ipod dock

nickyh

Reaction score
hey guys

is there a way of getting the song titles on your ipod through the dock onto the mmi screen instead of just having track numbers....

cheers

Not that I know of.

The ipod dock is totally and utterly useless waste of money. I hate mine with a passion! Worst thing about the car by far. Infuriates me how crap it is especially when you think how much they charge for it...

l dont have mmi. Using the ipod from the glovebox doesnt give me any info, which is strange as l can burn a cd and it shows the info.

The standard Audi iPod connection does not show any track information. CD tracks will display details as that uses a different techology. If you are using the Symphony Stereo with the inbuild CD changer then you will find that the MP3 also will not display track names.

There is a new ipod connection called AMI I think that will allow the iPod menus and track details to be carrried into the new RNS-E display but this required the 3G/Mk2 RNS-E - Costly solution!
If you already have sn RNS-E then you can buy an Alphine solution that carries the iPod features into the RNS through an Alpine interface. I think there was some limitations to this but can't quite remeber what.

In summary the Audi iPod cable is not ideal - shame really!

Not that I know of.

The ipod dock is totally and utterly useless waste of money. I hate mine with a passion! Worst thing about the car by far. Infuriates me how crap it is especially when you think how much they charge for it...

Totally agree,mine cant even find songs or albums on it half the time when i put something new on,totally not pleased with it

You could try the Dension products, I have the 300 model for my symphony headunit and it shows the trackname on the DIS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk