iPod Connection - OEM

Daniel97

Reaction score
I have spent hours searching this and no threads seem to contain concise easy to follow info so ill ask again lol ..

I would like to fit an iPod connection (not necessarily a dock) into my A4. I would like it to charge the iPod(iPhone) and allow me to control and play tracks - with track info on the CD player screen and the DIS.

I have a 2003 Audi and the HU is a concert (i assume concert 1?)

What are my options?

Thanks all!

Not much, the genuine Audi one will only list all the tracks on your iPod as a play list, that is the main reason I changed mine for a media system, I Can't tell you about any 3rd party stuff out there as I didn't look

There's a very funky piece of kit from Alpine (ALPINE KCE 425i).... not just track names, but also video if you have the RNSe....

Only problem is it's about £200, so it should be good!!!

I have spent hours searching this and no threads seem to contain concise easy to follow info so ill ask again lol ..

I would like to fit an iPod connection (not necessarily a dock) into my A4. I would like it to charge the iPod(iPhone) and allow me to control and play tracks - with track info on the CD player screen and the DIS.

I have a 2003 Audi and the HU is a concert (i assume concert 1?)

What are my options?

Thanks all!

Hello Daniel, I too was like you recently. I found the OEM Ipod adapter at ECStuning.com; I didn't like that one because it locks up your ipod so all the controls are on the Stock Head Unit. Thinking from a practical sense I'm always switching music artists and songs. Its a lot faster to do this with ipod in your hand but when its locked your forced to use the Head Unit. I also like everything to be all stock and accessible and since I have satellite I opted for the DICE unit with SAT; I'll let you know how it goes. OEM ipod adapter was a good option back in 2003 or 2005 however since ipod/iphone's have so many features now these days it doesn't make sense for a stereo to lock your device unless you have a NAV system with a nice display that can browse your ipod/iphone; older Audi's do not. I hope this helps some. By the way, the Ipod adapter I ordered that has SAT option is nice but my darn SAT tuner is in the trunk.. :(. Now I have to do a real do it yourself project to get this going but it should be a fun experience. Good luck my friend

Last edited: