Interior boot light and other issues.

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Evening all.

I have a Audi A4 saloon and I'm having issues with the boot interior light not working.

When am I open the boot the car DIS will flash for a second to show the boot has opened but them goes and and thinks it's shut, not only this but when the boot lid is open, the power to the number plate lights and the lights on the boot lid go off and the DIS comes up with warning messages showing the rear left and right fog lights are out.

Any ideas as its doing my head in now?

I've just put an LED in my boot light. I had 2 different LEDs, one flashed when I opened the boot and then went out, the other worked fine. My point is that some LEDs are better than others. Sorry this is not really relevant to your question.

It sounds like you have a broken wire somewhere. I would check the wires around the hinges for breaks.

Reactions: pauldazzle
Have done mate. They are all fine.

I think it's to do with the latch itself but not sure.

After the recent problems I have had, I would be focusing on the latch operation. Play around with it, pretending to lock it with a screwdriver. Check the connector!

Read my "Battery Drain" thread dude. As suggested check the wiring, check the connectors. If you find a few broken wires you can obviously repair them but I would be inclined to find a late model b6 in a scrapyard and have the loom off it. That's what did with my front doors.

Reactions: Dani_B19
I'll recheck them. I'm still unsure if it's linked to the micro switch but no I be seems to know where it's located. Any ideas?

Get the lock assy from the scrapyard as well. £20 for lock and loom I would think. I paid £30 for both front door looms including door card looms.

It sounds like you have a faulty boot sensor to me

What / where is this "boot sensor"?

Reactions: Welshquattro
Right little update.

The boot light does actually work, popped the boot earlier via the keyfob and it was partially opened, noticed light coming from the boot, popped my head in and bingo the light works, slowly opened the boot and about 1/4 way up that's when the light goes out along with the rear lights.

So I'm guessing it's either a lose connection or a broken wire!
Thoughts?

So narrowed it down to a broken wire in the cabling that runs along the boot hinge and into the tailgate, only problem there's no clear way to get at it.

Any ideas guys?

They easy to remove though? Can't see how to take it out!

Sorry can't help mate, never had any issues with the boot.....yet! Have a search on the forums or visit the breakers and remove the loom. You can be brutal about it, but don't damage the loom lol!

Reactions: Dani_B19