how many s3 seen?

• I followed another Monsoon Grey SB a couple of months back on local roads - disgraceful!
  • I overtook one (can't recall version) up in Scotland last July :D
  • Seen another couple of black SB one locally to me as well

I have to say Ive not seen one on the road at all.

I have never seen a single S3 8V in the flesh and I've had my A3 for almost a year, so it's not like I wouldn't spot one!

I did see a A3 s-line with an S3 badge, the lack of 4 pipes was the give away ....

Reactions: Cymru09
I did see a A3 s-line with an S3 badge, the lack of 4 pipes was the give away ....
The law dictates that you must pull up beside this person and give them a proper old thrashing at the traffic light GP.

The law dictates that you must pull up beside this person and give them a proper old thrashing at the traffic light GP.

unfortunately this was in a carpark and the A3 was parked and no driver ........couldn't even ask them how their S3 went

Other than in here, and in a dealership, I have seen none on the road. But then I live in the impoverished south east of England...

I see a red hatchback with F38 10 spoke alloys parked in new moston most days and it's lovely. One of the reasons that made me start looking at them...anyone on here?????

Other than that I have seen very few of the new shape, plenty of the previous model and they still look nice too.

I have seen 3 on the roads over here (Cayman Islands) which were all saloons/sedans. Panther black, daytona grey and one of the red colors. There is only one dealership here so when ordering mine I was able to ask what colors people had gone for already.

Probably about 100. 50% of the new ones in march will probably sepang blue in aberdeen. At least it will be a change from white.

Reactions: elpaulio
Seen 2 S3s, one saloon (black) and one sportback (sepang). Seen a few A3's but only one S Line and none in Daytona :D

Have seen more saloons than hatchback & sprtback combined. Always on M4 or M25. Seen 2 sportbacks one with number plate Watf0rd in grey and there is an Estoril blue SB somewhere near me near Watford/ Northwood one hatchback in Dover

Have seen many around the London area. Mainly Sportbacks but did see a rather nice S3 Saloon in Daytona in Uxbridge the other week.

I think I've only seen one and it was a saloon

In the 15 months I've had the S3; I've seen 3 on the road. Last was an Estoril blue coming out of John Lewis on the greyhound park in Chester at the week end.

a red convertible s3 last week
3 x glacier
2 x estroil.
1 x black

all in manchester.

seen 5 in the two audi dealerships down here (manchester and stockport)

oyh few weeks ago i heard a lovely noise behind me and looked back to see a another black one pulling out. :devilish:

Loads. When I had mine there were a total of 4 at my work.
Couple of dozen more than those too I expect.
Common in Aberdeen. More so than the Golf R (oops).

Reactions: elpaulio and Psyman79
In the six months I've been S3 spotting, three.

2 SB
1 Saloon (first one I've ever seen being driven) last weekend in Tetbury

At a hotel in Royal Tunbridge Wells tonight and there is one parked up on the road outside and one in the car park. Otherwise its a rare old beast in the part of the world I live (South West)

Last edited:
Never seen one here. Audi stopped selling A3s in North America towards the end of 2013 because Americans don't buy hatchbacks. U.S. sales didn't resume until February 2014, and April in Canada, when the 8V sedan/saloon became available. I see a fair number of A3s now, but haven't seen an S3 yet.

Quite a few ... I do commute around the M25 and work by Heathrow.
Two I see quite regularly one misano and another black. Both have S3*** number plates.

I see a red sb outside a house in lancaster all the time and 2 black sb's and an amalfi white hb s-line lowered on rotors in Cheltenham.

A black SB at the Hilton Hotel Stansted every Saturday morning when I take my daughter to swimming lessons.
A misano HB in Bishops Stortford, was the final straw that pushed me to upgrade from 8P to 8V....

I have only seen one S3 saloon. S3 cars are always going to be rare though just like the S4/RS cars are. I don't think the average joe would go for a car that is a petrol and has 300 bhp. Heck I own an A4 TFSI quattro and don't think i have seen another one since I have had it.

So on journey home today from Tonbridge (135 miles) I saw:-

- Black 3dr parked up in Royal Tunbridge Wells
- White saloon parked up Hotel Du Vin Royal Tunbridge Wells
- Misano saloon Tonbridge.
- 3 x Sepang SB's on a delivery lorry, M25 junction for Gatwick (sorry steeve - even more soon to be on the road)
- 3dr Estroil Blue being driven hard across the Salisbury plain

7 in a day is the most I've ever seen!

So on journey home today from Tonbridge (135 miles) I saw:-

- Black 3dr parked up in Royal Tunbridge Wells
- White saloon parked up Hotel Du Vin Royal Tunbridge Wells
- Misano saloon Tonbridge.
- 3 x Sepang SB's on a delivery lorry, M25 junction for Gatwick (sorry steeve - even more soon to be on the road)
- 3dr Estroil Blue being driven hard across the Salisbury plain

7 in a day is the most I've ever seen!
Really had your S3 spotters goggles on today mate ;):D

Reactions: Pulp84
Not including ones at dealers. I see a white HB everyday at the station car park. Seen 1 Sepang SB in Baasildon. One Red SB on the A1 One Black SB on the A1 and one White SB in the Lake District. Apart from that none.

Until I ordered mine I had never seen a single 8v s3 in the flesh, since ordering I have seen a black 3 door parked outside a Chinese restaurant and a white saloon at a dealership. So in 3 months I've seen 2! I thought I would notice them a lot after ordering one but hey, now it feels like I'll be a bit more exclusive :)

I saw an S3 SB in Sepang in Waitrose in East Sheen Surrey. I've seen NONE in Aldi or Lidl so that probably says it all. Or perhaps S3 owners disguise theirs as S-Lines when shopping there!

Really had your S3 spotters goggles on today mate ;):D

Yep. I'm thinking of getting a note pad so I can record ones I have spotted......SB or saloon?, colour, spec, Xenons or LEDs ?

Bit like train spotting just without standing on some windswept bridge in an anorak :huh: