Inlet Manifold + Throttle Body Removal and Replacement

S3_NDJ

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a spare inlet manifold im looking to fit i have bought the gaskets thats needed.

Is there any pointers anyone can give me ?? As cant afford to have the car off the road.

What sort of torque do i need to do the bolts to on the inlet mani when i fit it as i dont wanna over do it or leave it to loose

Also i gather u can just take the throttle body off and replace it with no issues

Ill be replacing my thermostat also at the same time

This might sound a bit sarcastic, please don't take it that way, but you have done all that in your footer and are asking about torque wrench settings for an inlet manifold? it looks like you have already changed it once too?

Hey stuart yea no worries m8 i was just double checking as i dont wanna have any issues with the car being of the road. It may have been a silly question but i would rather be safe that sorry

Recently done this it's easy, I would clean your throttle body whilst you've got it off mine was filthy I reset it with vcds but i think disconnecting the battery does it he same thing. Torque to head is 10nm

Reactions: S3_NDJ
All done today looking smart now im happy :)
4a6a302728dd7b2e62dbac58886904ac.jpg
d04d0a4cf3c92cce5450775d21cb791c.jpg
76681eb68f1ed28fedec156fee95c92b.jpg
8742d29ed5393a0d8b5b293bbe51f7f3.jpg

Reactions: Ant_S3
That's a tidy looking engine bay! I like that exhaust manifold cover is it the one off the group buy on here? I want one as my plastic one is broke!

I see you have spent some time polishing your manifold and charge pipe, I want to do something with my manifold but a bit worried it will be high maintenance being shiney! Is it possible to have them powder coated or will the heat just ruin it?

That's a tidy looking engine bay! I like that exhaust manifold cover is it the one off the group buy on here? I want one as my plastic one is broke!

I see you have spent some time polishing your manifold and charge pipe, I want to do something with my manifold but a bit worried it will be high maintenance being shiney! Is it possible to have them powder coated or will the heat just ruin it?

Think you mean INLET manifold cover..

Hey yea i gather u mean inlet cover and yes it is one from the group buy section. I bought the charge pipe and inlet manifold so to be honest i wouldnt know how to polish them up or about powder coating them.

And thanks yea its looking smart so far im not going for any power gains really as once u start u dont stop and trying to gt a house in march lol