1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is APR tuning remap any good?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by One Spoke, Feb 11, 2010.

1. One Spoke

One Spoke Member

[Feb 11, 2010]
    Hi all!

I can't seem to find APR remaps mentioned on here anywhere. Does anyone have any experience of them and is it any good? I particularly like the idea of switching between maps using the cruise control stalk.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. mrgicm

mrgicm Phantom black S3/

[Feb 11, 2010]
    Hello,
    I have the APR stg2+ remap for a year now and I am VERY VERY satisfied... its perfect, lots and lots of power throughout the whole rev range... not any complatints or bad thoughts... However I dont have the cruise control option as I dont think its that great to switch maps that often... but thats just my opinion.... Anyway, at first I had stage 2 and it was Awsome but then when I went stg2+ its was just mindblowing.... It does 0-60 in 4.5sec (G-tech) and 302kmh top speed... :)
  4. One Spoke

One Spoke Member

[Feb 11, 2010]
    That's good to know, though you appear to have caught the tuning bug far more than I am planning to lol That's some beast you've created.

I was only thinking of Stage 1 remap and nothing else.
  5. mrgicm

mrgicm Phantom black S3/

[Feb 11, 2010]
    Thanks man... That was the exact same thing I was thinking 17 months ago... Im sure you will go much more than stage 1 especially when you try it... but IMHO Milltek is a must have... :) :)
  6. One Spoke

One Spoke Member

[Feb 11, 2010]
    Resonated or non-resonated? Or does it just depend how loud you want it?
  7. navnayyar

navnayyar Member

[Feb 12, 2010]
    Ive heard apr dont make the claimed power gains and vary quiet a lot.
  8. 3.2 Ju

3.2 Ju Well-Known Member

[Feb 12, 2010]
    I had APR on my old Leon Cupra R and I found it a great map. It doesn't give the initial shove in the back that you get with Revo, as it is a lot smoother, but on the RR it was giving the same power. I also had the different maps installed, which was handy although not really needed as I used 98ron all the time, but the Anti-Theft is a MUST.
    I'm getting the 3.2 done eventually. I know I won't get the best power gains but I want it for the Anti Theft option.
  9. 3.2 Ju

3.2 Ju Well-Known Member

[Feb 12, 2010]
    Navnayyar, I'll keep an eye out for you as I'm also from Bradford. Should be easy to spot you're car with the optics and wheels!:icon_thumright:
  10. navnayyar

navnayyar Member

[Feb 12, 2010]
    no probs dude! any pics of your car so I know who i'm looking out for? before I think its some crazy guy flagging me down.
  11. phil76

phil76 Active Member

[Feb 12, 2010]
    There were a few on GTI forum i think who had APR and werent pleased with them and the claims to actual figures if i remember correct but suppose its like for like same as on here where people chop and change for various reasons
  12. 3.2 Ju

3.2 Ju Well-Known Member

[Feb 12, 2010]
    Yes mate
    I need to get some new pics but it should be distinctive as it's lowered on H&R's, full Votex kit and custom painted Audi BBS splits reg H3 ***