1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPod Connection - OEM

Daniel97 Dec 4, 2011

1. Daniel97

Daniel97 Member

I have spent hours searching this and no threads seem to contain concise easy to follow info so ill ask again lol ..

I would like to fit an iPod connection (not necessarily a dock) into my A4. I would like it to charge the iPod(iPhone) and allow me to control and play tracks - with track info on the CD player screen and the DIS.

I have a 2003 Audi and the HU is a concert (i assume concert 1?)

What are my options?

Thanks all!

2. mattyboyc

mattyboyc B6 Veteran Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group TDi

Not much, the genuine Audi one will only list all the tracks on your iPod as a play list, that is the main reason I changed mine for a media system, I Can't tell you about any 3rd party stuff out there as I didn't look

3. Daniel97

Daniel97 Member

How much would the genuine audi one cost? And is it an easy fit?

4. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

There's a very funky piece of kit from Alpine (ALPINE KCE 425i).... not just track names, but also video if you have the RNSe....

Only problem is it's about £200, so it should be good!!!

5. Daniel97

Daniel97 Member

And it connects to concert 2?

6. Daniel97

Daniel97 Member

isn't this better?

[h=1]GW16AC2[/h]

7. jperez3

jperez3 New Member

Hello Daniel, I too was like you recently. I found the OEM Ipod adapter at ECStuning.com; I didn't like that one because it locks up your ipod so all the controls are on the Stock Head Unit. Thinking from a practical sense I'm always switching music artists and songs. Its a lot faster to do this with ipod in your hand but when its locked your forced to use the Head Unit. I also like everything to be all stock and accessible and since I have satellite I opted for the DICE unit with SAT; I'll let you know how it goes. OEM ipod adapter was a good option back in 2003 or 2005 however since ipod/iphone's have so many features now these days it doesn't make sense for a stereo to lock your device unless you have a NAV system with a nice display that can browse your ipod/iphone; older Audi's do not. I hope this helps some. By the way, the Ipod adapter I ordered that has SAT option is nice but my darn SAT tuner is in the trunk.. :(. Now I have to do a real do it yourself project to get this going but it should be a fun experience. Good luck my friend

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011