[iPhone Users] Anyone updated to iOS 7.1 (Bluetooth Question)

vimy

Reaction score
Has anyone updated their iPhone to iOS7.1?

Theres a feature there that I have been looking for, for a long time in my A3... its something called HFP (Hands Free Profile).
What is HFP you ask? It allows the phone to dicatate the directions through the A3 even when the phone is connected just as a handsfree device (not audio player).
So theoretically you could be playing the radio or listening to music via the SD card and then if you have your iPhone navigating you somewhere (only with Apple Maps though) it will dictate the directions through the AMI system going back and forth between music and the voiceover.

The reason I ask is because I've always had issues upgrading to newer versions, so I would rather verify the function works on the A3 before I upgrade the fw.

Updated to 7.1. This feature works as described - what's weird is when active it shows the phone icon with your own name displayed ,but only while it dictates. The rest of the time the mmi display is as normal, which is sort of disappointing as there is no way of knowing if the feature is working or not .

Yeah I just checked it on my friends phone connected to my car. It is working! :D
Not sure how but in my friends 330d his had this functionality even before 7.1

My iPhone has done this since I had the iPhone 4. I'm pretty sure if you didn't have HFP you wouldn't be getting bluetooth connectivity even for calls in any car. Normally when connecting you get two for: Hands Free Profile and Audio Source Profile.

The usual one is Headset profile actually, rather than Hands Free.

Audi Q3

I updated my Iphone 5 software to iOS 7.1.2 a couple of weeks ago and had no problems connecting my phone via bluetooth for handsfree and Audio and it has been fantastic for 6 weeks.

Yesterday for no reason... My Audi MMI told me no BT device connected for Audio even though it is on automatic connection to my phone.

I turned off the car and restarted but nothing happened.
I rebooted my phone
I switched off bluetooth and on again
I "forget connection" and re connected

And all I can do is connect in Handsfree mode and it will not connect for Audio...

Anyone have any answers?? I have only had the car 6 weeks....

So its not a problem with the Bluetooth then if its connecting telephone via the speakers. There is a setting in the menus to connect audio via Bluetooth also, im 99% sure there is. Read the manual or have a look when connecting the Bluetooth.

Hi
I have tried the option to connect audio via Bluetooth. It finds my phone but will only connect in Handsfree mode even when I specify connect an Audio source. When I look in source it says no audio device connected.
It is so frustrating as it worked 72 hours ago!

Agree with other comments about checking settings.

Also worth trying a forced reboot of the MMI.

John.

Select media, then click on settings, then bluetooth settings, then device management, then select your phone, then select Audio player connect.

That's exactly how you do it in an S3, I'm sat in front of mine now.

Thanks!! I will give it a try later.
Do you have iso 7.1.2?