AGU coils last for ages, as they're doing less work.

Saw your car doing the rounds at ADI session, good thread, enjoyed it!

DSC_0281.jpg

DSC_0309.jpg

That would be Jardos boyfriend, George 'Spunky' Seamons with the silver A3 track car....

Thought I had photo of it on track, but it's a silver S3 8L now I look more closely!

You wouldn't have dude, Georges car wsn't at ADI. Did you get any pics of me on track? identical to jardos but with an orange cage (and going much quicker :p)

You wouldn't have dude, Georges car wsn't at ADI. Did you get any pics of me on track? identical to jardos but with an orange cage (and going much quicker :p)

Only these 2 I'm afraid, must have been going too fast for me to catch you!

DSC_0285.jpg

DSC_0318.jpg

Ahhh good pictures! Thanks, like those! :)

My missus is driving in both of the pictures, so she'll be glad to see them!

This is Spunky's car, shame it's got too many doors, is the wrong color and has a Ko3 -

183052_10150113608321052_507836051_6387133_3187062_n.jpg

71593_458066816051_507836051_5413018_5792767_n.jpg

310945_10150298074756052_507836051_7858864_1508750_n.jpg

309816_10150298074556052_507836051_7858862_2820318_n.jpg

Nice pics Warren, if you don't mind I'm going to cross post them into my build thread :)

If you'd rather I didn't then just drop me a PM

Nice pics Warren, if you don't mind I'm going to cross post them into my build thread :)

If you'd rather I didn't then just drop me a PM

It's all good mate so go ahead!