I hate cleaning wheels

scotty76

Reaction score
Love getting the car all shiny, shiny but I do not like cleaning wheels. They are sealed with Planet Polish Wheel Seal & Shine so all it takes is shampoo and water and the dirt comes straight off but still I find it mind numbing. That is all. :)

OP I am with you. If I could raise my car up onto a ramp, I would get more enjoyment from doing my alloys. But having to sit on my ****, knees or bend down makes cleaning my alloys a right pain.

haha dont get a set of bbs ch wheels then mine take on average 3 hours when doing full 3 monthly clean this does involve taking them off.

im with karl on the quick method.

My tactic works great, my 8yr old son, a lot smaller hands than me so he gets right inside, and yes get a good cleaner on em first, i use, well me lad uses a 70/30 shampoo water mix which he gives the wheels a real good coat with it first before even touching them with the hose, a little brush is real handy too.

Of course this is all done under supervision, once you have seen a scratch pad go down your door once, you never let it happen again (he was only 3 at the time)

I had the top come off a Vikan Wheel Brush, exposing the metal core. I didn't notice until I had scratched all four alloys (on this car). Gutted would not quite cover it. Wheel refurb is on the list at some point. I tend to stick to a dedicated microfibre noodle wash mitt for the wheels now. Occasionally I use a Valet Pro Long Reach Wheel brush to do the backs without taking the wheels off.

I did two coats of Planet Polish Wheel Seal & Shine recently and notice I can now get most of the dirt off with the pressure washer alone. Also CG No Touch Snow Foam (thanks Jen) seems to help with stuck on dirt. It's the first snow foam I have actually been impressed with.

I still hate cleaning wheels though. :)

i use iron-x just spray it on generously wait 2 mins and wait for the solution to turn red / purple then rince all the dirt is gone and didnt really have to do anything :)